|“||Oh, Bananas! Bloons can now have Shields! Looks like shields take one hit to remove, but can soak up any amount of damage in that hit!||”|
|~ Patch's warning for Shielded Bloons, Bloons Pop!|
Shielded Bloon are new types of bloons that made their debut in Bloons Super Monkey 2 (Stage 1-4), and also appear in Bloons Adventure Time TD and Bloons Pop!. As their name suggests, they have a shield around them, which takes 30 hits (5 in BATTD, 1 to break in Bloons Pop!) to be destroyed, except for the Mini MOAB's, which takes 50. Similar to Camo or Regrowth Bloon types in BTD5, any bloon (even Glass, Golden and UFO) can be a Shielded Bloon. The shield is only visible when the player hits it, but it will fade out soon after. With the exception of MOAB-Class Bloons, Shielded Bloons will be signified by the shock symbol on them. The shield also pushes away the Super Monkey in Bloons Super Monkey 2.
Shielded Bloons need to be hit multiple times. Multi-damage attacks will be bad against them but multi-projectile attacks will do well against them.
- Do not waste attacks whose primary strength is damage (like Sniper Monkeys) on Shielded Bloons, because they cannot directly penetrate shields.
- Attacks with large pierce and/or good Area of Effect coverage may be used to remove large numbers of present shields at once.
- The shield gets smaller and redder for each hit it takes, representing its health.
- The shield remains unchanged no matter how many times it got hit in Bloons Adventure Time TD.
- With Precision Flight, the Super Monkey cannot get pushed by Shielded Bloons before the 1.7 version update (Precision Flight nerf, Daily Blop Reward).
- In BATTD, Shielded bloons' shields can be damaged and destroyed by attacks that can't harm the bloon normally.
- There exists a Shielded Bloon shield in the Bloons TD 6 game files.