|“||Creates a super hot wall of fire across the track to roast the Bloons as they pass.||”|
|~ Wall of Fire upgrade description|
The Wall of Fire is the second upgrade of Path 2 for the Wizard Monkey in BTD6. It creates a crater of fire randomly on the track nearby that lasts for 5 seconds, refreshing every 5.5 seconds (4.5 seconds for Dragon's Breath and subsequent upgrades). The Wall of Fire can pop 20 bloons every 0.1 seconds, which is an excellent amount of popping power for a relatively low cost. However, the fire wall's placement is random, making it somewhat unreliable. It also cannot pop Purple Bloons without support. Costs $765 Easy, $900 on Medium, $970 on Hard, and $1080 on Impoppable.
- Having a large group of Walls of Fire is enough to burn down many grouped bloons effectively.
- One 0/2/2 Wall of Fire is a low-cost, reliable way to deal with Camo Leads.
- It should be noted that Wall of Fire extinguishes when Purple Bloons touch Wall of Fire, as of Version 8.1. It is useful not to place Wall of Fire too close to the entrance, as well as to be sure that other towers can pop Purples before reaching any Walls of Fire.
- One Wall of Fire can be used near the exit to catch any leaking bloons.
- When a Wall of Fire Wizard is used exclusively for the Wall of Fire attack, it is best to place the Wizard as far from the track as possible without missing the track itself. This is to help minimize random placement of the Wall of Fire.
Wall of Fire no longer has infinite pierce. Instead, it now has 20 pierce per frame.
Cost of Wall of Fire increased ($1100 → $1300)
Wall of Fire does damage half as often.
Cost of Wall of Fire decreased ($1300 → $900)
Wall of Fire (unintentionally) pops Purple Bloons
Wall of Fire no longer pops Purple Bloons without support.
Wall of Fire now disappears upon becoming impacted by a Purple Bloon instead of simply allowing the Purple Bloon to pass by untouched.
Wall of Fire now (correctly) can be deployed/shot further when the Wizard Monkey has increased range.
- In Version 8.0, there was a bug where all Walls of Fire could pop Purples as a result of the Blooncineration buff. This has been fixed on Version 8.1.