Tier 5 Upgrades are special upgrades in BTD6. Unlike most upgrade tiers, only one Tier 5 upgrade per path per tower can only be bought once per game per player (with the exception of the Crossbow Master if the Monkey Knowledge "Master Double Cross" is purchased and active). Tier 5 upgrades are generally similar to their Tier 4 upgrade, but significantly more powerful and often having a special functionality unique to them. If the Tier 4 upgrade had an activated ability, the Tier 5 upgrade will typically have an improved version of it, and sometimes that is the only noticeable difference from Tier 4. The upgrade portraits and upgrade icons for each Tier 5 upgrade are hidden behind a golden lock until they are unlocked through gaining enough Experience Points for any tower and purchasing them.
All Tier 5 Upgrades
There are 22 towers in the game, each with three unique Tier 5 upgrades. Therefore, there are currently 66 Tier 5 upgrades in total in BTD6. All of these Tier 5 upgrades can be found for each of the towers in the game.
Note: These tables do not include special towers in the game called Paragons, to avoid spoilers until the page itself is clicked on. Plus, Paragons are on a tier beyond Tier 5, technically a Tier 6.
FIRST RELEASED: Initial Release
|Description: Deploy a tier 5 monkey tower|
- Before Version 2.0, there was a bug where Support Chinook could be used to duplicate moveable Tier 5 towers by manipulating the Lock and Drop setting, as featured in several old BTD6 videos.
- When a Tier 5 upgrade is locked, in most occasions being due to maxing out in numbers of a specific Tier 5 tower, the upgrade description for the locked Tier 5 will be blank instead of giving a valid description of why the upgrade is locked.
- This has not been patched yet, although from version 4.0 the description for Monkeyopolis says "Requires Banana Farm" if Monkeyopolis has not been bought yet and there are no Banana Farms (excluding Tier 5 ones) next to the Village.
- Occasionally, the Monkey Knowledge "Master Double Cross" can cause a bug where the second Crossbow Master is not able to be purchased.
- The in-game appearance of Tier 5 towers generally does not change if the tower is crosspathed, but with a few exceptions:
- Glaive Lord's glaives change their color when crosspathed with Red Hot Rangs, which turns its glaives into red-orange glaive.
- MOAB Domination's kylie boomerang has sharpened metal edge when crosspathed with Glaives.
- Energizer receives twin guns when crosspathed with Twin Guns.
- Pre-Emptive Strike adds another gun when crosspathed with Twin Guns.
- Special Poperations adds another two guns when crosspathed with Quad Darts.
- True Sun God gains a red carpet on the temple stairs when crosspathed with Super Range (Epic Range is not needed).
- Legend of the Night's blades change color if crosspathed with Laser Blasts and Plasma Blasts, to reflect the tower's new projectiles.
- Total Transformation's potion change when crosspathed with Larger Potions and Acidic Mixture Dip.
- Bloon Master Alchemist's potion change when given any crosspath.
- Banana Central's banana color change to green when crosspathed with Long Life Bananas.
- Some of the Tier 5 upgrades have very basic names, often containing words like "Super" and "Master."
- There are five Tier 5 upgrades that start with "super". Ironically, none of them come from Super Monkeys.
- There are four Tier 5 upgrades that contain the word "master". Only three of them contain just the word "Master" not within another word.
- The descriptions for some Tier 5 upgrades do not directly refer to what has been improved about the tower, instead alluding to how powerful the upgrade is. For example, the upgrade description for Sky Shredder reads "The bloons will wish they had never come."
- Earning all Insta-monkeys of a single tower type including all upgrade combinations of Tier 5 towers will reward a special black border around the tower.