Special Agent Pros are permanent upgrades for Special Agents. A Special Agent can be upgraded to its pro version by placing that Special Agent a certain number of times. This update was released on April 19, 2012.
BTD5 Agents[edit | edit source]
The number of times placed to receive the pro upgrades (along with some information) are as follows:
- Tribal Turtle turns to Tribal Turtle Pro: Using it 50 times
- Bloonsday Device turns to Bloonsday Device Pro: Using it 20 times
- Meerkat Spy turns to Meerkat Spy Pro: Using it 50 times
- Bloonberry Bush turns to Bloonberry Bush Pro: Using it 50 times
- Beekeeper turns to Beekeeper Pro: Using it 40 times
- Angry Squirrel turns to Angry Squirrel Pro: Using it 50 times
- Super Monkey Storm turns into Super Monkey Storm Pro: Using it 50 times
- Pontoon turns into Pontoon Pro: Using it 50 times.
- Portable Lake turns into Portable Lake Pro: Using it 50 times.
BTD5 Deluxe exclusive agents[edit | edit source]
- Monkey Farmer Turns into Monkey Farmer Pro: Using it 50 times.
- Watermelon Spitter Turns into Watermelon Spitter Pro: Using it 50 times.
- Mad Snowman Turns into Mad Snowman Pro: Using it 50 times.
- Snowman now lasts 20 rounds before melting, has a faster pop and freeze attack, and an Abominable Activated Ability that gives him turbo snowballs.
- Cost: 60 × 50 = 3000. unlimited
BTD5 Mobile exclusive agents[edit | edit source]
- Radadactyl Turns into Radadactyl Pro: Using it 40 times.
Updates[edit | edit source]
- On April 19, 2012, Special Agent Pros were added to the game.
- On September 27, 2012, until October 1st, all Special Agents were pro, whether the player has achieved the pro for them or not.
- On November 30, 2012, all Special Agents were pro until December 3rd.
- (Bloons TD 5 Mobile) On May 31, 2013, all Special Agents were pro until June 3rd.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Generally, the more expensive a Special Agent is, the fewer times it needs to be used for its Pro to be unlocked.
- It costs a total of 34,050 in total to unlock all Pro Special Agents.
- Placing the Special Agent down is what counts towards the "Pro" Count.
- Any Special Agents used before the Special Agent Pro Update was added do not count towards the "Pro Count".
- A Special Agent's Pro Count can be monitored by looking below the Special Agent inside the Special Agent hut.
- Free Special Agents given during Daily Challenges do not count towards the "Pro Count".
- The cheapest Special Agent Pros are the Pontoon Pro, Portable Lake Pro, and the Monkey Farmer Pro. The most expensive among the Special Agent Pros are the Bloonsday Device Pro and the Watermelon Spitter Pro.
- The amount of Monkey Money it takes to get a Portable Lake Pro, a Pontoon Pro or a Monkey Farmer Pro could buy you only 8 Bloonsday Devices.
- The Angry Squirrel Pro has a spelling error in its description. The error is that "acorns" are spelt "acrons".
NOTE: You will unlock the Wizard Lord when you get all the Pros, see Wizard Lord in the special mission. (It will not take away towers) - Wizard Lord = 4-4 Wizard.