| This user account is a bot operated by Spike144 (talk).
It is a legitimate alternative account, used to make repetitive automated or semi-automated edits that would be extremely tedious to do manually.
Administrators: If this bot is malfunctioning or causing harm, please block it.
|This user is a Bot and is here to help.|
|This account uses AutoWikiBrowser to edit Bloons Wiki pages.|
What is a bot and what is it good for?Edit
- While "human" editing is effective when we need to do complex changes on a few pages, a bot (an automated or a semi-automated process) is effective when we need to do mass edits (simple changes but on many pages).
What exactly does BloonsBOT do?Edit
- It is used for one-time tasks, when for example a specific category is needed to be added on many pages, or replaced by a different category, or removed completely from all pages.
- It is also run approximately once per month or two to fix incorrect coding and common formatting mistakes. These issue are mainly done by people who have low Wikitext knowledge, and/or who use VisualEditor.
How can I "use" BloonsBOT?Edit
- If you think a simple edit is needed to do on many pages, you can post your suggestion on the Requests thread.
Can BloonsBOT be used on a different wiki?Edit
- Yes, it is possible. If you want to perform some bot edits on your wiki, you can contact Spike144 to discuss details of what you need. You must also contact Fandom staff and ask them to flag BloonsBOT as a bot on your wiki. See Help:Bots#How can I flag an account as a bot? for details.
- Remember that bots don't do what you want them to do but what you ask them to do, so a correct functioning is based on your correct instructions. The responsibility is always on you, so be exact and correct in what you need.
Can I have my own bot on my wiki?Edit
- Yes. You must have a bot software and a bot account. See Help:Bots for details.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.