|“||Blast shockwave stuns bloons at impact, pops bloons in a wider area, and increases Burny Stuff damage.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Shell Shock is the third upgrade of Path 1 for the Mortar Monkey in BTD6. With this upgrade, each explosion will create secondary explosions that can stun affected bloons for 0.5 seconds that were damaged near the center of the main explosion radius and/or pop up to one layer of bloon depending on how close to the center of original explosion the bloons were. The secondary explosions will pop up to 45 bloons, just like the explosion pierce cap for previous upgrades. In total it has 45 pierce from the main explosion and 45 pierce from the shockwave.
Crosspathing with Burny Stuff improves burn damage from 1 damage to 2 damage per tick, every 1.5s for 3.0s.
It costs $925 on Easy, $1,100 on Medium, $1,190 on Hard, and $1,320 on Impoppable.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
The cheapest tower capable of producing stun effects currently belongs to Shell Shock. Combined with its global range potential, Shell Shock is a decent option for simply stunning bloons, although it has rather low accuracy without Increased Accuracy. Target it around bends and use the Rapid Reload crosspath for the most effective stun effects, or crosspath with Burny Stuff for general increased damage to affected bloons.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- As the cheapest tower that can inflict stuns on bloons, it can be used as cheap stunners of regular bloons. It becomes most beneficial for reducing progress of Ceramic Bloons from any range.
- The relatively low price of Shell Shock makes effective but affordable synergy with Heavy Shells, which benefits greatly from being able to deal extra damage versus stunned bloons.
- The main advantage of Shell Shock compared to alternate options such as Bloon Impact is that Shell Shock Mortars can be targeted around anywhere on the map.
- The only major disadvantage of Shell Shock compared to Bloon Impact is that Shell Shock cannot affect Black Bloons without upgrading to The Big One or without gaining special black-popping grants, as well as that Shell Shock only stuns bloons for half the time that Bloon Impact would.
- For most occasions, it is best off using the 3-2-0 Shell Shock for the increased attack speed. 3-0-2 Shell Shock deals more damage through the burning effects of Burny Stuff, but it sacrifices the stunning benefits.
Version History[edit | edit source]
- Explosion random deviation radius increased (18 --> 30)
- Attack speed without Path 2 upgrades increased (2.2s --> 2.0s)
- Attack speed with Faster Reload increased (1.54s --> 1.5s)
- Attack speed with Rapid Reload decreased (1.07s --> 1.08s)
- 3-0-2 Shell Shock's Burny Stuff effect deals more damage (1 --> 2)
- Description changed to reflect the above buff.
- Changed from "Each blast creates a shockwave that stuns Bloons at impact point and pops Bloons further out." to "Blast shockwave stuns bloons at impact, pops bloons in a wider area, and increases Burny Stuff damage."
- Reverted random deviation radius change
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name is a reference to actual shell shock, though that applies to people induced with trauma rather than referring to stunning bloons.
- 3-0-2 Shell Shock does not apply napalm through its secondary shockwave explosions.
- Shell Shock, as well as The Big One and The Biggest One, cannot stun Black or Zebra Bloons regardless of whether it can pop them or not. It can still stun the children if the bloon was popped by the main blast.
- The stun can affect bloons that weren't damaged due to the pierce cap, however the stun still has its own pierce cap.
- The upgrade icons for Shell Shock and Bloon Impact are very similar, but the bloon shown in the Shell Shock upgrade icon is vibrating and leaned a little more to its left side.