|“||Grows thorned vines along the path, dealing constant damage, regenerating lives and providing money every round.||”|
|~ In-game description|
Spirit of the Forest is the final upgrade in the 2nd path for the Druid in BTD6. When purchased, it slowly begins growing thorned vines along the track that deal 2 damage (10 to Ceramics and 6 to MOAB-class bloons) every 0.5 seconds and will give $1,000 every round it is on-screen. The vine attack can pop Camo Bloons but not Leads (unless Monkey Intelligence Bureau or similar is nearby the Druid). Additionally, the ability now grants 25 lives per usage alongside the normal Jungle's Bounty effect.
It costs $29,750 on Easy, $35,000 on Medium, $37,800 on Hard, $42,000 on Impoppable.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Besides the improved Jungle's Bounty ability and bonus $1000 income per round, the Spirit of the Forest is a decent offense option against regular bloons. Its infinite pierce from its near-global range vines is a major virtue of this tower, allowing it to always constantly deal damage to bloons. Similarly to the Glaive Lord's orbital glaives, the Spirit of the Forest works the best if bloons are slowed as much as possible, so as to provide as much time to slowly destroy bloons as possible. Although not the most useful Tier 5 on CHIMPS, it is still viable on CHIMPS Mode, especially after numerous buffs applied to it.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Note that an invisible circle surrounds it that dictates when and where the vines will grow. The circle will expand over time, covering more area and growing more vines. This means that the closer it is to the track, the quicker the vines will grow.
- Once the vines grow, they are on permanently, until the tower is sold so it is vital to keep it on field as once the tower is sold, all vines are immediately destroyed.
- The vines will remain on the track forever and have infinite popping power, being very powerful throughout rounds 60-100.
- An x-3-x Village (Monkey Intelligence Bureau) allows the vines to pop Leads and DDTs, regardless of when it's bought.
- The Vine Rupture Monkey Knowledge allows the druid to explode every vine segment on the screen at once, dealing 50 damage from each segment and stunning all remaining bloons.
- Try to use Vine Rupture when there are a lot of weak Bloons on screen. Be careful when using Vine Rupture though, as the vines will need to grow back once exploded.
- Pair with 0-1-3 or 0-2-3 MOAB Glue for extra effect against MOAB-class bloons, and add 0-3-2 Glue Hose for extra effect against Super Ceramics.
- On lengthy maps such as Logs, Spirit of the Forest can solo all rounds up to 82, provided Monkey Intelligence Bureau is applied.
Version History[edit | edit source]
Spirit of the Forest's Jungle's Bounty income ability is now limited to three uses per round, to prevent infinite stalling income
Spirit of the Forest +1 damage to all attacks
Spirit of the Forest track vines now deal +4 damage to ceramics & MOABs
Spirit of the Forest's T3 Jungle Vine attack targets bloons about 20% faster
Spirit of the Forest's Jungle's Bounty income ability (along with other income-based abilities) now undergo the full initial cooldown before initial ability usage
Spirit of the Forest's life-gaining mechanic no longer activates automatically after each round, but now is gained whenever the ability is activated.
- Base range increased from 35 -> 55.
- Jungle's Bounty ability range reduced to match base tower range (75 --> 55).
- Jungle's Bounty ability cash gained per farm reduced from $150->$100.
- Spirit of the Forest ceramic damage bonus increased from +4 to +8
- Spirit of the Forest's cost decreased ($50,000 --> $35,000)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This tower is one of the few towers that retains the same ability when upgrading to Tier-5.
- Note that the player can have a maximum of 5025 lives, with 5000 normal lives and 25 from Mana Shield if purchased, which is enough to survive multiple D.D.T.s or M.O.A.B.s. This is also enough to survive two B.F.B.s, or one Fortified B.F.B.
- It takes 200 uses of the ability to gain the maximum 5000 normal lives assuming the player starts with 1 life and can gain more lives.
- Spirit of the Forest can theoretically solo an unlimited number of unbuffed ZOMGs and DDTs (with MIB), due to the infinite pierce of its vines, however this is not possible in practice due to the Round 81+ buffs to Ceramics and MOAB-class bloons.
- Currently there is a glitch with the vines spawned, every 4th Ceramic spawned via D.D.Ts or M.O.A.Bs will not be damaged. This has not yet been patched.
- Spirit of the Forest is one of three towers referenced by a hero, with Obyn Greenfoot saying "The Spirits of the Forest awaken." The other two are Blooncineration mentioned by Gwendolin and the Sun God mentioned by Captain Churchill.
- There currently exists a bug whereby the money counter does not increase if using the Jungle's Bounty ability. Strangely enough, the +$1000 per round feature adding to the money counter works correctly as intended. This was fixed for the Jungle's Bounty and Spirit of the Forest as of Version 22.0.
- The Spirit of the Forest's vines explode with the Vine Rupture Monkey Knowledge. This suggests that the Spirit of the Forest's vines are made out of something other than vines.