The term "Vengeful True Sun God" is a term popularized by fans and is confirmed by official sources (e.g. in-game, Ninja Kiwi blog).
|“||There can be only one.||”|
|~ "There Can Be Only One" MK description|
The Vengeful True Sun God (AKA Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey, the Dark Monkey God, or variants of all of these names) is a tower added to Bloons TD 6 in the 3.0 update. The Vengeful True Sun God is even more powerful version of the True Sun God, requiring the Monkey Knowledge "There Can Be Only One", $50,000+ worth of sacrifices on all four categories prior to upgrading from a maxed Sun Temple, along with a separate sacrifice of The Anti-Bloon and Legend of the Night outside its range.
The Vengeful True Sun God summons dark Sun Avatars and Spectres instead of the normal gold variants. It also shoots out deep dark crimson variants of the True Sun God's projectiles. Other than aesthetic changes, all of its attacks gain 2× damage, making it arguably the single-most powerful tower in the entire game, with the exception of instakills such as Legend of the Night's passive black hole ability, as well as certain types of maxed Paragons. Vengeful True Sun God cannot be summoned in Sandbox Mode, nor can it be summoned on C.H.I.M.P.S., where Monkey Knowledge is disabled.
The total cost for a Vengeful True Sun God is complex; the cost section of this page will further explain the total costs in greater detail.
It costs the same as a normal True Sun God, along with $50k of all tower categories (Primary, Military, Magic, Support) sacrificed prior to upgrading an existing maxed Sun Temple, plus the costs of The Anti-Bloon and Legend of the Night outside the range of it. Combining the sacrificing costs and the upgrade cost of the True Sun God upgrade itself altogether, the Vengeful True Sun God upgrade costs the following from scratch from these difficulties:
- $1,254,910+ on Easy (7 * $50,000+ 3 tower categories for the first sacrifice, and four tower categories for the second sacrifice, $102,765 for 0-5-0 Anti-Bloon, $265,370 for 0-0-5 Legend of the Night, $536,775 for the True Sun God upgrade).
- $1,414,600+ on Medium (7 * $50,000+ 3 tower categories for the first sacrifice, and four tower categories for the second sacrifice, $120,900 for 0-5-0 Anti-Bloon, $312,200 for 0-0-5 Legend of the Night, $631,500 for the True Sun God upgrade).
- $1,499,765+ on Hard (7 * $50,000+ 3 tower categories for the first sacrifice, and four tower categories for the second sacrifice, $130,570 for 0-5-0 Anti-Bloon, $337,175 for 0-0-5 Legend of the Night, $682,020 for the True Sun God upgrade).
- $1,772,600+ on Impoppable (7 * $50,000+ for the 3 tower categories for the first sacrifice, and four tower categories for the second sacrifice, $145,080 for 0-5-0 Anti-Bloon, $374,640 for 0-0-5 Legend of the Night, $757,800 for the True Sun God upgrade).
Remember, in order to summon the VTSG, the player must purchase a True Sun God and its preceding upgrades, an Anti-Bloon and its preceding upgrades, a Legend of the Night and its preceding upgrades, and a total of at least $350,000 in sacrifices.
Creating a Vengeful True Sun God
The Troubleshooting section acts as a slightly condensed version of this section and may be more helpful if the player cannot create the VTSG. In order to summon the Vengeful True Sun God, the player must follow the steps below:
- Have "There Can Be Only One" knowledge unlocked, have Monkey Knowledge enabled, play on a mode other than Sandbox Mode and C.H.I.M.P.S. (The specific knowledge point is disabled in Sandbox Mode, and all monkey knowledge is disabled in C.H.I.M.P.S.)
- Build a Sun Temple with max sacrifices ($50,000 spent) in 3 out of 4 tower categories, and then prepare $50,000+ sacrifices for all categories of towers for the True Sun God. Bear in mind that some towers may be discounted around the newly upgraded Sun Temple, especially if the player has sacrificed Support towers, so ensure the sell prices of each category sum up to more than $35,000 (or more than $37,500 with the Better Sell Deals MK).
- Outside of the Temple's range, place and upgrade The Anti-Bloon (x/5/x Super Monkey) and the Legend of The Night (x/x/5 Super Monkey); they cannot be sacrificed to the creation of the TSG, otherwise the upgrade to VTSG will fail.
