|“||Converts the Dart Monkey into a Spike-o-pult that hurls a large spiked ball instead of darts. Good range, but slower attack speed. Each ball can pop lots of Bloons.||”|
|~ BTD6 Descripion|
Spike-O-Pult is the third upgrade of Path 1 for the Dart Monkey in Bloons Tower Defense 6. With this upgrade, the Dart Monkey becomes a catapult operator, shooting out bouncy spiked balls that pop many more bloons and last longer. Each Spike-O-Pult ball pops up to 22 (23 with Monkey Knowledge) bloons, deals one additional damage to ceramics, and can pop Frozen Bloons. Just like its BTD4 and BTD5 counterparts, attack speed decreases with this upgrade, specifically from per 0.95s to 1.15s.
It costs $255 on Easy, $300 on Medium, $325 on Hard, and $360 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Spike-O-Pult possesses very high pierce compared to its low cost. To maximize its substantial pierce, a Spike-O-Pult is best placed along straight lines to pop many bloons along the line. Dart Monkeys with the Spike-O-Pult upgrade attack slower, however, so placement is key. It is decent on maps with obstacles, such as on Hedge or Moon Landing, because the spiked balls can bounce off walls. Otherwise, a Spike-O-Pult generally serves as a stepping stone to Juggernaut.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Because of its great pierce for its cost, a Spike-O-Pult is useful in Race Events, especially with the Path 2 crosspaths.
- Spike-O-Pult actually has more pierce than its earlier game counterparts, with 22 pierce instead of 18. It is still not as much as Juggernaut, but the spiked balls can pop quite a high number of Bloons per shot.
Version History[edit | edit source]
- Spike-O-Pult now bounces off obstacles
- Spike-O-Pult now can damage Frozen Bloons.
- Spike-O-Pult attack speed penalty decreased (1.25s → 1.15s). Does not affect Juggernaut.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It is the cheapest 3rd tier upgrade in Bloons TD 6, at $300. The second cheapest goes to Triple Shot, at $400.
- The cost of the Spike-O-Pult upgrade in BTD6 is the same as it did in BTD4.
- The Spike-O-Pult upgrade shrinks the Dart Monkey operating it.
- Contrary to the regular Bloons games, the Spike-O-Pult pops Frozen Bloons, but the spiked balls from the Spiky Bloon do not.