|“||Snowstorm Ability: Freezes all bloons on screen, and briefly freezes white, zebra, camo and MOAB class.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Snowstorm is the fourth upgrade of Path 2 for the Ice Monkey.
It grants the Ice Monkey an activated ability, which does 1 damage to all bloons on screen other than Whites and Zebras, then proceeds to freeze all bloons. It freezes most bloons for 4 seconds, but freezes MOABs, Camos, Whites and Zebras for 2 seconds. Cooldown is 60 seconds upon activation, along with a 20 second initial cooldown prior to first activation upon purchase. Additionally, the upgrade grants the Ice Monkey with +10 range (equivalent to +50% extra range).
It costs $2550 on Easy, $3000 on Medium, $3240 on Hard, and $3600 on Impoppable.
- On most occasions, it is best to purchase 0-4-2 for the extra range and the freeze-stalling of Ceramics from Re-Freeze.
- Much of its use is similar to its lower tier counterparts, including Ceramic stalling from Ice Monkeys in general and platforming with Arctic Wind.
- While its ability is decent, it mostly only sees use on Round 99, where there are few enough DDTs, or on Round 95, to clump a partial number of DDTs slightly closer together.
- There is an unlockable Monkey Knowledge Point named "Hypothermia" that allows the Snowstorm ability to pop Whites and Zebras.
Ability duration increased. (unknown --> 4 seconds)
Snowstorm increases attack range. (20 --> 30)
Ability also freezes MOABs, white, and zebra bloons briefly.
Snowstorm now costs more ($1800 --> $3000). Overall costs $600 less due to Arctic Wind price drop.
- Description used to be "Snowstorm Ability: Freezes all Bloons on screen for a short time", but was since changed in Version 8.0 due to a buff.