- Upgrade the Sun Temple into True Sun God. If the Monkey Knowledge Point "There Can Be Only One" is activated the game will first animate the creation of the True Sun God and then absorb the Anti-Bloon and Legend of the Night, becoming a powerful Dark Temple.
The Vengeful True Sun God is effectively identical to its standard form with the exception of its main attack (which gains +25 damage from 25 to 50) and a triple increase in damage to its magic Avatar summons (from 4 to 12, excluding damage buffs from support sacrifices) as well as its other sacrifice powers. This form also disables the Anti-Bloon and Legend of the Night upgrades unless the Vengeful True Sun God is sold.
The Vengeful True Sun God can only be summoned by having maxed sacrifices on both the Tier 4 Sun Temple and the True Sun God, so it will always be some variation of 2/1/2/2 as it is impossible to have a Tier 4 Temple maxed in all categories. The tier of sacrifice paths increases by having sacrifices inputted into the Sun Temple prior to upgrading to True Sun God. The additional benefits provided by the Sun Temple are additional to the minimal Vengeful True Sun God. Keep in mind that it is worth it to sacrifice both the Legend of the Night and The Anti-Bloon for the Vengeful True Sun God, as it is overall much more powerful than all 3 original Tier 5 Super Monkeys combined.
This section includes various requirements that are frequently missed when building the Vengeful True Sun God. It also serves as a more condensed version of the steps to create a VTSG.
- The "There Can Only Be One" Monkey Knowledge in the Magic section has been purchased.
- Monkey Knowledge is not switched off (from the Monkey Knowledge menu), and that the selected game mode is not playing in CHIMPS or Sandbox mode, which automatically disables Monkey Knowledge.
- At least $50,000 worth of towers in three categories (out of Primary, Military, Magic, Support) to the Tier 4 Sun Temple (ie. $150,000 or more total in sacrifices) have been sacrificed.
- At least $50,000 worth of towers in all categories (Primary, Military, Magic, Support) to the Tier 5 True Sun God (ie. $200,000 or more total in sacrifices) have been sacrificed.
- The Legend of the Night and The Anti-Bloon have been purchased, but not within the range of sacrificing to the True Sun God.
To check if the value of each sacrifice category cost $50,000 or more, check the sell price(s) for each tower. To do so, ensure the sell prices of each category sum up to more than $35,000. However, the Better Sell Deals MK and nearby Monkey Buccaneers with Favored Trades increase the sell value (up to 95%), so add $2500 (5%) if Better Sell Deals is on, and add $5000 (10%) per nearby Favored Trades. A sell cost of $47,500 (95%) will always be guaranteed to have cost at least $50,000.
Towers to sacrifice
When sacrificing towers to the VTSG, its important to know what towers will get the player maxed sacrifices for each category for the least amount of cash so that the player doesn't have to spend anymore than they need to. However, it's nearly impossible to exactly spend $50,000 in each category due to the difficulties (and Impoppable) price multipliers and how the cumulative Tier 5 (the base price of a tower, plus Tier 1 to 5 in one path and maybe the other tiers in another path) upgrades may undershoot or overshoot the $50,000 minimum threshold required for maximum sacrifices. This section will show what towers and upgrades can cross the $50,000 sacrifice threshold for the least amount of money for each difficulty. This can also be applied to Sun Temple.
Note that these prices are without Monkey knowledge. This means that some prices might not be correct for some towers and upgrades, especially for Military Monkeys with the Military Conscription and Advanced Logistics Monkey Knowledge.
- Temple without Support sacrifices
Assume no discounts are given to any of the sacrificed towers. Prices correct as of Version 27.3.
