|“||Snowstorm Ability: Freezes all bloons on screen, and briefly freezes white, zebra, camo and MOAB class.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Snowstorm is the fourth upgrade of Path 2 for the Ice Monkey.
It grants the Ice Monkey an activated ability, which does 1 damage to all bloons on screen other than Whites and Zebras, then proceeds to freeze all bloons. It freezes most bloons for 4 seconds, but freezes MOABs, Camos, Whites and Zebras for 2 seconds. Cooldown is 60 seconds upon activation, along with a 20 second initial cooldown prior to first activation upon purchase. Additionally, the upgrade grants the Ice Monkey with +10 range (equivalent to +50% extra range).
It costs $2550 on Easy, $3000 on Medium, $3240 on Hard, and $3600 on Impoppable.
- On most occasions, it is best to purchase 0-4-2 for the extra range and the freeze-stalling of Ceramics from Re-Freeze.
- Much of its use is similar to its lower tier counterparts, including Ceramic stalling from Ice Monkeys in general and platforming with Arctic Wind.
- While its ability is decent, it mostly only sees use on Round 99, where there are few enough DDTs, or on Round 95, to clump a partial number of DDTs slightly closer together.
- There is an unlockable Monkey Knowledge Point named "Hypothermia" that allows the Snowstorm ability to freeze Whites and Zebras for longer, but it still does not allow it to pop them.
Ability duration increased. (unknown --> 4 seconds)
Snowstorm increases attack range. (20 --> 30)
Ability also freezes MOABs, white, and zebra bloons briefly.
Snowstorm now costs more ($1800 --> $3000). Overall costs $600 less due to Arctic Wind price drop.
- Description used to be "Snowstorm Ability: Freezes all Bloons on screen for a short time", but was since changed in Version 8.0 due to a buff.
- Even though Leads are usually immune to ice attacks, the Snowstorm ability can freeze Leads and Fortified Leads for the full duration.
- The artwork shows the Ice Monkey levitating above a mountain, but the in-game tower shows the Ice Monkey standing on it.