|“||Generates more cash per round, increases cash earned by up to 20 other Merchantmen by the number of Merchantmen, and boosts all Merchantmen damage.||”|
Trade Empire is the final upgrade of Path 3 for the Monkey Buccaneer in Bloons TD 6. It gives even more cash per round, along with increasing cash earned by all other Merchantmen and Favored Trades by the number of Merchantmen, Favored Trades and Trade Empires. Additionally, all Upper Path 3 Buccaneers (Merchantmen, Favored Trades and Trade Empires) gain +1 damage to all attacks and +1 damage to Ceramics and MOABs on top.
It costs $23,000 on Meidum.
As a final upgrade, Trade Empire is relatively weak in its execution, gaining only $300 more for the Buccaneer himself at the end of the round, producing $800 (or $820 with the Trade Agreement Monkey Knowledge) without any new perks such as the increase in sell return when sold within the radius in the Buccaneer, though that ability is carried over from the prior upgrade.
What justifies its placement as a Tier 5 upgrade is its interactions with other Merchantmen and Favored Trades that are actively on the field, allowing each to gain an extra $20 for every single Merchantmen, Favored Trades and Trade Empire. There is a limitation to this however, in that 20 of the above three towers maximize the potency of the upgrade, with subsequent Merchantmen and Favored Trades not increasing the gains of other Path 3 Buccaneers further nor gaining the boost in income at the end of the round. On top of this, the Trade Empire can only count as a stack to the total Path 3 Buccaneers, but does not benefit from the increase in income at the end of the round.
Such a series of interactions allows for Merchantmen to gain up to a maximum of $600 at a time, or Favored Trades to surpass the $800 of the Trade Empire itself, with $900 at the end of the round. Thus, the lowest income at the end of the round is achieved by 19 Merchantmen and one Trade Empire at a hefty $12,200, optimized to its greatest potential with 19 Favored Trades, 1 Trade Empire and Trade Agreement for a whopping $18,300.
Though the maps that both allow for Buccaneers at all and enough water space for 20 instances at a time limit its usage to maps like Cubism, Spice Islands and Off the Coast, it can allow for one of the easiest offhand economy generators that also provides a considerable amount of offense with options of Grape Shot and default Camo detection.
- Trade Empire attack rate for all attacks is doubled.
- Trade Empire increases the damage of all Merchantmen by +1
- Trade Empire adds a Ceramic/MOAB damage bonus to Merchantmen +1
- Now rotates when it attacks
- Similar to the further Path 1 Upgrades, the flag on the top of the ship indicates its Path 2 upgrades with its coloration.
- Trade Empire bonuses granted to Merchantmen stack only up to 20 Merchantmen/Favored Trades. This was not clearly written in the description until Version 6.0, though before then Ninja Kiwi did state that the income bonus limit was definitely not a bug.
- The original description was "Generates more cash per round. Increases cash earned by all other Merchantmen by the number of Merchantmen."
- Before Version 16.0, the description for Trade Empire was "Generates more cash per round. Increases cash earned by up to 20 other Merchantmen by the number of Merchantmen." but had been changed to include its new buff.
- Version 18.0 changed the description for Trade Empire once again, but this time only with a change of a full stop into a comma and the word "increases" is lowercased instead of titlecased.