|“||The tower freezes so fast the bloons pop once before freezing.||”|
|~ Bloons TD 5 description|
Snap Freeze is an upgrade for the Ice Tower that was introduced in Bloons Tower Defense 3. When a bloon is hit by the Ice Tower, it will pop a layer of that bloon and then freeze the layer below in the process. In BTD4, an Ice Tower with Snap Freeze appears identical to the regular Ice Tower, albeit with 3 additional Upgrade Marks by the side.
Bloons Tower Defense 3[edit | edit source]
Bloons Tower Defense 4[edit | edit source]
In Bloons TD 4 it is the 3rd upgrade for the Ice Tower, costing $340 on Easy, $400 on Medium and $430 on Hard. This upgrade had been improved to pop all bloons in the Ice Tower's radius (other than White and Zebra Bloons), rather than popping only some bloons.
Bloons Tower Defense 5[edit | edit source]
Bloons Tower Defense 6[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This upgrade allows for the only way other than an Absolute Zero to freeze a Zebra Bloon. If the player freezes a Rainbow Bloon with an Ice Tower with Snap Freeze, it will pop the Rainbow Bloon and out will come a frozen Zebra Bloon.
- This was the only upgrade for the Ice Tower that could pop Bloons, until the Ice Shards upgrade was implemented into BTD5.
- In BTD3, this would only sometimes pop bloons.
- In the sequels it follows, the Ice Tower will pop all bloons in its radius.
- This upgrade can damage M.O.A.B. Class Bloons but can't freeze them in BTD5.