|“||Sprays out 16 tacks per volley.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Tack Sprayer is the third upgrade of Path 3 for the Tack Shooter in BTD6. The Tack Sprayer upgrade increases the number of tacks the Tack Shooter shoots from 12 to 16 every attack and increases its attack speed by 33%.
It costs $380 on Easy, $450 on Medium, $485 on Hard, and $540 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Tack Sprayer traditionally is a cheap but cost-effective way of taking down MOAB-class bloons in earlier games. This is no different in BTD6, although the mutual exclusiveness of the attack speed and range upgrades makes it a little more challenging to find the better crosspath. External buffs will greatly optimize the overall performance of Tack Sprayers.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- On most occasions, using the 2-0-3 crosspath is far stronger than the 0-2-3 crosspath, due to the greatly increased attack speed. Even though it comes with extra attack speed already, in most situations it deals more overall damage if it has much more attack speed.
- If no external buffs are available, the 0-2-3 crosspath is still quite effective, as it provides extra range and pierce.
- Pair a Tack Sprayer with Primary Training and Berserker Brew (or Stronger Stimulant) to further increase its potential.
- Tack Sprayer spam benefits much more from Primary Mentoring, which grants both free Tier 1 upgrades and extra range, alongside the extra pierce and range from Primary Training. In some cases, it can be more worth than fewer Overdrives, which attacks 3x faster with +1 pierce but benefits less from the buffs provided.
- Tack Sprayer is great in parts of the map that have turns or where bloons intersect.
- If bloons are close enough to the Tack Sprayer, the tacks are able to deal more than 1 damage to the same bloon.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Sometimes the Tack Sprayer seems to pop more than one layer of bloon. That is because multiple tacks can hit the same bloon.
- Tack Sprayer without Path 1 upgrades shoots as fast as a normal Tack Shooter with Faster Shooting.
- Tack Sprayer is the only returning Tack Shooter upgrade to end up on Path 3. All the other Path 3 Tack Shooter upgrades made their debut in BTD6.