|“||<Program Directive> <Eradicate Bloons> <INITIATE>||”|
|~ In-game description|
The Anti-Bloon (sometimes referred to as just Anti-Bloon) is the 5th upgrade of Path 2 for the Super Monkey in Bloons TD 6. The Anti-Bloon heavily buffs the Tech Terror's activated ability and increases its base power considerably. The Annihilation ability now does 5,000 damage across a 120 range radius onto up to 10,000 Bloons instead of 2,000. The main attacks also gains +4 damage, has +5 pierce, +10 range, for a total of 5 damage, 14 pierce and 82 range. In addition, it now gains the normal damage type, allowing its main attack to naturally pop any non-camo bloon type including Purple Bloons. With its ability or the Ultravision crosspath, The Anti-Bloon can pop Camo Bloons too. And lastly, critical hits now occur every 13-17 shots instead of every 15-20 shots, and crits deal 50 damage instead of 10, making the damage per shot for a single target range between ~7.647 and ~8.461, with 8 being the average.
The Anti-Bloon is an entirely robotic monkey bearing massive gold-muzzled, light grey plasma cannons on each arm, with red fins on the muzzle and a red grill on each cannon. These cannons are fed by red tubes linking to its main body and head, which is a sinister dark grey color with ominous red lines on its torso. All its limbs are the same color, with its feet bearing red metal rings around the ankles, and the arms linking directly into its plasma launchers.
The Anti-Bloon's head bears the same glowing red eyes as its predecessor, Tech Terror, though with bright lines around where the irises should be, and its mouth, previously bearing white teeth in a grim frown, is now a pair of jagged metal jaws hung open as it appears to be shouting something. The screws for the mouth hinge are clearly visible as well, and it also has a fairly substantial underbite owing to the fact much of its faceplate is sunken-in metal plating of a lighter color.
The Anti-Bloon massively improves every aspect of Tech Terror, with 5x base damage, (5 normally, 50 on a crit) +5 pierce, (14) +10 range, (82) Normal type damage, (pops any Bloon) and a buffed crit rate of every 13-17 shots.
The Annihilation ability now deals 5000 damage, has 10,000 pierce, and 120 range.
- First: Targets the first bloon visible within its range.
- Last: Targets the last bloon visible within its range.
- Close: Targets the closest bloon visible within its range.
- Strong: Targets the strongest bloon visible within its range.
The Anti-Bloon, just like Robo Monkey, has a secondary targeting option called Alternate Arm, which allows for two simultaneous targeting priorities at any given time. This is controlled by a second targeting setting above the original targeting setting. However, both arms cannot be set on the same targeting priority, and one setting must be changed into a different priority before the other setting can be changed into the desired targeting priority.
The Anti-Bloon's annihilation blast, while arbitrarily high, defaults on Close relative to the robot.
The Anti-Bloon is an expensive option for dealing huge damage versus bloons of all types, with significantly stronger plasma bolts and provides it with a much stronger annihilation ability for wiping out many bloons across a wider scale. It is a very powerful single-tower option, but its pricetag makes it unaffordable outside of large-scale farming. It is possible to purchase Anti-Bloon in a real CHIMPS game, but it is extremely expensive overall, and will likely only be purchasable by at least Round 92.
In the extreme late-game (Rounds 101+), The Anti-Bloon only serves purpose as a required separate sacrifice for the Vengeful True Sun God, alongside Legend of the Night. Because its general DPS greatly diminishes in extremely high rounds, it is worth sacrificing The Anti-Bloon for a 2x strength True Sun God.
- 2-5-0 Anti-Bloon serves as the superior crosspath due to the Plasma Blasts upgrade more than doubling the power of The Anti-Bloon.
- 0-5-2 Anti-Bloon is mostly restricted to specific challenges where it is impossible to grant the Anti-Bloon with external camo detection.
- Place the Anti-Bloon in a place where there is a lot of open space, as this will optimize its main power.
- Even though the Anti-Bloon's ability has an extremely large blast radius, place the Anti Bloon in an area where its range will cover lots of track, in order for its ability to deal damage at its greatest potential.
|Not Lacking Critical Information|
FIRST RELEASED: Version 29.0
|Description: Get 25,000 Critical hits|
When relogging into a game having The Anti-Bloon upgrade:
- [Robotic voice] "Techno feel"
When activating Annihilation Ability:
- [Extreme energetic pulse accompanied by a robotic voice]
- [28.0] x-3-0 Robo Monkey and later were granted the Camo Prioritization option even though they cannot detect camo without Ultravision. Affects The Anti-Bloon. Patched in 28.2.
- The Anti-Bloon is the icon for BTD6's main Hard Mode, changed from a Robo-Monkey in BTD5.
- The Anti-Bloon is the only Super Monkey Tier 5 upgrade to not cost over $100,000 cash to purchase. This doesn't apply to Impoppable mode.
- The Anti-Bloon appears when the "Metal Muncher" statistic is gained after finishing a game.
- The Anti-Bloon's jaw on the ability icon seems to be bigger than on the artwork/upgrade and Hard Difficulty icons.
- The pierce nerf to The Anti-Bloon ability in Version 24.0 was done as a pre-emptive measure to the nerfing of most infinite-ranged abilities, more specifically in Race Event scenarios. However, since the ability almost never consumes such an arbitrarily high amount of pierce in any given scenario (besides playing around Sandbox Mode), the nerf means almost nothing, even on Race Events.
- The only upgrade description to ever use the < and > symbols belongs to The Anti-Bloon, including in previous games. This also applies to its Battles 2 counterpart.
- Quincy + The Anti-Bloon is the 15th 2TC combo according to the fan-official BTD6 Index. It was first completed on Version 10.2, but it was made harder with the Version 12.0 Knockback nerf. It remained impossible after the bug fix on Robo Monkey's left arm gaining original Knockback effects in Version 13.0. On Version 21.1, it became possible again, as seen on this post, because of the Version 20.0 buff that gave Robo Monkey separate target priorities. It since has been made easier due to the buff to Tech Terror in which it gained the ability to do Critical hits, similar to Crossbow Master.