|“||Blast shockwave stuns bloons at impact, pops bloons in a wider area, and increases Burny Stuff damage.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Shell Shock is the third upgrade of Path 1 for the Mortar Monkey in Bloons TD 6. Explosions will now produce secondary explosions that can stun and/or damage more bloons. Bloons closer to the blast will be stunned and those further out will receive damage instead. Blast radius of the explosions are larger than those from Bigger Blast, from 30 to 40 for the main explosion, the secondary stunwave is 20, and secondary damage wave is 60.
Bloons hit by the stunwave will be stunned for 0.5 seconds. Bloons damaged near the center of the main explosion radius will be affected by a stun. Bloons not affected by the stunwave are instead hit by a secondary damage wave and will become inflicted with 1 extra damage. The secondary explosions will pop up to 45 bloons, just like the explosion pierce cap for previous upgrades. In total it has 45 pierce from the main explosion and 45 pierce from the shockwave.
Crosspathing with Burny Stuff improves burn damage from 1 damage to 2 damage per tick, every 1.25s for 3.75s.
The cheapest tower capable of producing stun effects currently belongs to Shell Shock. Combined with its global range potential, Shell Shock is a decent option for simply stunning bloons, although it has rather low accuracy without Increased Accuracy. Target it around bends and use the Rapid Reload crosspath for the most effective stun effects, or crosspath with Burny Stuff for general increased damage to affected bloons.
- As the cheapest tower that can inflict stuns on bloons, it can be used as cheap stunners of regular bloons. It becomes most beneficial for reducing progress of Ceramic Bloons from any range.
- The relatively low price of Shell Shock makes effective but affordable synergy with Heavy Shells, which benefits greatly from being able to deal extra damage versus stunned bloons.
- The main advantage of Shell Shock compared to alternate options such as Bloon Impact is that Shell Shock Mortars can be targeted around anywhere on the map.
- The only major disadvantage of Shell Shock compared to Bloon Impact is that Shell Shock cannot affect Black Bloons without upgrading to The Big One or without gaining special black-popping grants, as well as that Shell Shock only stuns bloons for half the time that Bloon Impact would.
- For most occasions, it is best off using the 3-2-0 Shell Shock for the increased attack speed. 3-0-2 Shell Shock deals more damage through the burning effects of Burny Stuff, but it sacrifices the stunning benefits.
- The name is a reference to actual shell shock, though that applies to people induced with trauma rather than referring to stunning bloons.
- 3-0-2 Shell Shock does not apply napalm through its secondary shockwave explosions. Only the main explosion can apply napalm.
- Shell Shock, as well as The Big One and The Biggest One, cannot stun Black or Zebra Bloons regardless of whether it can pop them or not. It can still stun the children if the bloon was popped by the main blast.
- The stun can affect bloons that weren't damaged due to the pierce cap, however the stun still has its own pierce cap.
- The upgrade icons for Shell Shock and Bloon Impact are very similar, but the bloon shown in the Shell Shock upgrade icon is vibrating and leaned a little more to its left side.
- The goggles worn by the Shell Shock monkey bear resemblance to the goggles worn by Engineer from the game Team Fortress 2, the only major difference being that the lenses are green instead of black with an orange tinge.