|“||Gigantic spiked ball splits twice into 6 Juggernaut balls for even more destructive power.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Ultra-Juggernaut is the fifth-tier Path 1 upgrade for the Dart Monkey in Bloons TD 6. It replaces the Dart Monkey's normal Juggernaut with a massive black catapult holding a large orange-red and gray spiked ball. It is unlocked with 22,000 XP. The damage dealt to regular bloons is quadrupled with this upgrade to 4 (quadrupled to 12 for Ceramics), and its pierce is now 200. The 6 smaller spiked balls that emerge are regular Juggernaut balls and therefore still deal only 1 damage to bloons.
The Ultra-Juggernaut works similarly to the normal Juggernaut. However, unlike the normal Juggernaut, the Ultra-Juggernaut's projectiles split into 6 normal Juggernaut balls twice, and its projectiles can rehit the same target multiple times. It can instantly pop Ceramic Bloons' shell, leaving 4 Black Bloons and 4 White Bloons. This makes it extremely effective against Ceramic Bloons, bloons that are left behind from MOABs and DDTs, and huge Ceramic Bloon charges on rounds 55, 63, 76, and 78.
It costs $12,750 on Easy, $15,000 on Medium, $16,200 on Hard, and $18,000 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Ultra-Juggernaut has an unusual niche that allows it to become insanely strong on maps with lots of Line of Sight obstacles. Due to its unique mechanics of rehitting bloons more than once upon bouncing off obstacles, the combined extra damage to Ceramics and overall high damage to other bloons allows an Ultra-Juggernaut to deal serious damage against many grouped bloons within the same location. This is where the presence of many obstacles on the map becomes extremely helpful. Pair an Ultra-Juggernaut with supports from Primary Training, Overclock, and Stronger Stimulant for the best results.
There are a number of maps where it is very recommended to be used on, including:
Tips[edit | edit source]
- For a fifth-tier upgrade, the Ultra-Juggernaut is relatively cheap. Using Banana Farms and Merchantmen, the money needed for Ultra-Juggernaut can easily be acquired, and possibly even early in the game.
- Use Jungle Drums to increase the attack speed of Ultra-Juggernaut.
- Ultra-Juggernaut becomes much more potent against MOAB-Class Bloons with the Force vs Force Monkey Knowledge upgrade.
- The Ultra-Juggernaut will do 3 damage per shot instead of 1 damage per shot against MOAB-Class Bloons. The Juggernaut balls, along with the Ultra-Juggernaut ball, can potentially do up to 21 damage if they split directly on top of MOAB-Class Bloons.
- It is better to get the Path 2 upgrades than the Path 3 upgrades as the speed upgrades makes it shoot much faster unless you want to defend against Camo Bloons, although a Radar Scanner can solve the problem unless Monkey Villages are restricted, such as in a Daily Challenge or in Primary Only.
- The Ultra-Juggernaut will tend to struggle against the Super Ceramics after round 80. At this point, it is recommended to use other upgrades like The Bloon Solver or Crossbow Master to deal better work against Ceramics.
- Ultra-Juggernaut is extremely powerful for its relatively low cost on maps where there are many obstacles, such as Moon Landing or Cornfield, especially when combined with buffs such as a 3-2-0 Primary Training, an Overclock, and a 4-x-x Stronger Stimulant. In fact, unlike most towers, it struggles on maps where there are few or no obstacles.
Update History[edit | edit source]
Base damage increased from 3 -> 4
Ceramic damage increased from 9 -> 12
Projectiles can now hit the same target multiple times.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Dart Monkey now fires the catapult with a lever on a remote control rather than with its arms.
- This is the only tier 5 upgrade that has a fully naked monkey.
- Ultra-Juggernaut is one of the few Tier 5 upgrades that can be afforded on normal Deflation Mode, the others being Elite Defender and Super Maelstrom.
- Ultra-Juggernaut has been used in the 2 MegaPops challenge on Hedge, Moon Landing and Cornfield, which are its best maps.
- Since the ball is now centered on the catapult, Ultra-Juggernaut actually changes the position that the projectile is shot from, relative to the tower, by a slight amount. This can improve the accuracy of the tower if it was placed in a position that causes a regular juggernaut to accidentally fire straight into an obstacle.
- 5-0-2 Ultra-Juggernaut is actually cheaper than a 2-0-3 Dark Knight without discounts.