|“||Even more powerful Maelstrom ability and lasts longer.||”|
|~ In-game description|
Super Maelstrom is the final Path 2 upgrade for the Tack Shooter in Bloons TD 6. Super Maelstrom enhances the ability significantly by increasing duration (9 seconds instead of 3 seconds), damage (2 damage instead of 1), and distribution area of the Blade Maelstrom ability (four sawblade spinners instead of two sawblade spinners along a more curved arc). It also allows both the tower's regular attack and ability to pop Lead Bloons, as well as deal 2 damage for the main attack. Its ability still emits blades every 0.0333 seconds with infinite pierce. Cooldown for ability remains at 20 seconds.
It costs $12,750 on Easy, $15,000 on Medium, $16,200 on Hard and $18,000 on Impoppable.
Super Maelstrom is far superior to the Blade Maelstrom upgrade. It has two separate sawblades, one on top and one at the bottom. The blades it shoots now come out from the middle of the two metal plates which cover the two sawblades. There is a strong metal grip at the ground, holding the tower in place and a blue blade logo on top.
- The blades of its ability have infinite pierce and thus can tear through even grouped Ceramic Bloons if they are close enough to the tower. This also applies to Blade Maelstrom too, though the Super Maelstrom has advantages that Blade Maelstroms lack.
- A Super Maelstrom (ability) that is buffed with attack speed buffs can shoot a lot more blades than it normally could.
- Crosspathing does not affect Super Maelstorm ability, but 2-5-0 is still the better crosspath outside of this tower's special ability.
- This tower's use in advanced game-modes almost entirely relies on Pat Fusty granting it additional damage, which allows it to shred almost every round.
- Its tendency to leak means that it tends to be seen with cleanup towers such as Perma-Spike.
- The ability is affected by Jungle Drums
Super Maelstrom is an effective low-cost tower for providing infinite popping power for popping bloons. It becomes most effective on Race Events that enable Tack Shooters, as many rounds can be sent at once for the Super Maelstrom ability to obliterate the vast amounts of bloons coming out in order to gain a significant amount of damage with one single ability usage. It becomes an excellent almost-solo tower with Pat, easily melting dense RBE rounds.
Super Maelstrom duration increased (TBA seconds --> 6)
Damage dealt by Super Maelstrom main attack and its ability increased (1 --> 2)
Super Maelstrom ability duration increased (6s --> 9s)
- The Super Maelstrom upgrade itself costs ~53.57x more expensive than the base tower ($270).