|“||Transformation ability: Turns Alchemist into powerful [sic] attack Monster for 20 seconds.||”|
Transforming Tonic is the fourth upgrade of Path 2 for the Alchemist. It allows the Alchemist to transform into a vicious monster for 20 seconds, temporarily replacing its main attacks with rapidly shooting blue fiery projectiles from its eyes. The super-powered blue plasma lasers are fired at a rate of ~33.3 times per second, deal 2 damage to up to 6 bloons per plasma laser, and can pop any bloon type except Purple Bloons. Unfortunately, similar to most Alchemists, camo detection is required to allow popping of Camo Bloons. Lasers cannot pass through Line of Sight, even though its other attacks can. Cooldown for Transforming Tonic is 60 seconds (1/3 uptime).
It costs $3825 on Easy, $4500 on Medium, $4860 on Hard and $5400 on Impoppable.
With this upgrade, the Alchemist changes quite visually. The Alchemist's coat becomes unbuttoned and ripped, the Alchemist places his goggles onto his forehead and a slightly crazed look can be seen in his eyes. However, the purple stain in his hair is removed.
When the ability is active, the Alchemist transforms into a blue-and-magenta monster, firing blue lasers from its eyes.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Transforming Tonic gives the Alchemist with the needed high DPS that it generally lacks, although limited to the ability. Whenever high DPS is necessary, one use of the ability will create quite high damage overall, with an equivalent overall popping power of two Plasma Blasts Super Monkeys with double pierce. The overall price of Transforming Tonic is highly expensive, but it's a cheap option when upgrading from an existing Unstable Concoction Alchemist.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Note that once Transforming Tonic ability is activated, the Unstable Concoction bottles and the Alchemist's basic attacks are voided until the ability wears off.
- It is worth noting that Transforming Tonic will NOT ignore Line of Sight, meaning that obstacles that may normally not block the Alchemist will now block its firey lasers when in Alchemist Monster form, even if the Alchemist Monster can detect bloons through such obstacles.
- Do not use this against Purple Bloons without support.
Version History[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This upgrade could potentially be a reference to the popular novel "Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde", where a chemist by the name of Dr Jekyll brews a concoction that transforms him into a monster (Mr Hyde).
- The description for Transforming Tonic is erroneously missing the word "a" between "into" and "powerful attack Monster", making the current description of the upgrade grammatically awkward.
- The monster design resembles Pop Fizz from the video game Skylanders. Pop Fizz is a gremlin alchemist and is one of many Magic Skylanders.
- Some players colloquially name the Transforming Tonic as "Cookie Monster", even though it bears little resemblance to the Cookie Monster, physically or behaviorally.