|“||Armed with a high-tech long range rifle, pops 2 layers off of bloons with unlimited range.||”|
|~ Bloons TD 5 Description|
|“||Can shoot Bloons it can see anywhere on the screen with a long-range rifle, and pops 2 layers off Bloons hit by it.||”|
|~ Bloons Tower Defense 6 description|
Sniper Monkey is a tower that made its debut in Bloons TD 5. Its first ever appearance was in the Bloons TD 5 trailer that was released on November 29, 2011.
When the "first 20 rounds" game play video was released, it was revealed that the Sniper Monkey fires a powerful bullet to pop 2 layers of bloons at a time, making it one of the only towers in the Bloons Tower Defense series able to pop multiple layers of bloons without any upgrades, the other being the COBRA. It also has unlimited range like the Mortar Tower, so it can be strategically placed at locations far from the entrance. With no upgrades, this tower fires slowly compared to other towers.The amount of layers per shot is equal to amount of damage it deals to MOAB Class Bloons.
These are all the upgrades for the Sniper Monkey. Path 1 refers to the left upgrade path while Path 2 refers to the right upgrade path within the game.
|Full Metal Jacket|
Shots can pop through 4 layers of bloon - and can pop lead and frozen bloons.
Can pop an entire yellow bloon.
|Point Five Oh|
Shots can pop through 7 layers of bloon!
Can pop an entire lead bloon or zebra bloon.
Extreme accuracy and muzzle velocity cause up to 18 layers of bloon to be popped per shot - enough to destroy an entire Ceramic Bloon!
Bullets from this tower temporarily take out propulsion systems of MOAB-class bloons, immobilizing them for a short time.
|Total Sell Amount||$15616||$18360||$19828||$18624 ($19296 with path 2 upgrades)|
|Total Cost||$16495||$19400||$20955||$23280 ($24120 with path 2 upgrades)|
Allows Sniper to shoot 40% faster.
|Night Vision Goggles|
Allows Sniper to detect and shoot Camo bloons
Allows Sniper to take multiple shots and attack 3x as fast
Supply Drop Ability: Drops a crate giving between $500 and $1500.
|Total Sell Amount||$11296||$13280||$14340||$15888 ($18336 with path 1 upgrades)|
|Total Cost||$14110||$16600||$17925||$19860 ($22920 with path 1 upgrades)|
The following lists the amount of XP required to unlock Sniper and its upgrades in Bloons TD 5. Note that no extra XP is required to unlock the Sniper because it automatically unlocks at Rank 3.
|2||Full Metal Jacket||100||100||3|
|4||Point Five Oh||1100||1600||3|
|5||Night Vision Goggles||1950||3550||3|
|7||Semi Automatic Rifle||7875||14700||3|
Differences Between BTD5 Flash and BTD5 MobileEdit
Supply Drop Ability no longer includes an initial cooldown.
Multiple Snipers set on the same setting target different bloons, preventing aiming contradiction.
Semi Automatic Rifle without Full Metal Jacket no longer allows the tower to pop Lead and Frozen Bloons.
Update History (Bloons TD Battles Mobile)Edit
The Sniper Monkey is one of the least used towers in BTD Battles Mobile, along with the Glue Gunner, Spike Factory, and Monkey Village. This is mostly because while snipers perform reasonably well versus strong bloons, they are not nearly as effective against grouped bloon rushes and are too expensive to be effective against M.O.A.B. Class Bloons. Because of this, the Sniper has been heavily buffed via game updates. Dart Farm Sniper used to be a semi-popular loadout on short maps such as Indoor Pools and such but players eventually switched to other loadouts such as Buccaneer Farm Apprentice and Engineer COBRA Apprentice.
Cripple MOAB price decreased ($12500 → $7000).
Semi Automatic Rifle price decreased ($3500 → $2750).
- Version 3.1
Supply Drop price decreased ($12000 → $8000).
- Version 3.9
Full Metal Jacket price decreased ($350 → $300).
Point Five Oh price decreased ($2200 → $1800).
Deadly Precision price decreased ($4000 →$3500).
Cripple MOAB price decreased ($7000 → $5500).
Faster Firing price decreased ($400 → $350).
Semi Automatic Rifle price decreased ($2750 → $2400).
Supply Drop price decreased ($8000 → $7000).
- Version 4.6
Overall attack speed increased by 10% (0/0: 0.45 shots per second →0.5; x/1: 0.63 shots per second → 0.7; x/3: 1.875 shots per second → 2.06).
Supply Drop now adds a +33% attack speed boost to the tower.
Point Five Oh price decreased ($1800 → $1400).
Deadly Precision price decreased ($3500 → $3200).
Bloons Tower Defense 6Edit
The Sniper Monkey makes a return in BTD6. It has been overall improved compared to its predecessor, particularly with the addition of upgrades that help address aspects Sniper weaknesses, with Shrapnel Shot being a very helpful upgrade at cleaning up bloons.
