|“||Creates super-powerful but highly unstable sentries.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Sentry Paragon is the 5th upgrade of Path 1 for the Engineer Monkey. It allows the Engineer to build purple sentries that shoot high-damage plasma and explode instead of despawning, destroying nearby bloons. Each active Paragon Sentry shoots plasma at 15 times per second, deals 2 damage per shot, and each shot has 5 pierce. Once a Sentry Paragon is deactivated, it undergoes a brief 2-second phase (or immediately if manually sold) before exploding at slightly more than its own base range with 100 damage and up to 50 pierce.
Although the purple sentries, called Paragon Sentries, replace all of the Sentry Expert's four specialized sentries, Sentry Paragon has the highest overall DPS out of all Engineer Monkeys, excluding instakills from the XXXL Trap upgrade.
It costs $27,200 on Easy, $32,000 on Medium, $34,560 on Hard, and $38,400 on Impoppable.
Paragon Sentry[edit | edit source]
The Paragon Sentry is purple and appears much larger than previous sentries, with a slightly more complex design. It shoots plasma at a very high speed and deals 2 damage per shot with a pierce of 5 per plasma blast. Plasma can pop frozen Bloons and Lead Bloons, however it cannot pop Camo Bloons (unless camo detection is granted) or Purple Bloons, unless supported with another nearby tower buff such as Monkey Intelligence Bureau.
Unlike other sentries, it explodes upon despawning, destroying any Bloons in the explosion radius and heavily damaging MOAB-class Bloons, resembling the Tech Terror's ability. Explosion radius very slightly larger than the sentry's own range, but it cannot pop Purples unlike Tech Terror's ability.
Paragon Sentries disable themselves after 25 seconds (30 with MK). Alternatively, a Paragon Sentry can be sold to produce an on-demand explosion. Upon automatic disabling, a Paragon Sentry requires a 2-second cooldown before it finally explodes. Manually exploded Paragon Sentries bypass the timed explosion cooldown.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Sentry Paragon is a solid DPS option, although alternative options exist that fulfill a similar purpose. The main strength of Sentry Paragon comes from its Paragon Sentry plasma attacks, which deal a respectable amount of overall damage to both MOAB-class and bloons. Expired sentries additionally explode after a short delay for an unreliable but useful cleanup. Adding attack speed buffs such as Jungle Drums or Overclock to the Sentry Paragon Engineer is strongly recommended to maximize its damage potential.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If the Sentry Paragon Engineer has any attack speed boosts active, it can produce more Sentries at a time and increasing its damage output.
- Try adding Overclock to the Sentry Paragon, as this allows the Sentry Paragon to consistently produce sentries at a significantly improved rate. Although it doesn't improve the sentries themselves, the deployment rate of Paragon Sentries increases with attack speed buffs.
- Jungle Drums can improve both the Paragon Sentry deployment rate and the Paragon Sentries themselves, as long as the Sentry Paragon Sentry is in range of the Village.
- When crosspathing upgrades to enhance the Sentry Paragon's sentries, it's best to choose the 5-0-1 crosspath over 5-1-0. The additional pierce coupled with high attack speed means that the sentries can damage more bloons, which outweighs the benefits of having more range on your sentries. Tier 2 upgrades won't affect the sentries, but it will affect the main Engineer by just a little bit.
- Dark Castle is an especially good map for the Sentry Paragon. Placing him between two paths gives his exploding sentries a chance to hit densely-packed bloons on both sides.
Update History[edit | edit source]
- Sentry Paragon explosion damage increased from 70 → 85
- Manually sold Paragon Sentries will explode with no animation delay
- Paragon Sentry pierce increased from 3 → 5
- Sentry Paragon is now affected by crosspathing from Larger Service Area and Oversize Nails.
- Sentry Paragon sentries are deployed faster (7s --> 6s)
- Sentry Paragon base sentry range increased (45 --> 50)
- Sentry Paragon explosion radius now scales with sentry radius
Sentry Paragon exposion damage increased (85 --> 100)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The sentry's design is similar to Engineer's Workshop 4th tier Sentry from BTD5.
- The Paragon Sentry is the only tower that can be sold on C.H.I.M.P.S. mode. When sold, it automatically activates an on-demand explosion.