|“||Smashes through 20 layers of Bloon over a huge area.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
The Biggest One is the final upgrade of Path 1 for the Mortar Monkey in BTD6. It makes devastatingly large explosions, each popping up to 200 bloons and tearing through 20 layers of Bloon, 40 on Ceramics and above, and 21-22 for Ceramics inflicted by the outer region of the secondary explosion. It costs $23,800 on Easy, $28,000 on Medium, $30,240 on Hard, and $33,600 on Impoppable.
- As of Version 9.0, The Biggest One is a very reliable popper of Super Ceramics and near-exiting MOABs, possibly even outwitting reliability compared to The Bloon Solver, a Path 1 Tier-5 Glue Gunner upgrade that possesses a similar purpose.
- Always go for 5-2-0 The Biggest One instead of 5-0-2. Both Path 2 upgrades deal purely extra attack speed, thereby improving DPS significantly by just over double. Increased Accuracy is near redundant due to the already extremely massive explosions that almost never miss the target recticle, and Burny Stuff will still only deal a measly 1 damage per 1.5 seconds for 3 seconds regardless of how strong the explosions are.
- The Biggest One is improved heavily by attack speed bonuses, so towers such as Stronger Stimulant Alchemists, Jungle Drums Villages, and Striker Jones Level 4+ will hugely benefit the overall DPS by a significant amount.
- As The Biggest One deals singular brute explosive damage, rather than producing huge quantities of projectiles to inflict overall high damage, it is not a very good combo with Super Brittle. At best, The Biggest One only has the main explosion and secondary explosion to deal the +5 vulnerability damage bonuses that Super Brittle provides, compared to the superior quantity of projectiles spawned from high-attack towers such as Grandmaster Ninja or Avatar of Wrath.
Damage increased to 20 (from 10)
Blast radius (correctly) increased from The Big One size.
Blast radius significantly increased even further.
Cost of The Biggest One decreased ($30k --> $24k)
The Biggest One deals 3x more damage on Ceramics and above.
The Biggest One costs more ($24k --> $28k)
Now has new explosion art.
The Biggest One without MIB can now (correctly) deal damage to DDTs.
5xx The Biggest One bonus damage to ceramics and higher reduced (+40 -> +20)
5xx The Biggest One larger shockwave radius now deals extra damage to ceramics (+0 -> +20)
- The Biggest One used to produce smaller explosions than Super Mines despite being "The Biggest One". This is still the case as of Version 7.0, though the explosion radius actually did affect a wider radius. However, The Biggest One still doesn't quite display a visual increase in blast radius size.
- This is no longer true as of Version 9.0, as there is now an entirely new explosion artwork for The Biggest One.
- In Version 7.0, the description was not changed to reflect the new damage amount. This has since been corrected in Version 8.0.
- The Biggest One had been considered the most buffed tower in BTD6 history, starting off as an extremely inefficient tower that could only explode 10 layers per shot with a relatively small explosion radius, rising up to Version 9.0-10.1 as a top-tier tower that was capable of wiping out an entire Round 98 with ease.