|“||Creates gigantic exploding spiked mines that can wipe out almost anything.||”|
|~ BTD6 dsecription|
Super Mines is the final upgrade of Path 1 for the Spike Factory in BTD6. While this upgrade severely decreased attack rate (specifically down to one mine per 4.58 seconds), it makes the Spike Factory shoot much stronger mines that create much larger explosions that deal enormous damage (350 damage to be exact) to up to 60 bloons per explosion, which is capable of destroying the outer layer of a M.O.A.B. in one hit. It also increase each spike damage to 10, dealing up to 160 damage just from the spikes. It costs $148,750 on Easy, $175,000 on Medium, $189,000 on Hard, and $210,000 on Impoppable.
- This upgrade decreases the production rate of the mines compared to Spiked Mines, so it's recommended to purchase the Faster Production and Even Faster Production upgrades in tandem with it.
- If the Spike Factory is placed at the end of the track, it's recommended to purchase the Perma-Spike upgrade for it, since Perma-Spike is much more reliable long-term.
- Don't use this as the primary attacking tower, as it is very unreliable against mass grouped normal bloons compared to multiple Spiked Mine Factories for a similar price. This is because the explosions have very little pierce.
- This upgrade is still very helpful against damaging MOAB-class bloons immensely, especially when the mines explode when timed out. When the mines are timed out, they explode and can damage MOAB-class bloons heavily if the explosion reaches MOAB-class bloons.
Attack speed increased by 20%
Super Mines now damages all bloon types.
Super Mines explosion pierce increased (40 --> 60)
Super Mines base spike damage increased (1 -> 10)
Super Mines attack speed increased by 20% again.
- Super Mines is among the most expensive Tier-5 upgrades in BTD6, surpassed only by the Legend of the Night and the True Sun God upgrades for the Super Monkey.