|“||The bloons will wish they had never come.||”|
|~ Official description|
Sky Shredder is the final upgrade in Path 1 for the Monkey Ace in BTD6. It is a much more powerful version of Operation: Dart Storm. It blasts out 32 darts twice as fast as the previous upgrade at a much greater projectile speed, each dart dealing 3 damage with 8 pierce, and +2 damage against Ceramics. Its missiles originally from the Path 1, Tier-3 upgrade, Fighter Plane, do extremely high damage to MOAB-class Bloons, dealing 150 damage per missile with two missiles, enough to destroy the outer layer of a MOAB in the earlier rounds. Additionally, all Sky Shredder attacks can damage all bloon types except Camo, including Lead and Black Bloons. Crosspathing with Spy Plane allows it to pop any bloon type.
It costs $34,000 on Easy, $40,000 on Medium, $43,200 on Hard, and $48,000 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Sky Shredder is highly capable of becoming one of the overall strongest global-ranged towers in the whole game for its price. Even without considerable Monkey Ace micro, the sheer numbers of darts and missiles ensures that they will both almost never miss bloons and blimps. This allows Sky Shredder to become an excellent choice on maps that support optimal Monkey Ace flight patterns. Pairing with Alchemist buffs from Stronger Stimulant can help optimize the Sky Shredder's overall performance by amplifying dart damage by a large margin.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- When provided camo detection by Radar Scanner or Level 8+ Etienne, it is better to use the 5-0-1 crosspath, as Exploding Pineapples deals very little extra damage compared to extra +3 pierce from Sharper Darts, in addition to being extremely unreliable overall. Centered Path rarely is useful for the Sky Shredder, as most of its popping power comes from puncturing bloons at the center of the map rather than around the center of the map.
- However, if external camo detection cannot be utilized, the 5-2-0 crosspath is still decent.
- Do try to use the Wingmonkey MK, as Wingmonkey greatly optimizes its total damage output without requiring excessive micromanagement.
Version History[edit | edit source]
Sky Shredder darts deal more damage (2 —> 3)
Sky Shredder ceramic damage bonus added +2
Sky Shredder's Fighter Plane missile rate reduced from 1.5 to 2 seconds.
Sky Shredder's Fighter Plane missile pierce increased from 1 to 5.
Sky Shredder no longer pops camo by default, and now requires Spy Plane in order to pop Camo Bloons.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for the Sky Shredder implies that all the darts are shot forward, yet in-game they are shot out in a circle formation.
- This also applies to Operation: Dart Storm.
- On the map Firing Range, a Sky Shredder drops a Ground Zero bomb on the tower if the player removes the tower.
- The Sky Shredder appears to fly faster than other Tier 5 Monkey Aces.
- The Sky Shredder's visual appearance seems to be inspired by the MiG-31 "Firefox", the titular fictional aircraft of the 1982 film starring Clint Eastwood.