|“||Grants +5 pierce and +1 damage to all Subs in its radius||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Sub Commander is the final upgrade in Path 3 for the Monkey Sub in BTD6. It allows the Sub to grant +5 pierce and +1 damage to all Monkey Subs in its radius, including itself. The Sub Commander also attacks 2x faster than Triple Guns. Alone, this upgrade is generally not worth the cost, but when combined with many other Subs, this upgrade allows the nearby Monkey Sub army to deal immense damage to Bloons. It costs $21,250 on Easy, $25,000 on Medium, $27,000 on Hard, and $30,000 on Impoppable.
- It is recommended players place the tower in the center of an area with lots of water (such as Spice Islands, Cubism, Peninsula, #Ouch) to maximize its potential. Even low-level Subs become much more effective when combined with this tower and Triple Gun or Armor-Piercing Subs can even destroy Z.O.M.G.s when positioned correctly.
- When utilizing the special +5 pierce and +1 damage that Sub Commander provides to nearby Subs, it's best to start off with spamming in x-x-3 Subs, rather than x-x-4 Subs, since one Armor Piercing Darts Sub does not deal nearly as much DPS when compared to two Triple Guns Subs for similar price (assuming both are under Sub Commander effect).
- A Monkey Knowledge upgrade exists that allows the Sub Commander to affect ALL Monkey Subs on screen. (Sub Admiral)
- If the "Sub Admiral" Monkey Knowledge is not unlocked or is inactive, it is best to crosspath Sub Commander to 2-0-5 rather than 0-2-5, as the extra range will allow a greater quantity of Subs to be provided the special Sub Commander benefits. In addition, the Advanced Intel special range will allow the Sub Commander's increased attack speed to become utilized to the optimal potential.
- Sub Commander is able to beat Round 63 on its own on most maps, provided it or other towers can pop Lead Bloons.
Sub Commander now also buffs itself.
Sub Commander now has 2x attack speed.
Description translation fixed.
Sub Commander airburst dart pierce decreased (11 --> 10)
- Sub Commander used to have no effect on itself. This was fixed as of Version 8.0.
- In addition, Sub Commander now has an additional 2x attack speed to itself only.