|“||Summon Phoenix ability: Powerful phoenix wreaks Bloon havoc for 20 seconds.||”|
|~ BTD6 upgrade description|
Summon Phoenix is the fourth upgrade of Path 2 for the Wizard Monkey in BTD6. It grants the Wizard Monkey with an ability to summon a phoenix that continuously shoots flames directed at the closest bloons. Each phoenix flame is shot every 0.1s and deals 3 damage without the damage-over-time burning effects. Like all airborne towers, the phoenix can ignore Line of Sight. It lasts for up to 20 seconds (as long as the parent Wizard is on screen), and it has a 60-second cooldown.
It costs $3400 on Easy, $4000 on Medium, $4320 on Hard, and $4800 on Impoppable.
The Wizard Monkey grows a mustache and wings grow on its hat.
Summon Phoenix Ability InfoEdit
Upon activation, a deadly Phoenix will appear. It shoots a continuous blast of flames aimed at the closest bloons, each dealing 3 damage per flame. The Phoenix will last for 20 seconds before disappearing. Unlike BTD5, an initial cooldown is required prior to activation of any newly upgraded Summon Phoenix Wizards. Phoenix cannot pop purple bloons but can pop camo bloons even without camo detection. Cooldown is 60 seconds.
- 0-4-2 Wizards are the preferred crosspath when getting this upgrade. Unfortunately, the Dragon's Breath flames are neither able to pass through walls or do +1 damage, even with top-path upgrades. Bottom path upgrades, however, increase pierce and grant camo detection correctly, making it superior. However, crosspaths have no effect at all for the phoenix.
- Selling the Wizard removes the phoenix, so take caution before selling the Wizard.
Summon Phoenix costs less ($5000 --> $4000)
Summon Phoenix ability damage increased from 1 to 2
Summon Phoenix ability damage increased from 2 to 3
Summon Phoenix projectile speed increased from 200 to 300
1-4-0 Wizard now uses tower targeting priority to guide the Wall of Fire
Wall of Fire pierce decreased (20 --> 15). Requires Intense Magic for 20 pierce Walls of Fire.
Summon Phoenix summon states now save between games
Affected by Dragon's Breath crosspath buffs
- In BTD6, this upgrade is now on separate paths to the Monkey Sense upgrade. However, the phoenix can still detect Camos even without the main tower having camo detection.
- The Phoenix's flight path is the same as Centered Path in Bloons Tower Defense 6.
- Unlike BTD5, the phoenix will constantly shoot flames at bloons as long as it is active, regardless of distance from the bloons.
- Summon Phoenix is the 73rd unique 2MPC tower upgrade listed on the fan-official 2MPC spreadsheet, as shown here. This is also the first debut of a new 2MPC tower on the Version 19.x series, specifically on Version 19.2.