|“||Submerge targeting option permanently reveals Camo Bloons in its radius.||”|
|~ Upgrade description in BTD6|
Submerge and Support (sometimes referred as Decamo Sub) is the third upgrade of Path 1 for the Monkey Sub in BTD6. Once purchased, the Monkey Sub will gain a new targeting option "Submerge" and will automatically become submerged. While set on "Submerge" targeting, it cannot attack with darts, but instead it produces a regular no-damage radar attack capable of decamoing Camo Bloons (including DDTs) every 1.5s (1.275s with Twin Guns, 0.956s with Airburst Darts). Unlike Shimmer, the radar attack has infinite pierce but is limited to 52 range instead of ~80 range.
It costs $425 on Easy, $500 on Medium, $540 on Hard, and $600 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
The second-cheapest form of camo countermeasures is the use of Submerge and Support to strip camo properties. Although it deals no damage while submerged, its decamo power is reliable compared to its exceptionally low price. Because of how cost-effective it is, even one Submerge and Support can be used as the sole anti-camo option for an entire game on easier maps.
It is a lot more versatile compared to other anti-camo options, as it can be crosspathed with alternate upgrades for extra value specifically while unsubmerged, specifically Path 2 for the Heat-Tipped Darts upgrade to pop early Leads, and Path 3 for the unsubmerged extra damage output from Airburst Darts with the added benefit of quicker decamo rates while submerged. Not only that, a submerged Submerge and Support Sub pairs well with Lead to Gold and Rubber to Gold, as a submerged Submerge and Support Sub can decamo bloons without dealing damage.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- For most cases, it is better off going for 3-0-2 rather than 3-2-0, as the Path 2 crosspaths are useless for the sonar attack. However, it is usually adequate just to stick with 3-0-0 unless it is for decamoing bloons faster once it becomes necessary, particularly against faster camo bloons.
- In certain spots on certain maps, Submerge and Support can decamo all bloons throughout the game.
- Note that the Bloontonium Reactor can reveal camo bloons more reliably and deal damage to them.
- In a pinch, it is possible to unsubmerge the sub to use its main attack.
- Constantly changing the targeting option between Submerge and any other targeting option can reset allow the attacks to begin manually, but this does not reset the cooldowns of any of its attacks.
- Beware of Round 100 if Submerge and Support is your only decamo as the DDTs can spawn in an unfavourable spot for the Sub.
- The Submerge and Support is a good option to start of a game of 2 MegaPops. After setting up your defense, submerge the sub to reveal camo while not stealing pops and unsubmerge to attack when needed.
Update History (BTD6)[edit | edit source]
- Submerge and Support has more range (50 --> 52)
- 3-0-1 Submerge and Support Sub gains increased pulse rate (1.5s -> 1.275)
- 3-0-2 Submerge and Support Sub gains increased pulse rate (1.5s -> 0.95625)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In BTD6, this upgrade automatically submerges the Monkey Sub, while in the BTD5 generation it did not.
- 3-0-0 Submerge and Support is the second-cheapest decamo tower ($1455 on Medium), second to Counter-Espionage ($1350 on Medium).