|“||Camo Bloons popped by flares lose their camouflage permanently.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Signal Flare is the third upgrade of Path 3 for the Mortar Monkey in BTD6. It gives the Mortar Monkey with camo detection, and allows it to strip off Camo properties. However, it cannot strip off camo from bloons it cannot damage (i.e. Camo Blacks and Camo Zebras), and it can never strip DDT camo under any circumstance.
It costs $595 on Easy, $700 on Medium, $755 on Hard, and $840 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Signal Flare is useful for combined damage and decamo for an affordable price. The infinite range of the Mortar Monkey also makes it handy on maps with lots of Line of Sight or with poor central placement.
Do note that this upgrade has a unique weakness against camo blacks and zebras, as well being unable to decamo DDTs whatsoever. Because of this, most other sources of camo detection are generally preferred over this when available.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Signal Flare can strip off camo from dangerous Bloons, such as Camo Rainbow Bloons and Camo Ceramic Bloons.
- 0-2-3 is generally the better crosspath for the Signal Flare, as it allows the Mortar to catch faster bloons easier, although Signal Flare generally shouldn't be relied on for decamoing fast bloons anyway.
- Try to target the Signal Flare Mortar onto the center of a track bend, which should maximize potential for catching bloons.
Version History (BTD6)[edit | edit source]
- Attack speed without Path 2 upgrades increased (2.2s --> 2.0s)
- Attack speed with Faster Reload increased (1.54s --> 1.5s)
- Attack speed with Rapid Reload decreased (1.07s --> 1.08s)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Signal Flare is one of two upgrades where a Tier 3 upgrade is cheaper than the base cost of the tower, the other being Primary Training.
- Bomber Ace used to fit under this criteria, but was no longer the case as of Version 7.0, when it gained a price nerf to compensate for its large damage buffs.