|“||Dark magic reveals location of all nearby Camo Bloons permanently.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Shimmer is the third upgrade of Path 3 in BTD6 for the Wizard Monkey. It produces a series of large blasts every 2.5s around its radius that reveal Camo Bloons and DDT's permanently. Each blast of Shimmer reveals up to 200 Camo Bloons at once, but like Cleansing Foam the shimmer pierce can be consumed by non-camo bloons too.
It costs $1,445 on Easy, $1,700 on Medium, $1,835 on Hard, $2,040 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Compared to other options of camo support, while Shimmer is fairly reliable when placed on curves, it is more expensive than Submerge and Support but also more restrictive than Radar Scanner. Usually, Shimmer is only used when there is a lack of water for Submerge and Support and space for Radar Scanner village, such as decamoing the top path on Infernal.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The best placement of Shimmer is to place it around a corner or curve somewhat near the start of the track.
- Shimmer can also be used to remove camo from Camo Leads without popping them themselves unless Path 2 upgrades are bought. Interestingly, this can be used together with a Lead to Gold Alchemist so that it maximizes income generation.
- Note that Shimmer has a delay on the shimmer attack, which is notable when decamoing Camo Pinks. To alleviate this issue it is best to still have some towers that can cleanup some camo, for example by getting the Wall of Fire crosspath, or low tier Ninja Monkey or Spike Factory.
- An Archmage will automatically gain Shimmer.
- Shimmer cannot activate against bloons behind obstacles, but can affect them if the shimmer is triggered on another bloon that it could see directly. The behavior of the shimmer attack is not affected by the Guided Magic crosspath, as the shimmer attack cannot detect over walls even with this upgrade. Therefore, it is still preferable in most situations to crosspath with Wall of Fire to provide an additional powerful attack.
Version History (BTD6)[edit | edit source]
- Shimmer cost decreased ($1,800 --> $1,700)
- Main bolt has more pierce (7 --> 8, inherited from the base Wizard pierce buff)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before the Version 3.0 update, this upgrade did not have a full stop at the end of its description in BTD6, being the only instance of this occurrence.
- It is possible to prove that the shimmer attack does not see over walls even with the Guided Magic crosspath. Using the map In the Loop, any Upper Path 3 upgrade, including Prince of Darkness, and place the Wizard behind the wheelbarrow. Then send a lot of DDTs on Sandbox Mode. Buy the Guided Magic crosspath. The Shimmer doesn't activate over walls under any condition, but any undead bloons will with Guided Magic.