|“||A very, very large bomb. Someone put a stop to craziness!||”|
Tsar Bomba is the final upgrade of Path 2 for the Monkey Ace in BTD6. It grants the upgraded Monkey Ace with an improved version of the Ground Zero ability. The improved Tsar Bomba ability creates a much more damaging explosion that does 3000 damage that also stuns all surviving Bloons excluding the B.A.D. (which can't be stunned at all) for 8.2 seconds. Cooldown for the Tsar Bomba is 40 seconds upon activation, 5 seconds less compared to Ground Zero.
In addition to an improved ability, Tsar Bomba regular bomb attacks now can pop any bloon type, making them decent choices at beating all bloon types, including DDTs.
It costs $29,750 on Easy, $35,000 on Medium, $37,800 on Hard and $42,000 on Impoppable.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
The Tsar Bomba can be used to clear hyperdense clumps of MOABs, BFBs or even superceramics (including Fortified) especially in Round 94, 96 and 98. It can also destroy Round 99, as it pops Fortified DDTs instantly, and can act as an emergency button in earlier late game. However, it has many things holding it back. Firstly, Ground Zero is usually sufficient to combat these hyperdense rounds, and deal enough damage to the bloon crowd already, while 2 Ground Zeros also eliminate Round 95 effectively. Otherwise, general damage towers such as Avatar of Wrath already dominate the current meta, and rarely does the Tsar Bomba come in helpful to them.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Delay using it as much as possible to ensure as many bloons are hit by its ability.
- Also keep in mind, the ability itself has a 1.5-second delay when deploying.
- The Tsar Bomba deals with whole rounds by instantly killing almost all bloons in a single click, so if your strategy seems to have a few unpassable rounds that are far enough for the Tsar Bomba to clear each of them, you may consider using the Tsar Bomba on those rounds.
Version History[edit | edit source]
Now correctly applies stun art.
Tsar Bomba bombs now pop any bloon type
Tsar Bomba ability cooldown decreased (45s --> 40s)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The upgrade's name is a reference to the Soviet Union nuclear bomb Tsar Bomba, the most powerful explosive weapon ever detonated.
- The Tsar Bomba ability icon is the same icon as the artwork of the upgrade.
- The plane for the Tsar Bomba most likely appears to be the Tupolev Tu-95.
- This BBC news coverage about the Tsar Bomba explosion has more information about the plane that dropped the real-life Tsar Bomba.
- There is a possible bug during the time when the Tsar Bomba ability was buffed where purchasing any crosspath decreases cooldown by 5 seconds. Therefore, with any Tier 2 crosspath, its ability cooldown is decreased to 30 seconds.