|“||Channels power from the core of the Sun.||”|
|~ In-game description|
Sun Avatar is extremely similar to the Sun God upgrade from Bloons TD 4 and Bloons TD 5. It replaces the Super Monkey's Plasma Blasts with three angled solar rays and increasing pierce by +3 (6 in total) that can deal large amounts of overall damage to both normal bloons and MOAB-Class Bloons. Like the BTD5 Sun God, it is extremely potent at popping Bloons.
It costs $18,700 on Easy, $22,000 on Medium, $23,825 on Hard, and $26,400 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Sun Avatar is a super powerful upgrade capable of effectively soloing almost all mid-game rounds. With massive support, specifically with Monkey Commerce discount villages, Level 11+ Obyn Greenfoot, and Stronger Stimulant, one Sun Avatar alone can save a long way towards more expensive Tier 5 towers while still being useful late-game. It is best paired with the Knockback upgrade to provide general support at slowing down MOAB-class bloons and Ceramics, which can come in handy later on in the game from Rounds 81+. Compared to the other Tier 3 Super Monkey upgrades, Robo Monkey and Dark Knight, Sun Avatar has the strongest synergy potential but requires high support in order to reach its maximum potential.
The Sun Avatar upgrade has two major weaknesses, however. One of the weaknesses is its considerably high price, but the main weakness for the Sun Avatar is Purple Bloons (except with "Strike Down The False" Monkey Knowledge). Additionally, although less micromanagement is required for a Sun Avatar compared to alternate Super Monkey upgrades, Robo Monkey and Dark Knight, it cannot necessarily solo all mid-game rounds, as it still falls behind on Rounds 75, 76, and 78, so save other tower abilities on those rounds to support the Sun Avatar against those trouble rounds.
To counteract its major weaknesses, it is best to add a tower combo that is good at countering early mid-game while saving towards the Sun Avatar upgrade. Pairing with good early mid-game combos such as Bloonjitsu + Stronger Stimulant can easily address those issues. Saving up for it in the early mid-game is the hardest part, but it should be considerably easier to safely breeze through mid-game once this upgrade is bought, and this is where the use of discounts via Monkey Commerce and supports such as Obyn and Stronger Stimulant are especially important compared to alternate Super Monkey options.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- On most occasions, a 3-0-1 Sun Avatar is better than a 3-2-0 Sun Avatar. Due to the rapid attack speed, high pierce, and many projectiles that Sun Avatar produces, this becomes extremely helpful when paired with the stalling powers of Knockback as compared to bonus range and +1 pierce. In addition, having a 3-0-2 Sun Avatar allows upgrading to in-built camo detection via the Ultravision upgrade.
- Sun Avatars extremely benefit by Monkey Commerce discounts due to its high cost. If there is space for at least one Monkey Commerce Village nearby, do it before upgrading the Super Monkey to Sun Avatar.
- In fact, even one Monkey Commerce Village alone discounting just the Sun Avatar upgrade can single-handedly save more money than the cost of the Village itself.
- The Sun Avatar cannot pop Purple Bloons without the support of Monkey Village with Monkey Intelligence Bureau upgrade unless the "Strike Down The False" Monkey Knowledge ability is unlocked which allows it to pop Purple Bloons.
- It is important to bring support to pop these bloons.
- Contrary to popular belief, a 4-0-1 Alchemist is still a strong buff to place on a Sun Avatar due to its multi-projectile count and the attack speed buff from the Alchemist.
- In fact, it is one of the most efficient of the Super Monkeys to benefit from Stronger Stimulant effects, outputting up to 3x as much buff output compared to when applied to other types of Super Monkey.
- Utilizing Permanent Brew with Sun Avatars and a MIB can allow a Sun Avatar to easily solo all rounds except round 100 on most maps on its own.
- Despite having decent pierce, it can still struggle against rounds 76 and 78 without support even with maximum Monkey Knowledge.
Version History[edit | edit source]
- Sun Avatar price increased ($21,000 -> $22,000; While Laser Blast and Plasma Blast got a price buff, price nerf increase the net cost of Sun Avatar by $300 on Medium)
- Sun Avatar pierce is (indirectly) reduced (7 --> 6). This is due to the Plasma Blasts pierce bonus nerf.
- [bug fix] 3xx Sun Avatar no longer ignores blockers on High Finance
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Projectiles[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Highlighting the Sun Avatar will also highlight the tail, similar to other Super Monkeys with capes.
- A 3-0-2 Super Monkey is the most expensive tower below Tier-4 in the game.
- Sun Avatar is the most expensive upgrade below Tier 4, and therefore the most expensive upgrade to be affected by Monkey Commerce.
- Sun Temples and True Sun Gods with high-grade Magic sacrifices can summon temporary mini versions of the Sun Avatars with 4 damage per shot instead of 1.