|“||Tech Bot can activate abilities for you as soon as they are ready for optimum efficiency.||”|
|~ Bloons TD6 description|
The Tech Bot is a Power in Bloons Tower Defense 6, first released in Version 5.0. It can be purchased in the Powers shop for 50. When placed, a new ability will appear in the side bar, which allows the player to link the Tech Bot to a tower with at least 1 ability. After being linked, the Tech Bot will activate the ability (or abilities) every time it can be used, with no input from the player.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Tech Bot is mainly useful to save the player from micromanaging abilities, but the player has to exercise caution in choosing what ability to link to the Tech Bot. However, there are abilities where it is important to consider linking to:
- Abilities that generate money (Jungle's Bounty, Monkeynomics, Supply Drop, Support Chinook (do exercise caution with this one if you're using Pursuit), etc.), as these abilities are generally risk-free & tend to get in the way of microing.
- Overclock (starting in version 16.0) and Ultraboost by Overclocking the latest tower that was targeted. Towers that are Tier 4 or below can be 'permanently' overclocked in this way. For Tier 5 towers or Level 20 Heroes, use two Overclock Engineer Monkeys and activate one another when the other one is on about half of the cooldown.
- Abilities that only affect a certain type of Bloon (MOAB Assassin/MOAB Eliminator, Monkey Pirates/Pirate Lord, Pat Fusty's Big Squeeze abilities, etc.). Abilities like this will almost never be wasted.
- Abilities with buffs with nearly 100% full uptime, specifically Pat Fusty's Rallying Roar in water under Energizer and the "Ability Mastery" MK or Admiral Brickell's Naval Tactics under the same other conditions.
- Abilities that are utilized best with a time-based routine (Bloon Sabotage/Grand Saboteur, Snowstorm/Absolute Zero, Overclocking a tower that are Tier 5, etc.). To utilise these benefits, Tech Bot linkages must be timed promptly with when the activation(s) of when said abilities need to become activated.
- To further explain, certain abilities have a specific amount of uptime. For instance, Bloon Sabotage has 25% ability uptime because it lasts for 15 seconds but has a cooldown of 60 seconds (therefore 45 seconds downtime).
- Bloon Sabotage ability needs a minimum of 4 to gain approximately full uptime, so 4 Tech Bots are also required to facilitate this need. The pattern at which Bloon Sabotage abilities activate needn't necessarily always have a ~15 seconds gap, since Bloon Sabotage doesn't soak through all layers, but having more Tech Bots to activate the various Bloon Sabotage abilities are helpful, provided the gap between each Bloon Sabotage isn't too close together (otherwise such abilities will become wasted
- Upon the first Tech Bot program to Bloon Sabotage A, the ability for Bloon Sabotage will activate.
- Wait for the Bloon Sabotage A to expire and immediately Tech Bot the Bloon Sabotage B, and so on up to Bloon Sabotage D.
- Overclock ability is simpler. In the worst case scenario, 2 Tech Bots are required for 2 Overclocks in order for the same tower to be always Overclocked. Simply wait for around 20-25 seconds after the Overclock ability is activated, and then activate the Tech Bot onto the other Overclock afterwards.
- Although other towers may also benefit from multiple Tech Bots at specific timings, only Bloon Sabotage and Overclock are the ones that significantly benefit.
- As of Version 17.0, the Monkey Knowledge 'Ambush Tech' allows the Tech Bot to activate the linked tower's skill when the Bloon enters a specific track area, allowing some of these abilities to be activated without being wasted.
Note that there are some abilities that never become activated by Tech Bot:
- Support Chinook's and Special Poperations's "Pickup Tower" ability
- Adora's Blood Sacrifice ability
- Special Poperations's "Door Gunner" ability from the "Door Gunner" MK
- Dark Knight, Dark Champion, and Legend of the Night's "Darkshift" abilities
- Dartling Gunner's "Emergency Unlock" ability from the "Emergency Unlock" MK.
Tech Bot's main use shines on freeplay mode games, where the player will want to achieve higher rounds with little interaction.
Version History[edit | edit source]
Monkey Knowledge Ambush Tech added.
Tech Bot now activates Admiral Brickell's Mega Mines ability. Will spawn Mega Mines on the same spot that was last targetted.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It used to be possible for Benjamin's Biohack to target Tech Bots. This was no longer the case as of an earlier update.
- Prior to version 16.0, Overclock could not be targeted by a Tech Bot.
- On Version 17.0, Dark Knight and its subsequent upgrades earned a new ability to teleport around the map freely. However, activating Tech Bot on any of these towers would have crashed the game.