|“||Gives the monkey a catapult that hurls giant spiked balls.||”|
|~ BTD 4 Description|
|“||Converts the Dart Monkey into a Spike-O-Pult, a powerful tower that hurls a large spiked ball instead of darts. Good range, but slower attack speed. Each ball can pop 18 bloons.||”|
|~ BTD5 Description|
The Spike-O-Pult is an upgrade for the Dart Monkey that appears in BTD4, BTD5, BTD Battles, and Bloons Monkey City. It changes the projectile of the Dart Monkey to a large spiked ball with higher pierce but slower attack rate.
Bloons TD 4[edit | edit source]
In Bloons TD 4 and Bloons TD 4 Expansion, this upgrade is the Dart Monkey's third upgrade. On Easy this upgrade costs $255, on Medium it costs $300, and on Hard it costs $325. The Triple Shot upgrade from Bloons TD 3 was renamed for Bloons TD 4. It became the Dart Monkey's 4th upgrade and was called Multi Shot. Place these towers at the end of long lines with target priority set to last for maximum effectiveness. Spiked balls will not explode if you have Splodey Darts.
Bloons TD 5[edit | edit source]
In Bloons TD 5, it is about 3x bigger than previous versions. The Spike-O-Pult is the third upgrade on the first path of the Dart Monkey; and it costs $425 on Easy, $500 on Medium, $540 on Hard and $600 on Impoppable.
Differences Between BTD5 Flash and BTD5 Mobile[edit | edit source]
Super Monkey Fan Club can affect Spike-O-pults.
Update History (Bloons TD Battles Mobile)[edit | edit source]
Super Monkey Fan Club no longer affects Spike-O-Pults (or Juggernauts).
Spike-O-pult popping power increased (18 → 40).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
- The Spike-o-pult appears to be based on the onager, a type of catapult that uses tension to power the shot. The mangolnel is named after a wild species of donkey because of the intense force with which the projectile is shot, causing the device to jump forward every shot.
- The way the monkey holds the Spike-O-Pult changes as the Bloons TD series progresses. In Bloons TD 3, he holds it with his right hand, in Bloons TD 4 he holds it with his tail, and in Bloons TD 5, he holds it with both hands.
- The Spike-O-Pult is an upgrade to the Dart Monkey, but in BTD3 and before the Spike-O-Pult was its own tower. This makes it the first tower to become an upgrade for another tower.
BTD4[edit | edit source]
- The Spike-O-Pult upgrade shrinks the Dart Monkey operating it.
BTD5[edit | edit source]
- In BTD5 if you have Splodey Darts, it won't explode until they have popped 18 bloons or hit a lead bloon, so Splodey Darts are not very useful with Spike-O-Pult.
- If players place a 2-0 Dart Monkey near a Dart Monkey with Super Monkey Fan Club upgrade, then if the player uses the ability and once the 2-0 Dart Monkey has transformed into a Super Monkey, upgrade it to Spike-O-Pult then it change into a Spike-O-Pult Dart Monkey but it will shoot as fast as a Super Monkey for the duration of the Super Monkey Fan Club ability. It also happens with the Juggernaut upgrade if players upgrade to it fast enough.
- This only occurs in flash versions of BTD5, BTD Battles and BMC (?).
- If it has already been upgraded, it will turn into a Super Monkey who occasionally throws spiked balls.
- Although the Dart Monkey appears to have shrunk in size with the Spike-O-Pult upgrade, it is actually the same size compared to a normal Dart Monkey.
Gallery[edit | edit source]