|“||Allows Monkey Ace to hit Camo Bloons and do more damage to them.||”|
|~ In-game description|
Spy Plane is the second upgrade of Path 2 for the Monkey Ace in Bloons TD 6. It allows the Monkey Ace to detect and pop Camo Bloons and deal +1 damage to them with any attack and further upgrades. Monkey Aces with this upgrade also drop pineapples, as this is the upgrade after Exploding Pineapple.
The Spy Plane retains the general shape and color of all tier-2 monkey aces that imitate the Sopwith Camel design, but with two pairs of concentric blue and yellow circles. The pilot goggles are now worn on the eyes with a blue reflection. The Rapid Fire upgrade adds two red lines across the front of the wings. Lots More Darts turns the fuselage gray. Sharper Shots turns the edges of the wings red. Centered Path turns the entire ace red.
- Circle: Flight pattern becomes a circular path around the runway.
- Figure Infinite: Flight pattern becomes the shape of the infinite symbol (∞). As the Monkey Ace flies, it will pass its runway during its flight, specifically at each half of the whole flight path.
- Figure Eight: Flight pattern becomes the shape of the number 8. As the Monkey Ace flies, it will pass its runway during its flight, specifically at each half of the whole flight path.
- Wingmonkey: Instead of a fixed flight path, the Monkey Ace will attempt to fly as close to the path as possible, similarly to an Aircraft Carrier Plane. Available only via the Wingmonkey MK.
- Reverse Flight: Shown by an icon of a reverse aircraft, the Ace will reverse direction of flight. Unlike other target priorities such as Change Hands, there is a cooldown of 5 seconds before being able to reverse flight direction again. It can be coupled with all flight options except Wingmonkey.
- Updated as of Version 32.0. Listed prices exclude external buffs, any sacrifices, and Monkey Knowledge.
The Spy Plane upgrade allows the Monkey Ace to detect camo. However, utilizing this crosspath requires forgoing the damage per second boost of the "Rapid Fire" and "Lots More Darts" upgrades in Path 1 or pierce boost of "Sharper Darts" in Path 3. So, it is generally recommended to provide ace Camo Detection from external sources like Radar Scanner or Etienne. The exception, of course, would be if going for a middle-path bomber ace or if there are camo-detection restrictions, as in the case of Challenges and Two-Tower Chimps runs.
Starting from Version 31.0, which now deals bonus damage to Camo Bloons, Spy Plane can be viable as a specialization against Camo Bloons.
- Although the lower-tier Ace is not the most reliable camo-popping source, the Spy Plane upgrade is a useful stepping stone to obtain higher-tier Aces.
|Not enough images!|
There are not enough images on this page to sufficiently complete this page or section. You can help by expanding it by uploading some images related to the article's subject(s).
In particular, this article needs: Spy Plane bonus damage effect; try sending loads of Camo Whites and loads of normal Whites and see the difference.
- Spy Plane is the only returning upgrade in BTD6 where the name has the word "plane" as the second word.
- 0-2-3 Neva-Miss Targeting wears goggles covering the pilot's eyes, but the pilot in the 3-2-0 Fighter Plane wears two pairs of goggles. Until a certain update, 3-2-0 Fighter Plane didn't wear goggles that covered the pilot's eyes.