|“||Bloons a problem? Here's the solution.||”|
|~ BTD6 Description|
The Bloon Solver is the final upgrade of Path 1 for the Glue Gunner in BTD6. It further improves the liquefying glue to dissolve glued Ceramic and MOAB-class Bloons three times as fast as the Bloon Liquefier, damaging them at a rate of 3 damage per 0.1s. It also allows the Glue Gunner to fire 4x faster, along with gaining a powerful double Glue Splatter that allows each glue projectile to hit up to 6 bloons each, 7 bloons with Bigger Globs, 11 with Glue Splatter. The glue projectiles are aligned relatively close to each other with little angular deviation, similarly to the Monkey Buccaneer's Double Shot upgrade, except these glue projectiles splat on impact with any visible bloon.
It costs $18,700 on Easy, $22,000 on Medium, $23,760 on Hard, and $26,400 on Impoppable.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
The introduction of The Biggest One has meant that The Bloon Solver is now largely outclassed by it. They serve extremely similar roles, excelling at clearing ceramics, especially notable at the superceramic level. The largest edges The Bloon Solver has over The Biggest One is its slightly cheaper price, approximately $3,000-$4,000 cheaper in hard prices, and the other being its reliable slowdown.
It still remains a decent choice against superceramics but most players will find The Biggest One more effective for various reasons, including having a better Tier 4 upgrade, having optional controllability, and having enough pierce to resist large ceramic rushes. In addition, the popular blimp-slowing MOAB Glue upgrade becomes ineffective in combination with The Bloon Solver, while with The Biggest One it doesn't render MOAB Glue effects useless.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The 5-0-2 Bloon Solver crosspath is usually preferred due to its glue lasting longer while also having more slowing power versus Ceramics (especially Super Ceramics).
- If using a strategy that tends to release a lot of superceramics, the 5-2-0 Bloon Solver may be better due to its ability to catch all the ceramics. These strategies usually involve Unstable Concoction or Admiral Brickell Mega Mines.
- Adding a Primary Training Village to buff the pierce of The Bloon Solver can be used to help fix this issue.
- Pairing with Berserker Brew or Stronger Stimulant is more beneficial for a 5-0-2 Bloon Solver, as the pierce buffs become far more significant for such a Bloon Solver crosspath.
- 5-0-2 Bloon Solver is a lot cheaper than a 5-2-0 The Biggest One, with a cost difference of $8305 on Medium Difficulty. However, The Biggest One's previous upgrade is more reliable while trying to afford it, compared to that for The Bloon Solver's previous upgrade Bloon Liquefier.
- Mixing with other Glue Gunners is not a good idea, specifically not Glue Storm or MOAB Glue, as it renders other glues useless.
Update History[edit | edit source]
Deals more damage to Ceramics and MOAB-class (2 → 3; essentially 3x faster than Bloon Liquefier's damage rate)
- Bloon Solver now fires 2 projectiles per attack
- 5xx Bloon Solver total pierce per projectile reduced (12 → 6)
- 510 Bloon Solver total pierce per projectile reduced (13 → 7)
- 520 Bloon Solver total pierce per projectile reduced (16 → 11)
- Bloon Solver costs less ($24,000 → $22,000)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- One of the few ways to buff the damage of the corrosive damage is to use damage debuffs from Cripple MOAB or Embrittlement.
- Contrary to popular belief, The Bloon Solver actually corrodes bloons below Ceramic at the same rate as Bloon Liquefier.
- The double Glue Splatter is actually two projectiles with very small angular deviation, in a way more like the Ninja Monkey's Double Shot upgrade rather than the Monkey Buccaneer's Double Shot upgrade, although in practice it can be compared to latter upgrade.