|“||Bloons take huge damage while frozen including MOAB-class Bloons.||”|
|~ BTD 6 Description|
Super Brittle is the fifth and final upgrade of Path 1 for the Ice Monkey in Bloons TD 6. It allows the tower to pop 5 layers of bloon, including MOAB-class Bloons (even BADs), White Bloons, and Zebra Bloons. It also attacks about 11% faster and gains the normal damage type, allowing its ice blasts to damage any bloon type. Any bloon, including MOAB-class Bloons, that is damaged by Super Brittle takes +4 damage from each attack for up to 3 seconds. MOAB-class Bloons (excluding BADs) are not frozen in place, but are permanently slowed down by 25% (via the Permafrost effect to MOAB-class).
It costs $25,500 on Easy, $30,000 on Medium, $32,400 on Hard, and $36,000 on Impoppable.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Despite its tiny range, Super Brittle is extremely effective in combination with high-DPS towers, specifically fast-attacking, high-projectile towers or spike-based towers. In combination with the permanent slowdown via Permafrost effects, the temporary debuff towards regular bloons and MOAB-class bloons can prove super effective at demolishing them, although the Super Brittle itself has rather low pierce for its price. Super Brittle benefits much from the range bonuses from Primary Mentoring, but otherwise it needs little support due to already having innate camo detection but low direct DPS.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Although the Ice Monkey becomes a massive support tower with this upgrade, it is important to note that it still has a really small radius, so placement is vital.
- It is best to place it around a hairpin bend, and planning in advance is almost always required.
- Due to the fact that it is considered a Primary Monkey, it can be buffed by Primary Training, Primary Mentoring and Primary Expertise to improve its small range.
- As its damage boost is additive rather than multiplicative, fast firing towers benefit hugely. Super Monkeys especially, Dark Knights, Dark Champions and the Legend of the Night, can annihilate most tougher M.O.A.B-Class Bloons. Towers that fire multiple projectiles and also benefit, such as Airburst Dart Monkey Subs, Bloonjitsu Ninjas, or Grape Shot Buccaneers with Double Shot. Spike-related attacks, such as Spike Factory spikes and Caltrops, similarly benefit greatly too.
- It is recommended to purchase a 5-2-0 Ice Monkey rather than a 5-0-2 as the monkey's fire rate is still slow.
- Re-Freeze is useless on this tower, as it gains the effects of the upgrade upon buying Super Brittle.
- As there is currently no visual indicator for blimps affected by the Super Brittle debuff, a working debuff is indicated through either seeing affected blimp(s) degrading quickly visually or by seeing a quick increase in damage count for the tower with the highest attack speed and/or projectile count.
Version History (BTD6)[edit | edit source]
Super Brittle range increased (20 --> 25)
Super Brittle now grants the Ice Monkey camo detection.
Super Brittle now also removes camo & regrow properties from anything hit
Super Brittle now applies Permafrost effect to blimps, although half the slowdown
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- As of Version 7.0, this upgrade has the smallest range out of any Tier-5 tower, excluding all towers whose "range" is represented for inclusion purposes (of which are Sniper Monkey, Heli Pilot, Monkey Ace, and Mortar Monkey).
- Absolute Zero used to also have the smallest range, but since Version 7.0 Absolute Zero now has twice the range of a normal Ice Monkey.
- Even with the Version 17.0 buffs to its range, Super Brittle remains the smallest range out of any Tier 5 without "dummy" range.
- The upgrade icon for Super Brittle is displayed as shattered MOAB.
- The design of the Super Brittle monkey is likely inspired by the design of Yeti in Team Fortress 2 as seen in the official Jungle Inferno update trailer.