|“||Creates a super hot wall of fire across the track to roast the Bloons as they pass.||”|
|~ Wall of Fire upgrade description|
The Wall of Fire is the second upgrade of Path 2 for the Wizard Monkey in BTD6. It creates a crater of fire randomly on the track nearby that lasts for 4.5 seconds, refreshing every 5.5 seconds (4.5 seconds for Dragon's Breath and subsequent upgrades). The Wall of Fire can pop up to 15 bloons (+5 with Intense Magic) every 0.1 seconds, which is a substantial amount of popping power for a relatively low cost. However, the firewall's placement is completely randomized, unless crosspathed with Guided Magic, making it somewhat unreliable. It also cannot pop Purple Bloons without support, and any Purple Bloon that touches a Wall of Fire placed onto the track will destroy it.
It costs $765 on Easy, $900 on Medium, $970 on Hard, and $1080 on Impoppable.
- One Wall of Fire can be used near the exit to catch any leaking bloons.
- Wall of Fire is very good DPS for bloon rounds, and fairly good support DPS for MOABs and Ceramics.
- However, it can be inconsistent, as there is a small downtime where no Walls of Fire are set.
- One 0/2/2 Wall of Fire is a low-cost, reliable way to deal with Camo Leads.
- It should be noted that Wall of Fire extinguishes when Purple Bloons touch Wall of Fire, as of Version 8.1. It is useful not to place Wall of Fire too close to the entrance, as well as to be sure that other towers can pop Purples before reaching any Walls of Fire.
- When a Wall of Fire Wizard is used exclusively for the Wall of Fire attack, choosing to place the Wall of Fire only touching one point of the track means that it is easy to tell where the Wall of Fire will be and improve its consistency. However, there is a chance a Wall of Fire placed touching multiple tracks can resummon its fire in front of a bloon that has already taken damage, but this is still inconsistent.
- Guided Magic allows Wall of Fire to specifically target bloons based upon target priority. As long as bloons pass by the Wizard, it will always smartly place a Wall of Fire at a spot that corresponds to its target priority settings.
Wall of Fire is a low-cost method for general bloon cleanup for a rather lower price. It is effective at weakening a large wave of relatively weak bloons, or it can be used to clean up a few spaced bloons that sneak by. With 0-2-2, it is also a very cheap reliable solution against Camo Leads. To use the Wall of Fire upgrade to its maximum potential, use multiple groups of 0-2-0 Wizard Monkeys from as far from the placeable track as possible so that the consistency of Wall of Fire placements are optimized. Upgrade to 0-2-1 if there are extra grouped bloons and 0-2-2 if there are Camos. Beware of Purple Bloons – if any of them touch the Walls of Fire, then they will become extinguished! Ensure good Purple popping power is also included in the main defense, such as a 3-0-2 Ninja.
Traditionally, Wall of Fire was one of the most popular upgrades used for Race Events due to its low price and relatively high pierce, but due to various nerfs for the upgrade and the rise of upgrade restrictions on Race Events, Walls of Fire have seen less overall usage. However, it remains a useful source of cheap damage, as long as Purple Bloon popping power is managed properly so as to retain the Walls of Fire.
Wall of Fire no longer has infinite pierce. Instead, it now has 20 pierce per frame.
Cost of Wall of Fire increased ($1100 → $1300)
Guided Magic allows Wall of Fire to ignore Line of Sight
Wall of Fire does damage half as often.
Cost of Wall of Fire decreased ($1300 → $900)
Wall of Fire (unintentionally) pops Purple Bloons.
Wall of Fire no longer pops Purple Bloons without support.
Wall of Fire now disappears upon becoming impacted by a Purple Bloon instead of simply allowing the Purple Bloon to pass by untouched.
Wall of Fire now (correctly) can be deployed/shot further when the Wizard Monkey has increased range.
120 Wizard now uses tower targeting priority to guide the Wall of Fire
x2x Wall of Fire pierce reduced from 20 -> 15. Requires Intense Magic for 20 Wall of Fire pierce.
- In Version 8.0, there was a bug where all Walls of Fire could pop Purples as a result of the Blooncineration buff. This has been fixed on Version 8.1.