|“||Sprays out 16 tacks per volley.||”|
|~ In-game Description|
Tack Sprayer is the third upgrade of Path 3 for the Tack Shooter in Bloons TD 6. The Tack Sprayer upgrade increases the number of tacks the Tack Shooter shoots from 12 to 16 every attack and increases its attack speed by 33%, increasing the base attack speed from every 1.4s to every 1.05s.
This upgrade is slightly taller than its predecessor to make room for four more barrels, for a total of 16. The barrels are layered in two stacks of eight, with the bottom layer offset by 22.5°. The pink portions of the Tack Shooter are now red.
Shoots 16 tacks instead of 12, and attacks +33% faster on top.
Tack Sprayer shoots a spray of projectiles in an radial spray. Technically, the Tack Shooter is locked on the Close targeting priority. However, for simplicity reasons, Tack Sprayer has no targeting priorities.
The following is a list of statistics of a Tack Shooter with Tack Sprayer. It includes its base statistics and all associated crosspathing interactions. Expand the box on the right to see further information.
- Updated as of Version 27.3
- Base stats
- Projectile, sharp type, detects partial hitbox, 16 per shot, 23 range, 1.05s attack cooldown, 1 damage, 1 pierce.
- Crosspathing interactions
- This upgrade has no special interactions when given any crosspath.
- See also: Damage Types/Bloons TD 6/Primary
The following are a list of wiki-written damage types associated by a Tack Shooter with Tack Sprayer. These damage type statistics include how it attacks and how these attacks would affect bloons. Expand the box on the right to see further information.
- Updated as of Version 27.3
- Base attack(s)
- Updated as of Version 31.0. Listed prices exclude buffs, sacrifices, and Monkey Knowledge.
This upgrade's prices (or included crosspath's prices) are affected by the following MK: Better Sell Deals
Tack Sprayer historically has been a cheap but cost-effective way of taking down MOAB-class bloons in earlier games. This is no different in BTD6, although the mutual exclusiveness of the attack speed and range upgrades makes it a little more challenging to find the better crosspath. External buffs will greatly optimize the overall performance of Tack Sprayers.
- On most occasions, the 2-0-3 crosspath is far stronger than the 0-2-3 crosspath, due to the greatly increased attack speed. Even though it comes with extra attack speed already, in most situations it deals more overall damage if it has much more attack speed.
- If no external buffs are available, the 0-2-3 crosspath is still quite effective, as it provides extra range and pierce.
- Pair a Tack Sprayer with Primary Training and Berserker Brew (or Stronger Stimulant) to further increase its potential.
- Tack Sprayer spam benefits much more from Primary Mentoring, which grants both free Tier 1 upgrades and extra range, alongside the extra pierce and range from Primary Training. In some cases, more Tack Sprayers can be better than fewer Overdrives. This is because while Overdrive attacks 3x faster with +1 pierce, it benefits less from the buffs provided.
- Tack Sprayer is great in parts of the map that have turns or where bloons intersect.
- If bloons are close enough to the Tack Sprayer, the tacks are able to deal more than 1 damage to the same bloon.
- Sometimes the Tack Sprayer seems to pop more than one layer of bloon. That is because multiple tacks can hit the same bloon.
- Tack Sprayer without Path 1 upgrades shoots as fast as a normal Tack Shooter with Faster Shooting.
- Tack Sprayer is the only returning Tack Shooter upgrade to end up on Path 3. All the other Path 3 Tack Shooter upgrades made their debut in BTD6.
- The slightly increased attack speed of a BTD6 Tack Sprayer could be a small nod to the BTD5 Tack Sprayer, whose previous upgrades involve faster attack speed.
- Unlike its Bloons TD 5 counterpart, this upgrade changes the color of the tower from pink to orange instead of retaining the pink color.