|“||Bind as many souls as you dare to the Wizard and it just might save your life...||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Soulbind was the final upgrade of Path 3 for the Wizard Monkey. It allowed the player to bind as many towers as they wished to sacrifice them for extra lives when the bloons escape. It costed $20,400 on Easy, $24,000 on Medium, $25,920 on Hard, and $28,800 on Impoppable.
It was replaced by Prince of Darkness since Version 2.0.
To Soulbind a tower, tap the Soulbind ability and select the tower to be sacrificed, and then the tower will be ready to be sacrificed at will. A short 10-second cooldown is required to soulbind the next tower.
The amount of lives gained depended on the monetary value of the towers; a higher value would result in more lives gained from a sacrifice. When a tower was sacrificed, you would get one life for every $100 sacrificed in financial value for the Medium Difficulty price (regardless of difficulty).
- Soulbind attacked at the same speed as Necromancer: Unpopped Army, unlike the replacement Tier-5 upgrade Prince of Darkness.
- Soulbind's concept would later be incorporated into Adora's Blood Sacrifice ability, but in her case it sacrifices towers for hero XP.
- This is the only upgrade removed from BTD6.
- This upgrade was the first instance of a tower having an Activated Ability in its Bottom Path.
- As of Version 17.0, the bottom path for the Super Monkey also has an ability.