|“||Blasts deeply through Bloons and layers over a huge area, plus powerful Burny Stuff damage.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
The Biggest One is the final upgrade of Path 1 for the Mortar Monkey in BTD6. It makes devastatingly large explosions (specifically, an explosion radius of 80 for the main explosion and 120 for the shockwave explosion), each popping up to 200 bloons and tearing through 20 layers of Bloon, 40 on Ceramics and MOAB-class, and 11 for Ceramics inflicted by the outer region of the shockwave explosion.
When paired with Burny Stuff, the napalm from the explosions will now deal 25 damage every 1.5 seconds for 3 seconds, inflicting a total of 50 damage.
It costs $23,800 on Easy, $28,000 on Medium, $30,240 on Hard, and $33,600 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
The Biggest One serves a similar role to The Bloon Solver, blasting superceramics while dealing fair damage to MOABs. It has the advantage of a global range, which can be moved around for optimal effectiveness and can also be further enhanced by buffs such as Berserker Brew, Overclock, and Striker Jones. It also comes with a few minor disadvantages, namely the price and the fact that it is less likely to catch leaking Ceramic Bloons. In general though, it remains a solid choice when it comes to popping Super Ceramics.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- As both Path 2 and Path 3 upgrades are roughly equal in power when paired with The Biggest One, the desired crosspath depends on your required needs. Increasing attack speed can make micro-managing the tower's targeting less of hassle and hit its intended mark faster. Adding Burny Stuff allows it to deal large damage-over-time to all affected bloons for three seconds, which can make it more viable when heavy micro-management is not required.
- Increased Accuracy by itself is not very useful considering The Biggest One already produces enormously huge explosions. Keep this in mind if you choose to go for 5-0-2 crosspathing.
- The 5-2-0 crosspath is more reliable at demolishing Super Ceramics, because it can stun Super Ceramics more often while dealing quite effective damage output. On the other hand, 5-0-2 is good for chipping down the health of MOAB-class bloons because adding the high damage-over-time effect actually deals more DPS overall if not for time delay.
- The Biggest One is improved heavily by attack speed bonuses such as Jungle Drums Villages and Striker Jones Level 4+ will hugely benefit the overall DPS by a significant amount.
- As it already has a large damage and pierce, as well as full-map range, Berserker Brew is slightly less effective on The Biggest One. However, it is still viable to place this type of Alchemist buff on The Biggest One for the bonus attack speed.
Version History[edit | edit source]
- Damage increased to 20 (from 10)
- Blast radius (correctly) increased from The Big One size.
- Blast radius significantly increased even further.
- Cost of The Biggest One decreased ($30k --> $24k)
- The Biggest One deals 3x more damage on Ceramics and above.
- The Biggest One costs more ($24k --> $28k)
- Now has new explosion art.
- The Biggest One without MIB can now (correctly) deal damage to DDTs.
- The Biggest One bonus damage to ceramics and higher reduced (+40 -> +20)
- The Biggest One larger shockwave radius now deals extra damage to ceramics (+0 -> +20)
- The Biggest One larger shockwave radius extra ceramic damage decreased (+20 to +10)
- 5xx The Biggest One description updated "as it deals much more damage now".
- Explosion random deviation radius increased (18 --> 30)
- Attack speed without Path 2 upgrades increased (2.2s --> 2.0s)
- Attack speed with Faster Reload increased (1.54s --> 1.5s)
- Attack speed with Rapid Reload decreased (1.07s --> 1.08s)
- 5-0-2 The Biggest One's Burny Stuff effect deals more damage (1 --> 25)
- Description changed, reflecting above buff.
- Changed from "Smashes deeply through Bloons and layers over a huge area." to "Blasts deeply through Bloons and layers over a huge area, plus powerful Burny Stuff damage."
- Reverted random deviation radius change
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Biggest One used to produce smaller explosions than Super Mines despite being "The Biggest One". This is still the case as of Version 7.0, though the explosion radius actually did affect a wider radius. However, The Biggest One still doesn't quite display a visual increase in blast radius size.
- This is no longer true as of Version 9.0, as there is now an entirely new explosion artwork for The Biggest One.
- In Version 7.0, the description was not changed to reflect the new damage amount. This has since been corrected in Version 8.0.
- The Biggest One had been considered the most buffed tower in BTD6 history, starting off as an extremely inefficient tower that could only explode 10 layers per shot with a relatively small explosion radius, rising up to Version 9.0-10.1 as a top-tier tower that was capable of wiping out an entire Round 98 with ease.
- By single updates alone, however, Prince of Darkness is considered the most buffed upgrade in BTD6 history, in Version 21.0.
- The extra damage to Ceramics via the outer shockwave explosion can be compared to how ceramic materials are more susceptible to thermal shock compared to other groups of materials (i.e. compared to polymers, metals, and composites). As all explosions produce a sudden increase in energy to the surroundings including thermal energy, ceramic materials such as Ceramic Bloons are more likely to fail via thermal shock compared to other materials. Therefore, it would make sense for Ceramic Bloons to be dealt more damage from the outer region of the shockwave explosion.
- In the game's files, the upgrade icon for The Biggest One is named "TheBIggestOneUpgradeIcon.png" with a capital I.
- The Biggest One, as well as Shell Shock and The Big One, cannot stun Black or Zebra bloons regardless of whether it can pop them or not.
- The stun can affect bloons that weren't damaged due to the pierce cap, however the stun still has its own pierce cap.
- Contrary to popular belief, the secondary explosion shockwave for The Biggest One is still 45 and not 200 as the main explosion does.
- Before Version 20.0, the description for The Biggest One was "Smashes through 20 layers of Bloon over a huge area." but has since been changed because of how outdated and questionable it was to describe its massive explosive damage.