|“||Glue so strong it temporarily immobilizes all affected Bloons!||”|
|~ Official description|
It shoots pink globs of glue that temporarily applies extreme slowdown to MOAB-class bloons down by a minimum of 90% while dealing 50 damage to MOAB-class on impact. ZOMGs are slowed by 90% for up to 0.75s, BFBs are slowed by 95% for up to 2.5s, and MOABs and DDTs are completely stunned for 5.0s. When Ceramics or other bloons are hit, they become completely stuck for the full 24 seconds without the impact damage. Once the temporarily ultra slowdown effect expires, MOAB-class bloons continue to be under the Relentless Glue effect (37.5% slowdown) for the rest of the glue duration. Unlike other Glue Gunners, Super Glue can target the same bloon more than once even if the bloon is already coated with the same glue.
Additionally, pierce of each glue blob is increased to 6 (+1 with Bigger Globs or +5 with Glue Splatter), and all affected bloons receive a very small DoT effect that can stack with Corrosive Glue from 1 damage per 2.3 seconds to 1 damage per 2 seconds.
Super Glue now wears a black outfit instead of the white one than that of Relentless Glue, with a suit's hood obstructing the monkey's face. The two hand cannons also look bigger with a stream of spilled and condensed glue, which explain why MOAB-class bloons are immensely slowed. The glue tank now has a red valve on top. Otherwise, Super Glue is the same as Relentless Glue in both appearance and animation, both of them are wearing Class-C hazmat suits though Super Glue also wears a ballistic vest.
Super Glue is designed primarily to clump up many blimps in place at once and greatly reduce the speed of affected blimps. Its greatest value comes from not needing a MIB to handle DDTs while still dealing decent damage to them. However, Icicle Impale plays a very similar role to Super Glue, and with only a cost difference of around $2120 on Hard for the respective 0-2-5 crosspaths, Icicle Impale is far more flexible thanks to its more flexible stepping stone upgrades than Super Glue's own stepping stones. Compared to the MOAB Glue's minimal effect during the mid-game outside of affecting mid-game MOABs and BFBs and Relentless Glue's generally poor performance with either crosspath, Icicles provides a role for the mid-game grouped popping power, making Super Glue's stepping stone tiers rather ineffective overall.
- Super Glue can be used as an effective DDT-stalling tower, since DDTs become completely stunned when shot by the pink globs of Super Glue.
- Compared to Icicle Impale, there is no ice-related backfire from Super Glue, allowing any tower to affect the stunned/slowed blimps or bloons.
- Super Glue is very comparable to Icicle Impale, so it is worth considering Super Glue's advantages in specific situations compared to Icicle Impale before purchasing Super Glue.
- Super Glue is quite expensive, around a few thousand dollars more, but it does possess the extra benefit of adding MOAB Glue effects to blimps for up to 12 seconds on top of the 4-second stun/slowdown compared to a rather short freeze time for Icicle Impale.
- Icicle Impale attacks faster than Super Glue. Specifically, Icicle Impale attacks every 0.75s by default and can attack faster with Enhanced Freeze.
- Super Glue effects on blimps can be seen as far superior over Icicle Impale's. Super Glue can fully stun MOABs and DDTs, while Icicle Impale only slows them down to a set speed. Super Glue can slow ZOMGs by 90%, while Icicle Impale can only slow them by 50%. Against BFBs, however, both a Super Glue and Icicle Impale slowdown is relatively comparable before Round 100+ Freeplay ramping.
- Icicle Impale needs lead popping power, such as Cold Snap or a MIB, in order to slow and damage DDTs. Super Glue can slow and damage DDTs regardless of crosspath.
- Super Glue can be paired with Ezili and Prince of Darkness to make it easier to clump groups of blimps together, making it easier to handle groups of blimps.
- [23.0 to 25.2] At around 23.x - 25.x, the Super Glue could not rehit MOAB class bloons even if the stun expired. This was confirmed by Rohan from Ninja Kiwi.
- [26.0] Super Glue can rehit MOAB class bloons again.
- This upgrade was probably the only tower in BTD6 that can virtually stall a MOAB-Class Bloon completely for a significantly long time, as MOAB-class Bloons was stalled indefinitely on the same place until not hit by Super Glue after around 1 second.
- There is currently a known bug/gameplay issue where Super Glue keeps reapplying glue to non-MOAB-class bloons such as Ceramics, which makes it target MOABs less often due to it focusing on the other bloons.
- This is most likely caused by its designed mechanic of reapplying glue to MOABs, despite the initial 50 damage done to MOABs not applying to normal bloons.
- According to Rohan from Ninja Kiwi the undocumented change to Super Glue in Version 24.0 that prevents it from re-hitting bloons and blimps is a bug. It was fixed on Version 26.0.