|Super Monkey Storm|
The Super Monkey Storm in action
(Bloons TD 5)
Sonar Beacon (BTD4)
It's a bird, it's a plane. it's a squadron of flying super powered laser-beamin' monkeys who destroy every single bloon on screen and do big damage to MOAB class bloons.
|“||It's a bird. It's a plane. It's a squadron of flying super-powered laser beamin' monkeys who destroy every single bloon on the screen and do big damage to MOAB-class bloons.||”|
|~ Official BTD5 & BTD6 Description|
In BTD4, it can be turned on from Monkey Storm Beacon's upgrading area. Using it costs 850 money on Easy, 1000 on Medium, & 1080 on Hard. You can only have 1 Monkey Storm Beacon in BTD4 and BTD4Ex. In gameplay, you have to wait after you use the Monkey Storm. It takes approximately 1 and a half minutes to reload.
In BTD5 the Monkey Storm can be purchased from the Special Agent Shop for 50 and will destroy all bloons on screen, and destroys up to a M.O.A.B.. The Monkey Storm will disappear from the inventory so if the player wants to use it again they must buy a new one for another 50.
In BTD6 this had its price doubled, now costing 100 . It basically does the same thing as the Super Monkey Storm in BTD5. There is a Monkey Knowledge upgrade called "Powerful Monkey Storm" which increases the damage dealt from the power.
- The Super Monkey Storm is less worth it in BTD5 than it is in BTD4, due to the fact that you need monkey money to buy it.
- This can actually be useful if you're trying to save in-game money.
- Super Monkey Storm seems to be weaker in Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mobile since the storm will not affect Bloons that are near enough to a corner.
- If you are on a very high round in BTD5, the storm will only pop non MOAB class bloons, because MOAB-class bloons have health bonuses in later rounds.
- If you have a pro for this special agent, it shows Super Monkey with Laser Vision icon and it has double storm effect instead of 1.
- However, the second storm does very little, as MOAB-class Bloons don't move very fast, and two seconds won't produce that many. Against normal Bloons, however, it might be slightly more effective.
- Using this Special Agent 50 times will unlock its pro.
- It does no damage to MOAB-class bloons in BTD3 and the Flash version of BTD4.
- However, in the mobile version it will destroy any MOABs, but cannot completely pop BFBs.
- In BTD6, bloons are immediately destroyed upon activating a Super Monkey Storm, while in BTD5 Flash and BTD5 Mobile there is a slight delay before the bloons are destroyed.
- Coincidentally, the Ground Zero ability in BTD6 has a slight delay instead of exploding immediately, despite Super Monkey Storm once having a slight delay.
- Oddly, this special agent can pop Lead Bloons despite the fact that Super Monkeys use darts.