|“||Snowstorm Ability: Freezes all bloons on screen, and briefly freezes white, zebra, camo and MOAB class.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Snowstorm is the fourth upgrade of Path 2 for the Ice Monkey.
It grants the Ice Monkey an activated ability, which does 1 damage to all bloons on screen other than Whites and Zebras, then proceeds to freeze all bloons. It freezes most bloons for 4 seconds, but freezes MOABs, Camos, Whites and Zebras for 2 seconds. Cooldown is 60 seconds upon activation, along with a 20 second initial cooldown prior to first activation upon purchase. Additionally, the upgrade grants the Ice Monkey with +10 range (equivalent to +50% extra range).
It costs $2550 on Easy, $3000 on Medium, $3240 on Hard, and $3600 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
The ability for Snowstorm is brief and comes with an extensive cooldown, but in certain situations it can make a big difference with turning the tides of the game. When used wisely, it can clump up MOAB-class bloons and stops all bloons in place temporarily, allowing more time for other towers to destroy bloons. Using the ability willy-nilly, conversely, can detriment the defenses, especially for defenses that find it hard to counter Frozen Bloons.
The one other benefit for Snowstorm comes from the extended range, extending the effects of Arctic Wind further. This allows bloons to be slowed down at a further range, and it improves the range at which land towers can be placed on water.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- On most occasions, it is best to purchase 0-4-2 for the extra range and the freeze-stalling of Ceramics from Re-Freeze.
- Much of its use is similar to its lower tier counterparts, including Ceramic stalling from Ice Monkeys in general and platforming with Arctic Wind.
- While its ability is decent, it mostly only sees use on Round 99, where there are few enough DDTs, or on Round 95, to clump a partial number of DDTs slightly closer together.
- There is an unlockable Monkey Knowledge Point named "Hypothermia" that allows the Snowstorm ability to freeze Whites and Zebras for longer, but it still does not allow it to pop them.
Version History[edit | edit source]
Ability duration increased. (unknown --> 4 seconds)
Snowstorm increases attack range. (20 --> 30)
Ability also freezes MOABs, white, and zebra bloons briefly.
Snowstorm now costs more ($1800 --> $3000). Overall costs $600 less due to Arctic Wind price drop.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Description used to be "Snowstorm Ability: Freezes all Bloons on screen for a short time", but was since changed in Version 8.0 due to a buff.
- Even though Leads are usually immune to ice attacks, the Snowstorm ability can freeze Leads and Fortified Leads for the full duration.
- The artwork shows the Ice Monkey levitating above a mountain, but the in-game tower shows the Ice Monkey standing on it.
- Snowstorm used to be the only Tier 4 ability upgrade that is cheaper than its preceding Tier 3 upgrade, until the Rocket Storm upgrade was released for the Dartling Gunner in Version 22.0.