|“||Bloons take huge damage while frozen including MOAB-class Bloons.||”|
|~ BTD 6 Description|
Super Brittle is the fifth and final upgrade of Path 1 for the Ice Monkey in Bloons TD 6. It can affect any bloon type, including MOAB-class Bloons (even BADs), White Bloons, and Zebra Bloons. It also attacks about 11% faster and gains the normal damage type, allowing its ice blasts to damage any bloon type. Any bloon, including MOAB-class Bloons, that is damaged by Super Brittle will take +4 damage from each attack for up to 3 seconds, and for the same duration all affected bloons become temporarily vulnerable to attacks that normally cannot pop frozen or lead (applies for DDTs). MOAB-class Bloons are not frozen in place, but are permanently slowed down by 25% (via the Permafrost effect to MOAB-class, excluding BADs). It will deal 1 damage by default but deals 5 damage to any bloon once it hits the same bloon more than once.
Despite its tiny range, Super Brittle is extremely effective in combination with high-DPS towers, specifically fast-attacking, high-projectile towers or spike-based towers. In combination with the permanent slowdown via Permafrost effects, the temporary debuff towards regular bloons and MOAB-class bloons can prove super effective at demolishing them, although the Super Brittle itself has rather low pierce for its price. Super Brittle benefits much from the range bonuses from Primary Mentoring, but otherwise it needs little support due to already having innate camo detection but low direct DPS.
- Although the Ice Monkey becomes a massive support tower with this upgrade, it is important to note that it still has a really small radius, so placement is vital.
- It is best to place it around a hairpin bend, and planning in advance is almost always required.
- Due to the fact that it is considered a Primary Monkey, it can be buffed by Primary Training, Primary Mentoring and Primary Expertise to improve its small range.
- As its damage boost is additive rather than multiplicative, fast-firing towers and spike-related attacks benefit hugely. Super Monkeys are a classic example of towers that attack quickly. Towers that fire multiple projectiles also benefit from this, such as Airburst Dart Monkey Subs, Bloonjitsu Ninjas, Overdrive Tack Shooters, or Grape Shot Buccaneers with Double Shot. Spike-related attacks, such as Spike Factory spikes and Caltrops, benefit as well, most especially for Spike Storms.
- It is recommended to purchase a 5-2-0 Ice Monkey rather than a 5-0-2 as the monkey's fire rate is still slow.
- Re-Freeze is useless on this tower, as it gains the effects of the upgrade upon buying Super Brittle.
- As there is currently no visual indicator for blimps affected by the Super Brittle debuff, a working debuff is indicated through either seeing affected blimp(s) degrading quickly visually or by seeing a quick increase in damage count for the tower with the highest attack speed and/or projectile count.
- Super Brittle can cause affected DDTs to become damaged from attacks that normally cannot pop lead. Therefore, a sharp attack such as Avatar of Wrath's thorns or an energy attack such as Laser Cannon's lasers can damage DDTs affected by Super Brittle's debuffs.
- This has allowed the 2TC combo Super Brittle + Bloon Exclusion Zone to become possible.
- [25.0] As a result of a set of reworks of the damage types of various towers on the Version 25.0 update, there was a bug present where Super Brittle's debuff doesn't work.
- [25.1] The bug concerning the debuff not working has been fixed.
- As of Version 7.0, this upgrade has the smallest range out of any Tier 5 upgrade, excluding all towers whose "range" is represented for inclusion purposes (of which are Sniper Monkey, Heli Pilot, Monkey Ace, Mortar Monkey, and Dartling Gunner).
- Absolute Zero used to also have the smallest range, but since Version 7.0 Absolute Zero now has twice the range of a normal Ice Monkey.
- Even with the Version 17.0 buffs to its range, Super Brittle remains the smallest range out of any Tier 5 without "dummy" range.
- The second-smallest goes to The Tack Zone, at 30 range, compared to Super Brittle's 25 range.
- The upgrade icon for Super Brittle is displayed as shattered MOAB.
- The design of the Super Brittle monkey is likely inspired by the design of Yeti in Team Fortress 2 as seen in the official Jungle Inferno update trailer.
- The current upgrade description is erroneous. More specifically, MOAB-class bloons can be targeted and permanently slowed by the Permafrost effect but not be "frozen" quote-on-quote.