- Primary: 5-0-0 Tack Shooter + 0-4-0 Dart Monkey; $50,335 in total cost ($35,235 in sell price)
- Military: 5-0-0 Heli Pilot; $58,860 in total cost ($41,202 in sell price)
- Magic: 0-5-0 Wizard Monkey; $53,210 in total cost ($37,247 in sell price)
- Support: 0-1-5 Engineer Monkey; $50,080 in total cost ($35,319 in sell price)
- Primary: 5-0-0 Tack Shooter; $50,330 in total cost ($35,231 in sell price)
- Military: 1-0-5 Heli Pilot; $50,000 in total cost ($35,000 in sell price)
- Magic: 0-0-5 and a 0-2-1 Ninja Monkey; $50,000 in total cost ($35,000 in sell price)
- Support: 0-5-1 Spike Factory; $50,050 in total cost ($35,035 in sell price)
- Primary: 0-1-5 Bomb Shooter with a 0-4-1 Boomerang Monkey; $50,120 in total cost ($35,084 in sell price)
- Military: 0-5-0 Heli Pilot; $51,305 in total cost ($35,914 in sell price)
- Magic: 5-0-0 + 0-0-0 Wizard Monkey, 0-0-0 Alchemist; $50,000 in total cost ($35,000 in sell price)
- Support: 3 4-2-0 Spike Factories; $50,565 in total cost ($35,397 in sell price)
- Primary: 0-5-0 + 0-0-0 Boomerang Monkey; $50,010 in total cost ($35,007 in sell price)
- Military: 5-0-0 Sniper Monkey; $53,040 in total cost ($37,128 in sell price)
- Magic: 0-5-0 Druid, $50,370 in total cost ($35,259 in sell price)
- Support: 5-0-0 + 0-1-4 Engineer Monkey; $50,125 in total cost ($35,088 in sell price)
- Temple with Support sacrifices
- Note: Maxed Support sacrifices give a 20% discount to all towers within range. This Includes Tier 4 and Tier 5 upgrades.
Assume no discounts except maxed Support Temple sacrifices are given to any of the sacrificed towers. Prices correct as of Version 27.3.
- Primary: TBA; $TBA in total cost ($TBA in sell price)
- Military: 5-0-0 Heli Pilot + 0-3-0 Sniper Monkey; ~$50,014 in total cost (~$35,010 in sell price)
- Magic: 0-1-4 Super Monkey; ~$50,116 in total cost (~$35,081 in sell price)
- Support: TBA; $TBA in total cost ($TBA in sell price)
- Primary: 0-0-5 Boomerang Monkey; $51,380 in total cost (~$35,966 in sell price)
- Military: 0-5-0 Sniper Monkey + 0-5-1 Mortar Monkey; $50,120 in total cost (~$35,084 in sell price)
- Magic: 0-5-0 Wizard Monkey; $50,080 in total cost (~$35,056 in sell price)
- Support: 2-5-0 Spike Factory + 2-4-0 Spike Factory; $50,080 in total cost ($37,560 in sell price)
- Primary: Two 2-0-5 Dart Monkeys + 0-0-3 Dart Monkey; ~$50,168 in total cost (~$35,118 in sell price)
- Military: TBA; $TBA in total cost ($TBA in sell price)
- Magic: TBA; $TBA in total cost ($TBA in sell price)
- Support: 0-0-5 Engineer Monkey; ~$51,080 in total cost (~$35,756 in sell price)
- Primary: 0-0-5 Dart Monkey + 0-0-5 Tack Shooter; ~$50,155 in total cost (~$35109 in sell price)
- Military: 0-0-5 Mortar Monkey; ~$51,024 in total cost (~$35717 in sell price)
- Magic: 2-0-5 Ninja Monkey + 0-1-0 Super Monkey; $50,448 in total cost (~$35,314 in sell price)
- Support: 2-5-0 Spike Factory + 0-0-1 Engineer Monkey; ~$50,112 in total cost (~$35,079 in sell price)
Before transforming into the Vengeful True Sun God via absorbing The Anti-Bloon and Legend of the Night, a Vengeful True Sun God's sacrifices act exactly the same as the True Sun God. See the True Sun God#Sacrifices page for details regarding the sacrificing mechanics for the pre-transformed Vengeful True Sun God.
Fully Maxed Vengeful True Sun God
|Information out of date|
This article's information is out of date. Please improve this article by adding the most current information about the subject of this page.
When given to a Vengeful True Sun God with maxed sacrifices (assuming the 2/2/2/2 formation, even though it's technically impossible to have a 2/2/2/2 VTSG, as Sun Temples only accept 3 of 4 sacrifice categories), the following occurs. Extra bonuses compared to True Sun God are in bold:
- +40 pierce to main attack.
