|“||A very, very large bomb. Someone put a stop to craziness!||”|
Tsar Bomba is the final upgrade of Path 2 for the Monkey Ace in BTD6. It grants the upgraded Monkey Ace with an improved version of the Ground Zero ability. The improved Tsar Bomba ability creates a much more damaging explosion that does 3,000 damage to up to 5000 bloons closest to the center of the explosion, additionally stunning all damaged Bloons excluding the BAD (which can't be stunned at all) for 8.2 seconds. Cooldown for the Tsar Bomba is 35 seconds upon activation, 10 seconds less compared to Ground Zero.
In addition to an improved ability, Tsar Bomba regular bomb attacks now can pop any bloon type, making them decent choices at beating all bloon types, including DDTs.
It costs $29,750 on Easy, $35,000 on Medium, $37,800 on Hard and $42,000 on Impoppable.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
The Tsar Bomba can be used to clear hyperdense clumps of MOABs, BFBs, and Super Ceramics, including their Fortified variants, in just a single ability use, especially during Round 94, 96 and 98. One use of the ability can also destroy Round 99, as it pops Fortified DDTs instantly, and can act as an emergency button in earlier late game. However, it has many things holding it back. Firstly, multiple Ground Zeroes are usually sufficient to combat most hyperdense rounds for less cost, with exception of Fortified BFBs, while 2 Ground Zeroes outclass Tsar Bomba at eliminating Round 95 effectively. Otherwise, general damage towers such as Avatar of Wrath or Apache Prime already dominate the current meta. Tsar Bomba' stun is useful for stalling down surviving ZOMGs, but besides high-scale crowd control, Tsar Bomba usually remains limited to custom challenges such as 2TC or 2MPC.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Delay using it as much as possible to ensure as many bloons are hit by its ability.
- Also keep in mind, the ability itself has a 0.7-second delay when deploying.
- However, since the ability now has limited pierce, it might be better to use the ability slightly earlier on waves with a lot of bloons as the bomb damages the bloons near to the middle of the screen to prevent leaks. Fortunately, since its ability has an arbitrarily high pierce, reaching the pierce cap of the ability shouldn't matter anywhere except on Race Events.
- The Tsar Bomba deals with whole rounds by instantly killing almost all bloons in a single click, so if your strategy seems to have a few unpassable rounds that are far enough for the Tsar Bomba to clear each of them, you may consider using the Tsar Bomba on those rounds.
- Like Ground Zero, use the 1-5-0 Tsar Bomba rather than the 0-5-1 for its main attacks, although 0-5-0 Tsar Bomba is sufficient because the main point of Tsar Bomba is for its ability. Path 2 crosspaths make hardly any difference for the tower.
Version History[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The upgrade's name is a reference to the Soviet Union nuclear bomb Tsar Bomba, the most powerful explosive weapon ever detonated.
- The Tsar Bomba ability icon is the same icon as the artwork of the upgrade.
- The plane for the Tsar Bomba most likely appears to be the Tupolev Tu-95.
- This BBC news coverage about the Tsar Bomba explosion has more information about the plane that dropped the real-life Tsar Bomba.
- There was a bug during Version 21.0, the update when the Tsar Bomba ability received a slightly reduced ability cooldown, where purchasing any crosspath decreased cooldown by 5 seconds. Therefore, with any Tier 2 crosspath, its ability cooldown was decreased to 30 seconds. This was fixed in Version 22.0.
- Several 2TC combos with Tsar Bomba were possible before that bug was fixed, mostly because Tsar Bomba could deal enough damage to take down the BAD when paired with another suitable anti-MOAB damage tower.
- The first 2TCC (2 Towers Co-Op CHIMPS) with two of the same tower belongs to Tsar Bomba + Tsar Bomba. This does not count as 2TC (2 Towers CHIMPS), as Monkey Ace is not affordable at Round 6 on CHIMPS Mode, so Co-Op Mode starting cash was required to make this combo work. Link.