Path 1 has been dedicated to increasing the damage of each bullet. Full Metal Jacket increases the initial 2 damage per shot to 4 damage per shot, along with granting the Sniper Monkey with frozen-popping and lead-popping power. Most of the subsequent upgrades increase the amount of damage per shot, but the Maim MOAB and Cripple MOAB upgrades deal secondary stun effects to MOAB-class bloons.
Path 2 improves the utility of the Sniper Monkey, improving aspects of the Sniper that normally cannot be done alone by the other two paths. Starting with Night Vision Goggles, this upgrade allows camo detection while additionally adding +2 damage to Camo Bloons. Shrapnel Shot and Bouncing Bullet make it easier to damage multiple bloons at once via shrapnel and bullet bounces, respectively. Supply Drop, similar to the predecessor, grants an ability that drops a crate worth between $1000-$1500 cash. Elite Sniper further improves the Sniper's own Supply Drop ability, along with an entirely unique buff to all Sniper Monkeys on screen to acquire a unique Elite target priority option plus bonus attack speed.
Path 3 deals purely on increasing DPS. The first two upgrades, Fast Firing and Even Faster Firing, simply improve attack speed. The next two upgrades, Semi-Automatic and Full Auto Rifle, are upgrades that modify the Sniper Monkey to make it specialize on pure DPS, which in turn eliminate the alternate specialization options. Elite Defender adds even more DPS but with specialized increased attack speed mechanics - it can increase attack speed faster the closer bloons reach the exit and/or when lives are lost.
It is a Military class tower.
Full Metal Jacket
|Total Sell Amount||
Tier 4: $7,259
Tier 5: $31,059
Tier 4: $8,540
Tier 5: $36,540
Tier 4: $9,226
Tier 5: $39,466
Tier 4: $10,248
Tier 5: $43,848
Tier 4: $10,370
Tier 5: $44,370
Tier 4: $12,200
Tier 5: $52,200
Tier 4: $13,180
Tier 5: $56,380
Tier 4: $14,640
Tier 5: $62,640
Night Vision Goggles
|Total Sell Amount||
Tier 4: $6,843
Tier 5: $14,578
Tier 4: $8,050
Tier 5: $17,150
Tier 4: $8,694
Tier 5: $18,522
Tier 4: $9,660
Tier 5: $20,580
Tier 4: $9,775
Tier 5: $20,825
Tier 4: $11,500
Tier 5: $24,500
Tier 4: $12,420
Tier 5: $26,460
Tier 4: $13,800
Tier 5: $29,400
Even Faster Firing
Full Auto Rifle
|Total Sell Amount||
Tier 4: $5,593
Tier 5: $13,923
Tier 4: $6,580
Tier 5: $13,139
Tier 4: $7,105
Tier 5: $17,689
Tier 4: $7,896
Tier 5: $19,656
Tier 4: $7,990
Tier 5: $19,890
Tier 4: $9,400
Tier 5: $18,770
Tier 4: $10,150
Tier 5: $25,270
Tier 4: $11,280
Tier 5: $28,080
Version History (BTD6)Edit
- Initial (compared to BTD5)
- Large Calibre (former Point Five Oh) now costs less ($2200 --> $1500)
- Deadly Precision now costs less ($4000 --> $3000)
- Maim MOAB (former Cripple MOAB) now costs less ($12,500 --> $7000)
- Cripple MOAB is now a Tier-5 upgrade that adds vulnerability to affected MOAB-class bloons and stuns for much longer, but now costs $50,000.
- Several changes in path placement of the upgrades; some upgrades are moved to different paths. Particular changes occur with Faster Firing, Semi-Automatic, Night Vision Goggles, and Supply Drop.
- Supply Drop now costs less ($12,000 --> $8000)
- Sniper Monkey now is able to be blocked by Line of Sight limitations, thereby not guaranteed having infinite range.
- Overpopping a MOAB or DDT with a Sniper Monkey will now guarantee Ceramic Bloons, regardless of how much damage was applied to the MOAB-class bloon.
- Elite Sniper now increases attack speed of all snipers by 33%.
- Elite Defender base fire rate increased by 2x.
- Elite Sniper automatically changes target setting to Elite upon purchase.
- Maim MOAB damage increased (18 → 30)
- Cripple MOAB damage increased (18 → 60)
- Bouncing Bullet price reduced ($3500 → $3200)
- Supply Drop price reduced from ($8000 → $7200)
- Elite Sniper price reduced from ($16,000 → $13,000)
- Cripple MOAB costs less ($50,000 --> $40,000)
- Night Vision Goggles and subsequent upgrades now gives the sniper a damage bonus to any Camo Bloons it hits (+0 -> +2). Only affects main bullet.
- Elite Defender now grants a speed boost equal to the % of the track that the bloons have covered. E.g. If the bloons are half way through the map Elite Defender will grant 50% attack speed. If the bloons are three quarters through the map, Elite Defender will grant 75% attack speed. (It retains its bonus when lives are lost).
- Elite Defender now activates passive ability when Ezili's Sacrifice Totem is activated
Bloons Adventure Time TDEdit
Sniper Monkey is a Rare ally in BATTD. It also has unlimited range, shoots slowly, has only one pierce, and can deal multiple damage. It has a few upgrades to enhance the damage, but none for increasing attack speed or granting camo detection to itself.
