|“||Many, many tacks.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
The Tack Zone is the fifth-tier Path 3 upgrade for the Tack Shooter in Bloons TD 6. It changes the top of the Tack Shooter to feature a red skull icon, and adds another layer of tack barrels, making the Tack Shooter significantly taller.
This upgrade makes the Tack Shooter shoot 32 tacks per volley, going hand-in-hand with the upgrade's description, "Many, many tacks." It also doubles the tower's range and increases attack speed substantially, and allows poppage of all bloon types, including Lead Bloons. The towers pierce increases to 9 per tack. However, like most Tack Shooter upgrades, it still cannot detect Camo Bloons without support.
It costs $17,000 on Easy, $20,000 on Medium, $21,600 on Hard, $24,000 on Impoppable.
- 2-0-5 Tack Zone is far superior over a 0-2-5 Tack Zone, as the attack speed bonus is far more useful for taking down bloons faster than adding just slightly extra range. Additionally, the extra range is redundant because The Tack Zone already comes with a rather decent range.
- It is highly worth combining The Tack Zone with Overclock for regular massive attack speed bonuses. Combining with Primary Training and Stronger Stimulant are also excellent buffs to add to The Tack Zone.
- When a 2-0-5 Tack Zone is buffed with just Stronger Stimulant, it attacks almost as fast as it can use up all the buffs for its duration. This combo attacks allows The Tack Zone to attack approximately every 0.1004s, barely enough to use up all 50 shots for the 5-second brew cooldown.
- The Tack Zone attack speed increased; attack speed bonus percentages are the same, but with new base Tack Shooter attack speed.
- The Tack Zone attack speed increased by 50% (stacks from Overdrive).
- There used to be a glitch where range bonuses do not cause the tacks from The Tack Zone to last longer. This has been since fixed as of Version 2.0.
- As of Version 12.0, Overdrive attacks faster than The Tack Zone without the Version 12.0 Overdrive buff.