|“||Channels power from the core of the Sun.||”|
|~ In-game description|
Sun Avatar is extremely similar to the Sun God upgrade from Bloons TD 4 and Bloons TD 5. It replaces the Super Monkey's Plasma Blasts with three angled solar rays and increasing pierce by +3 (6 in total) that can deal large amounts of overall damage to both normal bloons and MOAB-Class Bloons. Like the BTD5 Sun God, it is extremely potent at popping Bloons.
It costs $18,700 on Easy, $22,000 on Medium, $23,825 on Hard, and $26,400 on Impoppable.
- On most occasions, a 3-0-1 Sun Avatar is better than a 3-2-0 Sun Avatar. Due to the rapid attack speed, high pierce, and many projectiles that Sun Avatar produces, this becomes extremely helpful when paired with the stalling powers of Knockback as compared to bonus range and +1 pierce. In addition, having a 3-0-1 Sun Avatar allows upgrading to in-built camo detection via the Ultravision upgrade.
- 3-2-0 Sun Avatar has been utilised in unique Quad CHIMPS clears.
- Sun Avatars extremely benefit by Monkey Commerce discounts due to its high cost.
- The Sun Avatar cannot pop Purple Bloons without the support of Monkey Village with Monkey Intelligence Bureau upgrade unless the "Strike Down The False" Knowledge ability is unlocked which allows it to pop Purple Bloons.
- It is important to bring support to pop these bloons.
- Contrary to popular belief, a 4-0-2 Alchemist is still a strong buff to place on a Sun Avatar due to its multi-projectile count and the attack speed buff from the Alchemist.
- In fact, it is one of the most efficient of the Super Monkeys to benefit from Stronger Stimulant effects, outputting up to 3x as much buff output compared to when applied to other types of Super Monkey.
Sun Avatar price increased ($21,000 -> $22,000; While Laser Blast and Plasma Blast got a price buff, price nerf increase the net cost of Sun Avatar by $300 on Medium)
Sun Avatar pierce is (indirectly) reduced (7 --> 6). This is due to the Plasma Blasts pierce bonus nerf.
[bug fix] 3xx Sun Avatar no longer ignores blockers on High Finance
- Highlighting the Sun Avatar will also highlight the tail, similar to other Super Monkeys with capes.
- A 3-0-2 Super Monkey is the most expensive tower below Tier-4 in the game.
- Sun Avatar is the most expensive upgrade below Tier 4, and therefore the most expensive upgrade to be affected by Monkey Commerce.