- +100% attack speed to main attack.
- +15 damage to main attack, for a total of 65 damage for the main attack
- Adds 16 dark blades every 1.5 seconds, deals 75 damage, and has 20 pierce.
- Dark blades are split between 22.5° from each other.
- Adds a new dark glaive attack that fires every 0.5 sec. These dark glaives act like Glaive Ricochet glaives that bounce between the nearest bloons each time it moves. Dark glaives now have 90 damage and 50 pierce.
- +100% larger projectile size (caps at 100%)
- +100% projectile speed (caps at 100%)
- +30 pierce to all attacks
- Shoots two dark missiles every 1.0 seconds. Travels at infinite range and can deal up to 225 damage to up to 50 bloons.
- Second missile has increased projectile speed.
- Gains four dark Spectres that shoots darts and bombs every 0.15s. Darts deal 45 damage and have 10 pierce, while bombs deal 30 damage and have 30 pierce.
- First dark Spectre is set on Circle
- Second dark Spectre is set on Circle, but anti-clockwise.
- Third dark Spectre is set on Figure-Infinite
- Fourth dark Spectre is set on Figure-Eight.
- These function similarly to Ace Flight Paths
- Adds 12 homing magic shots every 2.0s, dealing 105 damage and have 7 pierce each.
- Gains a 40% chance to distract bloons with its main attack.
- Gains a forcefield attack every 5.0s that can knockback bloons up to Ceramic and MOAB. Affects up to 500 bloons.
- Adding additional sacrifices does not improve the forcefield attack; rather, the highest Magic sacrifice tier is used to determine the functionality of the forcefield attacks.
- Can spawn mini dark Sun Avatars every 15 seconds that deal 12 damage per shot and without any footprint. Because the mini dark Sun Avatars have a lifespan of 65 seconds, a maximum of 6 mini dark Sun Avatars can appear on the map at one time. There can not be more than 6 mini dark Sun Avatars as of version 22.0, as the spawn rate is no longer increased by attack speed.
- +10 range to base Temple
- 40% discount to all base cost and upgrades of all towers in range
- +4 damage, 40% attack speed bonus, +6 pierce, +40% range for all towers in range
- +$10000 end of round cash
- +100% more cash from bloons popped within range of the Temple
Vengeful True Sun God should be the main DPS option for reaching ultra high late-game rounds, because a maxed Vengeful True Sun God has the highest DPS on average in the entire game. It greatly benefits from every possible buff in the entire game. Besides being 2x stronger, most strategies for optimizing True Sun God can be applied to Vengeful True Sun God, with the exception that Legend of the Night is disabled.
- Put it in the center to make it use its range to pop maximum bloons.
- Like with a normal True Sun God, the optimal Vengeful God is a 2(9,9)-1(9)-2(9,9)-2(9,9) setup, with maxed Primary, Magic, and Support sacrifices, as Military sacrifices are borderline useless, and the powerful support buff granted by maxed support sacrifices applies to the Dark Sun Avatars, thus granting far more destructive power than the two extra dark Spectres of Military sacrifices, which are relatively weak.
- Again, boosting the Vengeful God with a Permanent Brew Alchemist is highly advised as it boosts the rate of the Vengeful God's various attacks.
- Do keep in mind that Dark Avatars are considered sub-towers and therefore are not able to be directly buffed by Permanent Brew.
- However, the Avatars are able to be affected by area-of-effect buffs, such as Homeland Defense's attack speed increase.
- Do keep in mind that Dark Avatars are considered sub-towers and therefore are not able to be directly buffed by Permanent Brew.
- Use Overclocks and Ultraboosts for +66% increased attack speed. Ultraboost in particular adds a +6.67% permanent attack speed buff to the VTSG that stacks up to 10 times, on top of any Overclock abilities and any other attack speed buffs.
- A tier 4 Sun Temple with support sacrifices can boost the power of the Vengeful Temple and other late game support.
- Placing a 3xx Super Monkey on water using a x3x Arctic Wind Ice Monkey can increase the tower's attack speed. Upgrading the Super Monkey to a 4xx turns it into a water tower, as it sacrifices the ice monkey and it continues to sit on the water. Because it becomes a water tower, it gets the passive attack speed buff from Carrier Flagship and Admiral Brickell's level 3 ability.
