|“||Even longer range tacks that can pop more Bloons.||”|
|~ BTD6 Description|
Super Range Tacks is the 2nd upgrade of Path 2 for the Tack Shooter in BTD6. This upgrade makes the Tack Shooter shoot even further than its previous upgrade, and also grants +1 pierce to the Tack Shooter, or it adds +20 pierce to Ring of Fire or Inferno Ring for 80 pierce instead of the default 60.
It costs $190 on Easy, $225 on Medium, $245 on Hard, $270 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Super Range Tacks provides the Tack Shooter with a considerable range boost compared to having no range upgrades. In addition, purchasing this upgrade provides extra pierce too, making this upgrade handy in situations where the extra pierce matters. The range and pierce boosts have a greater impact for Hot Shots, Rings of Fire, and Inferno Rings, although the same hybridized boosts are effective for lower-tier Tack Shooters to become more effective at grouped popping power.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The extra pierce part of Super Range Tacks is useful in the early-game to counter grouped bloons in a tightly packed region.
- Generally speaking, this upgrade should be reserved as an extra upgrade in conjunction with higher-tier upgrades.
- Several maps may require this upgrade for the Tack Shooter to reach bloons. More specifically, when placed on the barrel on Spillway, a 0-2-0 Tack will fail to trigger an attack on bloons unless placed pixel-perfectly at the lowest point of the barrel's spacial hitbox.
Version History[edit | edit source]
Super Range Tacks grants +1 pierce to the Tack Shooter. Does not affect Blade Shooter.
Super Range Tacks now grants +20 pierce to Ring of Fire and Inferno Ring instead of +1 pierce
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In BTD6, the artwork for this upgrade was not correct, as it showed a 0-0-0 Tack Shooter at a different angle. This was corrected as of Version 13.0.
- In fact, this was the only instance where a significant artwork change had ever occurred. The next occasion for an artwork change was Version 18.0, by flipping the direction of MOAB Domination's artwork, but it is otherwise not very significant.
- Version 18.0 changed the description of the Tack Shooter in BTD6 to include its new extra pierce feature.