|“||Superstorm blasts all Bloon types for massive damage and blows them away from the exit.||”|
Superstorm is the final upgrade of path 1 for the Druid. The upgrade adds an additional super-tornado to the Druid's arsenal, along with the standard tornadoes, bolts of lightning and ball lightnings.
Each super-tornado can blow away and deal 12 layers of damage up to 200 regular bloons, 10 MOABs (using 20 pierces each), 4 BFBs or DDTs (using 50 pierces each), or 1 ZOMG (using all 200 pierces). The super-tornado attack can be shot every 5.0s. Despite the immense size of the super-tornado, the super-tornado's pierce limit made it less efficient against massive hordes of bloons than MOAB class bloons. Spawning a super-tornado automatically adds Ball Lightnings in the front 180 degrees of it, creating even more overall damage.
The Superstorm upgrade also increases the damage from Heart of Thunder lightning by +2, from 1 to 3, and Ball Lightning lightning by +3, from 2 to 5. In addition, purchasing Superstorm gives the Druid automatic camo detection.
It costs $76,500 on Easy, $90,000 on Medium, $97,200 on Hard and $108,000 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Superstorm is a very expensive upgrade, but its weak mix of damage and blowback effects makes it a little awkward in its strategical purpose. The super-tornadoes attack very slowly, and have low pierce versus stronger MOAB-class bloons, especially BFBs, ZOMGs, and DDTs. Despite the description of the Superstorm stating that it deals "massive damage", it in fact has only the overall DPS of around 10 Ball Lightning Druids overall. Alternate forms of damage and blimp slowdown or knockback from separate towers should be used instead, although with full Poplust buffs a Superstorm is at least somewhat useful.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Use the 5-0-2 crosspath, as it will gain a +10% attack speed bonus by default, and the bottom path upgrades do come with extra range too.
- Pair with lots of Poplust Druids for a much more reliable blowback versus blimps.
Version History[edit | edit source]
Superstorm's Super Storm damage increased (5 -> 12)
Superstorm's Ball Lightning damage increased (2 -> 5)
Superstorm's Lightning damage increased (1 -> 3)
Superstorm's Storm now spawns Ball Lightnings in a 180 degree arc in front of it every second until the storm expires
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Ninja Kiwi says that the automatic camo detection for the Superstorm is intentional and is not a bug.
- This upgrade holds the title for the tower with the most attacks.
- Taking crosspathing into account, Archmage with Wall of Fire has as many unique attacks as Superstorm.
- This is the only tier-5 upgrade for the Druid that retains its original white fur.
- Similar to its predecessor in BTD5, it has the potential to create a regrowth farm, where Regrowth bloons are sent back and split into multiple bloons and then regenerate back to their original form before they reach the tower again, multiplying again and again. Make sure to have strong towers to prevent this from happening.
- This is the only Tier 5 upgrade for the Druid that does not show the face of the Druid in the upgrade thumbnail.