Overview[edit | edit source]
Workshop takes place inside a factory with many tables blocking sight for towers. Bloons enter a straight path from the left side to the right side, although 50% faster than all the other tracks. Among the most notable mechanic of this map is the reverse motor and track extensions. The player can pay to activate the reverse motor to slow bloons down to normal speed for 30 seconds, or use the track extensions to force bloons to take a longer path on the track for 20 seconds.
Similar to Cargo, the boxes on the blue chute near the end will move out and serve as a path for M.O.A.B. Class Bloons. This path is very short, so extra caution must be taken to quickly pop these bloons.
Reverse Motor and Track Extensions[edit | edit source]
Reverse Motor can be used to slow down all bloons on the map, including BADs, for up to 30 seconds. Cooldown for this machine is 30 seconds upon activation, but this allows Reverse Motor to have full uptime.
Track Extensions temporarily forces all bloons on the map to move along the longer lanes, for up to 20 seconds. Cooldown is 20 seconds upon activation, but just like Reverse Motor, full uptime is available for Track Extensions.
The costs to activate a Reverse Motor or Track Extensions are as follows, starting from first usage, where "r" is round number:
|#||Reverse Motor||Track Extensions|
|2||$100 + floor(r, 10) * 100||$250 + floor(r, 15) * 150|
|3||$200 + floor(r, 10) * 100||$400 + floor(r, 15) * 150|
|4||$250 + floor(r, 10) * 100||$550 + floor(r, 15) * 150|
|5||$300 + floor(r, 10) * 100||$700 + floor(r, 15) * 150|
|6||$350 + floor(r, 10) * 100||$850 + floor(r, 15) * 150|
|7||$400 + floor(r, 10) * 100||$1000 + floor(r, 15) * 150|
|8||$450 + floor(r, 10) * 100||$1150 + floor(r, 15) * 150|
|9||$500 + floor(r, 10) * 100||$1300 + floor(r, 15) * 150|
|10||$550 + floor(r, 10) * 100||$1400 + floor(r, 15) * 150|
Subsequent uses cost an extra $50 per Reverse Motor usage, and an extra $150 per Track Extensions usage.
The cost of the Reverse Motor increases by $100 every 10 rounds (aside from the first usage, which is always free), and the Track Extensions every 15 rounds.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- Some players report a Workshop "hole" where towers with on-track projectiles cannot target properly. This mainly affects Obyn Greenfoot brambles.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Workshop (BTD6)/Strategies
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Version History[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The MOAB path without using the reversal engine or the track extensions is one of the shortest paths in the Bloons Tower Defense series.
- This map, Muddy Puddles, and Infernal are the only Expert maps in Bloons TD 6 to not have any removable blockers.
- Workshop is currently the only Expert map in Bloons TD 6 without water, unless counting #Ouch with the puddle removed.
- On release, Workshop was considered as one of the hardest Expert Maps in BTD6 due to the short paths and the speed-up effect of the bloons. As harder maps like Bloody Puddles and Ravine were released, it eventually falls out of the center of the attention for CHIMPS.
- Workshop is the second map in BTD6 to possess the same name as a pre-existing BTD5 map without at all being related to that map. Downstream also shares its name with a BTD5 track.
- The Reverse Motor is currently the only mechanic in the entire game to slow down BADs, since Time Stop received a full makeover.
- There was a bug that existed for Workshop since Version 13.0 or so where restarting while Reverse Motor is running would permanently turn on Reverse Motor until exiting out of the game and returning back into the game save. This was fixed as of Version 17.1.
- If the Workshop map was rotated through a 3D rotation mod, such that the entrances and exits can be seen, there are actually blue chutes on both ends.