|“||Deploys a powerful special Monkey Marine with machine gun.||”|
Special Poperations is the final upgrade of Path 2 for the Heli Pilot in BTD6. Alongside making its own crate ability gain more cash/lives (2x more cash and 2x more lives), it also adds another ability that drops one temporary "Marine" monkey in-game upon activation which shoots like a fast-shooting Super Monkey with limited range that pops 6 layers per shot and has 30 pierce per dart, despite appearing like a Full Auto Rifle. The Marine can also pop Camo and Leads, making it effective against most Bloon types.
Special Poperations also greatly increase the Heli Pilot's movement speed, making it the fastest aircraft-based tower.
It costs $25,500 on Easy, $30,000 on Medium, $32,400 on Hard and $36,000 on Impoppable.
Upon activation, the Special Poperations Chinook will deploy the Marine near the closest land spot relative to the Special Poperations Chinook. The Marine lasts for 30 seconds and has a 40-second cooldown.
Supply Crate AbilityEdit
Upon activation, the Special Poperations Chinook will drop a crate of cash or lives, alternating between them for each activation. These crates give more cash and lives than the previous iteration (specifically 2x more cash and 2x more lives), but function the same.
Pickup Tower AbilityEdit
Upon activation, the screen will change to show what towers can be moved, with targets on towers that can be moved. Selecting a moveable tower will allow the player to reposition the tower. After repositioning a tower, the Special Poperations Chinook will move to the tower, pick up the tower, move to the new position, then drop the tower. The ability remains unchanged from the previous iteration.
The list of towers that cannot be moved remains the same:
- All Banana Farms
- All Monkey Villages
- Sun Temples and the True Sun God
- Aircraft Carriers and the Carrier Flagship
- All temporary towers
- Monkey Ace landing pads
- Heli Pilot landing pads
Version History (BTD6)Edit
Cooldown for Marine decreased (50s --> 40s)
Special Poperations' Marine is no longer affected by Alchemist buffs.
Special Poperations' Marine now consumes 0 footprint.
- This upgrade has the most number of different abilities per tower, with three different abilities for the same tower. However, the Support Chinook has gained two abilities, while Special Poperations has only one bonus ability.
- As of version 7.0, this is now tied with Ezili.
- "Poperations" is a portmanteau of "pop" and "operations."
- The icon for the Marine drop ability is the same picture for the Elite Defender upgrade for the Sniper, although it lacks the body and legs. Instead of orange, it has blue goggles.
- Unfortunately, the ability does not summon Elite Defenders but rather Full-Auto Rifle sniper monkeys called Marines.
- The Marine monkey can beat round 76 by himself.
- The Marine monkey will never drop on the track.