|“||Creates super-powerful but highly unstable sentries.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Sentry Paragon is the 5th upgrade of Path 1 for the Engineer Monkey. It allows the Engineer to build purple sentries that shoot plasma and explode instead of despawning, destroying nearby bloons. It costs $27,200 on Easy, $32,000 on Medium, $34,560 on Hard, and $38,400 on Impoppable.
The Paragon Sentry is purple and appears much larger than previous sentries, with a slightly more complex design. It shoots plasma at a very high speed and deals 2 damage per shot with a pierce of 5 per plasma blast. Plasma can pop frozen Bloons and Lead Bloons, however it cannot pop Camo Bloons (unless camo detection is granted) or Purple Bloons, unless supported with another nearby tower buff such as Monkey Intelligence Bureau.
Unlike other sentries, it explodes upon despawning, destroying any Bloons in the explosion radius and heavily damaging MOAB-class Bloons, resembling the Tech Terror's ability. Explosion radius is as large as the sentry's own range, and it cannot pop Purples.
Paragon Sentries disable themselves after 25 seconds (30 with MK). Alternatively, a Paragon Sentry can be sold to produce an on-demand explosion. Upon automatic disabling, a Paragon Sentry requires a 2-second cooldown before it finally explodes. Manually exploded Paragon Sentries bypass the timed explosion cooldown.
- Pierce: 5
- Damage: 2
- Attack Speed: ~15 attacks/second
- Range: 45
- Pierce: 50
- Damage: 85
- Range: 45
- If the Sentry Paragon Engineer has any attack speed boosts active, it can produce more Sentries at a time and increasing its damage output.
- As Sentry Paragon's sentries are not affected by crosspaths, crosspathing the Sentry Paragon isn't vital for optimizing its performance. However, it is worth noting that 5-2-0 helps contribute to extra MOAB-class damage from the main Engineer, while 5-0-2 is useful for adding extra pierce and stun from the main Engineer, particularly during rounds with Purple Bloons.
- Dark Castle is an especially good map for the sentry paragon. Placing him between two paths gives his exploding sentries a chance to hit densely-packed bloons on both sides.
- Sentry Paragon explosion damage increased from 70 → 85
- Manually sold Sentry Paragon's will explode with no animation delay
- Paragon Sentry pierce increased from 3 → 5
- The sentry's design is similar to Engineer's Workshop 4th tier Sentry from BTD5.
- The Paragon Sentry is the only tower that can be sold on C.H.I.M.P.S. mode, as it automatically activates an explosion upon selling.