|“||Abilities: Drops lives and cash crates, or can pick up and redeploy most Monkey types.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Support Chinook is the fourth upgrade of Path 2 for the Heli Pilot in BTD6. Similarly to the BTD5 counterpart, Support Chinook adds two new abilities: the Reposition Tower Ability and the Crate Drop Ability.
It costs $10,200 on Easy, $12,000 on Medium, $12,960 on Hard, and $TBA on Impoppable.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
The Support Chinook has two different abilities available, more than almost all towers with abilities. One of these abilities alternates between giving cash or lives, while the other ability can reposition most types of towers to a different location.
Note: As there are no official names for the two different abilities, unofficial names are assigned to each of the two abilities.
Supply Crate Ability[edit | edit source]
Every Support Chinook's Crate Ability has two different crates that can be spawned: a Cash Crate and a Health Crate.
Every Support Chinook crate will guarantee start with cash, then the second one with lives, and the process repeats. Every cash crate will drop a random value between $1000 and $2000, while every med crate will drop a random value between 50 and 75 lives. The Cash Crate/Health Crate Ability both have the same cooldown of 60 seconds. In Deflation Mode, it will cause the Chinook to produce only med crates, since income generation is banned in Deflation Mode.
Unlike the Bloons TD 5 Mobile series, there is an initial cooldown before the Support Chinook is able to deploy its first cash crate.
The cooldown for the Supply Crate ability is 60 seconds. Additionally, each Support Chinook's crate ability can only be used up to 3 times per round.
Redeploy Ability[edit | edit source]
The Redeploy Ability, also referred to as the Tower-Moving Ability, is the ability that allows the Support Chinook to move towers to a new location. Upon activation, the screen will pop up with a menu for moving a tower. Most towers are able to be moved, but there are a number of towers that cannot be moved. Upon moving the selected movable tower to a new spot, the Support Chinook will move (even when set to Lock in Place) towards the selected tower to reposition that tower to a new spot.
The list of towers that cannot be moved include:
- All Banana Farms
- All Monkey Villages
- Sun Temples
- The True Sun God, including the Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey variant
- Aircraft Carrier and Carrier Flagship
- All temporary towers
- All Monkey Ace landing bases
- All Heli Pilot landing bases
The cooldown for the Redeploy Ability is 60 seconds.
Bugs[edit | edit source]
- If the reposition ability is used, but the tower is not moved, you can move a tower without using the cooldown. This bug has been known to occur since 1.0 and still occurs as of version 14.0.
- If the reposition ability is used to move a land tower onto water using an arctic wind ice monkey, and the ice monkey is sold during the process, the arctic wind effect moves to the centre of the map and the tower appears to be floating on the water.
- If the Chinook tries to move a tower next to a super monkey and the super monkey upgrades to a Sun Temple, so the temple's footprint blocks the tower's placement, the game crashes as the Chinook picks up the tower.
- If the Chinook was carrying the tower when the super monkey upgrades to the Sun Temple, the tower instead gets sold.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Support Chinook handles with utility that most towers tend to lack, being able to providing lives and tower repositioning utility. It is somewhat cheaper than it did in BTD5, making it a little more useful overall. Its use on CHIMPS Mode is still viable, with high usage on harder maps such as Muddy Puddles and Quad.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Crosspathing for Support Chinook doesn't matter much, so base the crosspathing from Downdraft or for going to Special Poperations.
- Although it cannot produce cash in CHIMPS, the Support Chinook is still useful in CHIMPS because of how useful the Reposition Ability is.
Version History (BTD6)[edit | edit source]
- Can no longer duplicate towers with Reposition ability.
- All income-based abilities now require a full cooldown before first activation.
- Cancelling the Reposition ability should no longer revert placement settings.
- Supply crate ability no longer gives any lives on Impoppable Difficulty, regardless of Custom Challenge
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In BTD6, life crates give fewer lives (~3-8 per crate) once the life count is greater than 1000.
- In BTD6, the Support Chinook has been notorious for being able to do "illegal" things such as selling towers in no-selling challenges, including C.H.I.M.P.S., where selling is disabled. Alongside, unlike in BTD5 or BTDB, tower stacking still works in BTD6.
- One way to do this is to sacrifice the Chinook while it's carrying a tower. The tower(s) it was carrying gets sold.
- Even though Version 19.0 added a separate money counter for almost all towers, it was not at all implemented for Support Chinook or Special Poperations until Version 22.0. This is still not the case for other towers, specifically Lead to Gold, Rubber to Gold, Monkey Town (and by extent Monkey City), Pirate Lord. It has yet to be fully implemented for Sun Temple and True Sun God / Avatar of the Vengeful Monkey with Support sacrifices.
- Jungle's Bounty and Spirit of the Forests' income range abilities were implemented in Version 22.0, alongside the Chinook crates.
- The Chinook helicopter has a visible pilot in BTD5 Mobile generation games, but in BTD6 it's not visible.