|“||Turbo Charge ability: Makes this Monkey attack incredibly fast for 10 seconds.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Turbo Charge is the fourth upgrade of Path 2 for the Boomerang Monkey in BTD6. It comes with an ability that allows it to attack 7x faster than normal and deal +1 damage for 10 seconds, with a cooldown of 45 seconds. While the ability is active, it shoots every 0.0337s. All its boomerangs will always deals +1 damage to MOAB-class compared to the base tower, as it inherits properties from Bionic Boomerang.
Turbo Charge is a great option for dealing insane damage against tougher mid-game rounds, specifically rounds with moderate bloon density or if there are strong MOAB-class bloons. When along a location with good curves, a single use of the Turbo Charge ability can make quick work off various difficult rounds, especially when paired with the Glaives crosspath for the extra attack speed and pierce. Correct ability timing is necessary though, as it becomes weak again once the ability ends.
To fully maximize its potential, besides good placement, support it with backup defense while its ability is under cooldown, especially towers designed for countering grouped bloons. Because the Turbo Charge already comes with +1 MOAB-class damage and the ability grants +1 damage while the ability is active, even one activated Turbo Charge is capable of soloing up to BFBs while the ability is active, but it struggles heavily versus densely grouped bloons such as Round 63. Turbo Charge benefits well from the benefits of Primary Mentoring, most particularly the reduced ability cooldowns, and is worth adding Radar Scanner for camo detection. A really good hero to pair with is Gwendolin, as her abilities provide both effective grouped bloon damage and damage versus earlier Camo Bloon rounds.
- Usually, 2-4-0 is better than 0-4-2 because the Glaives upgrade grants extra attack speed over +1 damage and remaining at a small pierce. There are some cases where 0-4-2 is more favorable, specifically versus single-target bloons such as the Round 100 BAD, and also on certain maps such as Workshop and Geared where the bonus range can make a bigger difference.
- Like Bionic Boomerang, place Turbo Charge around a good curve, in order to maximize its many fast-shooting boomerangs.
- Pair a Turbo Charge with good grouped bloon damage, such as Gwendolin (with her abilities) and 2-0-4 Recursive Cluster. In this way, Turbo Charge will have a much easier time handling with more powerful bloons, as well as giving it backup while the ability is under cooldown.
- Try getting the Monkey Knowledge "Long Turbo" to make its ability last 5 seconds longer, from 10 seconds to 15 seconds.
Extra Notes (Version History)
- The interpretation of the 26.0 base Boomerang buffs was different among the community. Other experts believed that the Bionic Boomerang (and subsequently later upgrades) was unaffected by the 26.0 rework, while Bloons Wiki interpreted this as an inherited buff. This was later proven in favor of the other experts with the 27.0 Bionic Boomerang buff, which is actually a bug fix listed as a balance change.
When activated Turbo Charge Ability:
- Turbo Charge is one of the few upgrades returning from BTD5 that were formerly visually the same as the preceding upgrades, the others being Super Range, Call to Arms, Long Life Bananas, and Valuable Bananas.