|“||Wizard Lord becomes a master of the flame, turns into a super powerful Lava Phoenix for a short time.||”|
|~ Wizard Lord Phoenix upgrade description|
The Wizard Lord Phoenix is a Path 2, Tier 5 upgrade for the Wizard Monkey. Along with a permanent phoenix while its ability is inactive, the Wizard Lord Phoenix upgrade buffs the new Summon Phoenix ability with increased popping power, the ability to pop Purple Bloons, and in addition to the normal phoenix flame attack (with significantly faster projectile speed), the phoenix spews out 8 fireballs at 45° angles. Interestingly, instead of summoning another Phoenix, the Wizard Lord himself merges with the Phoenix so while the Wizard Lord Phoenix is active, the monkey will not be able to attack. While the ability is active, a carved flame rune is left where the Wizard was. Costs $51,000 on Easy, $60,000 on Medium, $64,800 on Hard, and $72,000 on Impoppable.
The ability lasts 20 seconds and has a cooldown of 50 seconds.
- Upgrading Wizard Lord Phoenix to 2/5/0 or 0/5/2 will make no difference to the Wizard Lord Phoenix ability, as the abilities are not affected by crosspaths. However, 0/5/2 is generally better because this takes advantage of the improved 50 pierce (opposed to 4 pierce) of the original non-ability Dragon's Breath attacks to damage Camo Bloons.
Multiple Wizard Lord Phoenix upgrades can no longer be exploited through activated Wizard Lord Phoenix ability.
Wizard Lord Phoenix now shoots 8 fireball projectiles instead of 4
Wizard Lord Phoenix projectile speed and fire breath attack speed greatly increased.
Wizard Lord Phoenix ability now deals 4x damage on its main attack and 10x damage on radial fire burst.
The tower's and the Phoenix's main fire breath attack has increased to 50 pierce each
Wizard Lord Phoenix price reduced ($80,000 → $60,000)
Wizard Lord Phoenix now has a basic phoenix active whenever ability is inactive
- Base phoenix damage increased from 2 to 3
- Base phoenix projectile speed increased from 200 to 300
- Despite being named after the Wizard Lord, he doesn't bear many resemblances to the original one in BTD5.
- Before the 2.0.0 update, another Wizard Lord Phoenix could have been placed and upgraded while the other was in phoenix form making many clones of the phoenix itself.
- Attempting to move this with the Support Chinook while it is still transformed will cause a game crash.
- This was fixed on Version. 3.0 (?)
- There is a bug where building a building on High Finance would destroy the active Wizard Lord Phoenix's phoenix form.
- When the basic Phoenix attacks while in influence of a Homeland defense, using the Wizard Lord ability spawns 2 Wizard Lord Phoenixes.
- There's a funny bug when you're testing your own challenge. If you enter a round with the Wizard Lord ability still active, lose that round and replay the round, the ability will be deactivated while the flame rune is still there. The rune will seem to "face" to the target bloons and attack just like a normal Wizard Lord. Reactivate the ability will make it normal again.
- If you put it on water with Snowstorm, the permanent tier 4 Phoenix that is spawned will have ice under it (not tested with x4x or x5x ability).