- The 5-2-0 crosspath allows its powerful beam attacks to be utilized more often, due to bloons being within range more oftenly, and the Support Sacrifices benefits can extend across a wider range. 5-0-2 can be useful for bonus knockback because of the incredible pierce of the Vengeful True Sun God, but 5-2-0 compensates for the lack of added knockback by combatting BADs better, while other towers can handle the DDTs in other ways.
- While it can easily solo to round 100 with no problem, it is incapable of popping Golden Bloons. Any attempt to have it pop the Golden Bloon will result in the Golden Bloon jumping to the end rapidly due to the invulnerability when the Golden Bloon gets hit.
- Because a Vengeful True Sun God requires a complex set of sacrifices, it takes a minimum of 10 different towers (1 from the Super itself, 3 from first sacrifice, 4 from second sacrifice, 2 from the AB and LoTN sacrifice) to get a VTSG. It also takes a minimum of 4 different tower types to make a VTSG, assuming other Super Monkeys are used in the formula for sacrificing. And finally, when taking into account max towers on screen, it takes a minimum of 7 towers on screen at once to be able to make a VTSG.
- Having a Vengeful True Sun God is highly recommended when combatting Elite Boss Bloons, due to their high HP that no other tower can whittle down.
When upgrading to True Sun God:
- [Godlike sound, constructing and finalizing]
When transforming to Vengeful True Sun God:
- [Transforming, bat screeching and robotic voice]
- It is known among the community as 5-5-5 Super Monkey, due to the fact that when existing, neither Anti-Bloon or Legend of the Night can be bought. However, it does not share their abilities, but rather, doubles the strength of its attacks.
- Even in co-op games that allow for multiple Tier 5 towers as long as they are from different players, only one Vengeful Monkey can be created at a time.
- Even though it is not possible to use Vengeful True Sun God in Sandbox Mode, it is possible to "test" an Vengeful True Sun God on Challenge Editor.
- If created with Adora in its range, Adora will also undergo a transformation and turn into colors matching that of the Vengeful Monkey, and gain a powerful strength boost.
- The design of the Vengeful Monkey temple may be based on the other 5th tiers of the Super Monkey; the red eyes and metallic body come from the Anti-Bloon, and the dark color tone comes from the Legend of The Night.
- The mini Dark Sun Avatar artwork actually smiles instead of making a tilted frown.
- In the sprite files of the game, it says that it is a 5-5-5 True Sun God. Every texture that involves the Vengeful Avatar is indicated as "TrueSunGod555" as the normal True Sun God is called "TrueSunGod5xx"
- Its projectiles sprites are also said to be "555", while the normal True Sun God sprites are not.
- Prior to Version 14.0, the Vengeful True Sun God's mini Dark Sun Avatars would deal just over 50× more damage than a normal mini Sun Avatar (specifically from 1 damage per shot to 51 damage per shot). Rohan stated that this was a bug, and this unusual damage buff was replaced by a much weaker damage buff since Version 14.0.
- The Vengeful True Sun God seems to be a successor to the Temple of the Vengeful Monkey From Bloons TD 5.
- Even though Version 19.0 added a separate money counter for almost all towers, it has not been yet implemented for Lead to Gold, Rubber to Gold, Monkey Town (and by extent Monkey City), Pirate Lord, Support Chinook (and by extent Special Poperations), and Jungle's Bounty. It has yet to be fully implemented for Spirit of the Forest (ability only), and Sun Temple and True Sun God / Vengeful True Sun God with Support sacrifices.
- Specifically, the income-per-pop part is not yet implemented, but the end-of-round cash has, however.
- One of the unofficial names "Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey" is coined in reference to the BMC variant.
- In the July 16th Ninja Kiwi Blog it has been confirmed that the MK "There can only be one" will not change when the Super Monkey Paragon is released.
- The only similarity between VTSG and Paragons is having 2 Tier 5s sacrificed when creating it, however there are far more differences.
- According to the "What's Up At Ninja Kiwi?" blog, specifically on the 16th July 2021 edition, the official name for the VTSG is "Frankie Fitzgerald".
- According to NK's October 8th 2021 blog, Ninja Kiwi states that VTSG may be a completely separate entity.