|“||Spike Storm ability: Shoots out a thick layer of spikes over the entire track.||”|
|~ BTD6 upgrade description|
Spike Storm is the fourth upgrade for Path 2 for the Spike Factory in Bloons Tower Defense 6. It grants an ability that spawns 200 spike piles roughly evenly all over the track. Just like MOAB SHREDR, the previous upgrade, all spikes from this Spike Factory including those from the ability will deal +4 damage to MOAB-class bloons, inflicting up to 5 damage to those bloon types per spike. Cooldown for this ability is 40 seconds, and spike piles spawned from the ability last for up to 20 seconds before each spike pile starts disappearing.
It costs $4250 on Easy, $5000 on Medium, $5400 on Hard, and $6000 on Impoppable.
- 2-4-0 Spike Storm is useful for countering DDTs and inflicting large damage against singular BADs.
- One 2-4-0 Spike Factory costs $12,205 on Hard Mode.
- The Spike Storm ability is more effective on shorter maps and maps with no multiple entries and/or exits, as the spike storms are densely packed. This makes it a very viable option for maps like #Ouch or Geared.
- Spike Storm and its ability is weak against Super Ceramics, so use this with caution.
- Always go for Path 1 over Path 3, particularly because Spike Storms are much stronger with the increased spikes from Bigger Stacks.
Version History (BTD6)Edit
Spike Storm costs less ($6000 --> $5000)
Spike Storm (as well as MOAB-SHREDR) deals increased damage to MOAB-class (4 --> 5)
Spike Storm ability now (correctly) deals +1 damage to MOAB-class as intended
- Spike Storm cooldown was decreased overall since initial release of BTD6. Instead of 60 seconds in BTD5, it is now 40 seconds.
- In BTD6, Spike Storm costed $6000 (Medium price) on initial release, instead of $6500.
- On earlier versions of BTD6, particularly on initial release, Spike Storm with Bigger Stacks or White Hot Spikes only featured a larger spout with a black color instead of red, without the change in the body color.