- Full Metal Jacket - $350
- Point Five Oh - $1500
- Path 1 Sniper Monkeys are very effective on Strong or Last setting, because this takes max advantage of their high damage.
- Path 2 Snipers can be used on any setting very effectively.
- Snipers are good for making space for other towers and can be upgraded to detect Camos and Leads. They can save your life if you ever get Camo Leads.
- They can pop Frozen Bloons and Lead Bloons with the Full Metal Jacket Upgrade.
- The Cripple MOAB Upgrade can be particularly useful against large numbers of MOAB class bloons. Lined shoulder to shoulder against the edge of the path and target assignments set to "Close", Sniper Monkeys with this upgrade can, for a short time, halt the progress of an entire wave of them.
- Unless you are playing the Steam version, try to have multiple Snipers with upgrades and target priorities that vary from each other as multiple Snipers with the same settings are notorious for overshooting their targets, wasting shots.
- Snipers have unlimited range, and are fairly cheap. This makes them useful early game against any Pink Bloons that may rush past your towers.
- Place them away from the path, because they have unlimited range they can still hit bloons, so you make room for other towers closer to the path.
- Having 100 4/1 sniper monkeys on first can withstand 8 ZOMG without losing a single life
- At every stage of upgrading on Path 2 except for after buying Supply Drop and night vision goggles, a picture of a dart is visible on an upgrade.
- The path 1 upgrade Point Five Oh is a reference to the bullet caliber .50, which is used in many real sniper rifles (eg. Barrett M107, a .50 Caliber sniper rifle), and the movie Snatch where a character describes his Desert Eagle's caliber using words instead of the numbers.
- The Sniper Monkey appearing in Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mobile could be the reason why the app is rated 9+ for Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence.
- This is supported with Bloons TD Battles iOS being rated like this.
- This happens as well in BMC Mobile.
- However, another cause of the 9+ rating may be from the sacrifices from the TOTMG.
- 10 3/x Sniper Monkeys destroys a MOAB in one collective volley and leaves a dense group of blue bloons standing.
- If you destroy a MOAB with Deadly Precision or Cripple MOAB, after 12 shots 64 blue bloons come out, rather than 4 ceramic bloons.
- It would be most effective to have a large number of Semi Automatic Rifles set on the first targeting, and a decent amount of Cripple M.O.A.B. set to strongest targeting so one takes out the M.O.A.B. classes while the other takes down its children.
- On Park Path, it takes 23 4/1 Cripple M.O.A.B. Snipers to take out a ZOMG and all bloons spawned by it without any bloons leaking. Further testing will be required to identify whether the few leaked bloons with 22 snipers actually get through.
- On Mobile, after testing on Park Path,a maximum of 14 4/2 Cripple M.O.A.B Snipers will take out a ZOMG and all bloons spawned by it without any bloons leaking on first and no specialty building.Still leaks through with 22 Snipers on flash.
- A Semi-Automatic Rifle can pop Lead and Frozen Bloons even without Full Metal Jacket (online flash version only).
- This was because you could add 2 Ice Towers to constantly freeze a Red Bloon, and win infinite cash using Supply Drop.
- The Sniper Monkey is visible in the Bloons Tower Defense 5 Mobile trailer.
- Supply Drop is useful for freeplay. Cripple MOAB is good on later levels with strong MOAB-Class Bloons.
- A 2/0 Sniper Monkey is one of the six towers that can turn to a purple colour, the other 5 are: 3/0 Boomerang Monkey, 2/0 Ninja Monkey, 2/0 Glue Gunner, 0/2 Dartling Gun, and a 1/1 or 2/2 Spike Factory.
- There is a glitch (Through very rare, maybe more frequent on Semi-Automatic Rifle), where when the first intial layer of the ZOMG is popped, it turns into 16 M.O.A.Bs instead of 4 B.F.Bs.
- This glitch occurs most often when you pop an M.O.A.B with Cripple MOAB.
- Sniper Monkeys are left handed.
- This is the only tower in BTD5 whose name contains 2 words of the same length (i.e. Both 'Sniper' and Monkey' are 6 letters long).
- However, in BTD6, the Wizard Monkey also has this property.
- This is one of the few towers that is not restricted in any terrain in Bloons Monkey City.
- The rifle the Sniper Monkey uses is Bolt Action, as it requires x/3 upgrades to attain a semi-automatic sniper.
- It is the second tower in the series that shoots from a firearm, the first being the Dartling Gun and the third being the COBRA.
- The Supply Drop gives a random value between $500 and $1500 when used each time.
- Snipers monkey is one of the towers that have combination appearance, meaning that its hat colour and its goggles.Bomb Shooter's Cluster Bombs also have combination appearance. Spike Factories have many combination appearances.
- Despite the description saying "...2 layers off of any bloon...", the Sniper Monkey cannot pop lead or frozen bloons without the Full Metal Jacket upgrade.
- It is one of the only 2 towers to have an invisible projectile (the other being the COBRA).