|“||Bloons a problem? Here's the solution.||”|
|~ In-game description|
The Bloon Solver is the final upgrade of Path 1 for the Glue Gunner in Bloons TD 6. It improves the liquefying glue to deal 4x damage against Ceramics and 6x damage against MOAB-class bloons, damaging them at a rate of 4 damage per 0.1s and 6 damage per 0.1s, respectively. In addition, The Bloon Solver attacks 4x faster along with gaining a powerful double Glue Splatter projectile that allows both glue splashes to hit up to 6 bloons each. Each shot produces two splatters split by a very small angular distance between. The Bloon Solver is the fastest-attacking Glue Gunner, firing each attack every 0.25s.
Outside of increased damage against MOAB Class Bloons & Ceramic shells, its glue acts identically to its predecessor on other bloons.
The Bloon Solver wears a green protective suit throughout the monkey's entire body, carries an enclosed metallic-coated container, and holds a much more advanced glue gun. The glue gun has thin green windows on the nozzle. The monkey wears grey footwear, and the gas mask remains similar to Bloon Liquefier.
On the upgrade portrait, the monkey holds up the glue gun, with a visible green vapor of what is implied to be the toxic pungency of the glue.
The Bloon Solver technically upgrades the glue from a Level 4 glue to a Level 6 glue, allowing it to override MOAB Glue's Pink Glue, but can be replaced by Super Glue's Pink Glue. Bloons affected by Bloon Solver are inflicted with 1 damage every 0.1 seconds for the duration of the glue, 4 damage every 0.1s for Ceramics, and 6 damage every 0.1 seconds for MOAB-class. MOAB-class bloons receive half the duration.
Bloon Solver targets bloons using the standard targeting priorities. It shoots straight movement projectiles.
- First: Targets the first bloon visible within its range.
- Last: Targets the last bloon visible within its range.
- Close: Targets the closest bloon visible within its range.
- Strong: Targets the strongest bloon visible within its range.
- Updated as of Version 32.0. Listed prices exclude external buffs, any sacrifices, and Monkey Knowledge.
The introduction of The Biggest One has meant that The Bloon Solver is now largely outclassed by it. They serve extremely similar roles, excelling at clearing ceramics, especially notable at the superceramic level. The largest edges The Bloon Solver has over The Biggest One is its slightly cheaper price, approximately $8,000-$9,000 cheaper in Hard Mode prices (~$32,795 for 5-0-0 The Bloon Solver, compared to ~$41,310 for 5-0-0 The Biggest One), and the other being its reliable slowdown.
It still remains a decent choice against superceramics but most players will find The Biggest One more effective for various reasons, including having a better Tier 4 upgrade, having optional controllability, sufficiently high pierce to withstand large rushes of Ceramics, and gaining significant boosts in power through buffs. In addition, bottom path glue MOAB-class slowdown requires Relentless Glue and to not have the Corrosive Glue or Super Glue upgrades to work well with the Bloon Solver, making blimps have both the slowdown and damage over time on them (as long as the Bloon Solver applies glue first). This also means that mixing glues with The Bloon Solver is unreliable and quite finicky, whereas using The Biggest One can be combined with regular MOAB Glue without causing an unwanted dissynergy.
- The 5-0-2 Bloon Solver crosspath is usually preferred due to its glue lasting longer while also having more slowing power versus Ceramics (especially Super Ceramics).
- If using a strategy that tends to release a lot of superceramics, the 5-2-0 Bloon Solver may be better due to its ability to catch all the ceramics. These strategies usually involve Unstable Concoction or Admiral Brickell Mega Mines. However, giving The Bloon Solver with much more pierce over longer-lasting slower glue is normally impractical due to The Bloon Solver's incredible attack speed.
- Adding a Primary Training Village to buff the pierce of The Bloon Solver can be used to help fix this issue.
- Pairing with Berserker Brew or Stronger Stimulant is more beneficial for a 5-0-2 Bloon Solver, as the pierce buffs become far more significant for such a Bloon Solver crosspath.
- 5-0-2 Bloon Solver is a lot cheaper than a 5-2-0 The Biggest One, with a cost difference of $8,305 on Medium Difficulty. However, The Biggest One's previous upgrade is more reliable while trying to afford it, compared to that for The Bloon Solver's previous upgrade Bloon Liquefier.
- Mixing with other Glue Gunners is not a good idea, specifically Glue Storm or MOAB Glue, as it renders other glues useless. Relentless Glue, however, appears to have a decent but quirky synergy with glue from The Bloon Solver.
- Because the glue applies a DoT with very fast ticking, it greatly benefits from debuffs like Embrittlement and Cripple MOAB, where the bonus damage will apply to every tick.
- One of the few ways to buff the damage of the corrosive damage is to use damage debuffs from Cripple MOAB or Embrittlement.
- Contrary to popular belief, The Bloon Solver actually corrodes bloons below Ceramic at the same rate as Bloon Liquefier.
- The double Glue Splatter is actually two projectiles with very small angular deviation, in a way more like the Ninja Monkey's Double Shot upgrade rather than the Monkey Buccaneer's Double Shot upgrade, although in practice it can be compared to latter upgrade.
- The Bloon Solver's double Glue Splatter could be a small nod to the BTD5 Mobile unintended interaction with Monkey Fort and Glue Splatter whereby Glue Splatters would pierce through if the Glue Gunner is under a Monkey Village with the Monkey Fort upgrade.
- Both the tower's name and its description are a wordplay where both solution and solve mean to resolve and to dissolve.