|“||Creates super-powerful but highly unstable sentries.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Sentry Paragon is the 5th upgrade of Path 1 for the Engineer Monkey. It allows the Engineer to build purple sentries that shoot high-damage plasma and explode instead of despawning, destroying nearby bloons. Each active Paragon Sentry shoots plasma at 15 times per second, deals 2 damage per shot, and each shot has 5 pierce. Once a Sentry Paragon is deactivated, it undergoes a brief 2-second phase (or immediately if manually sold) before exploding at slightly more than its own base range with 85 damage and up to 50 pierce.
Although the purple sentries, called Paragon Sentries, replace all of the Sentry Expert's four specialized sentries, Sentry Paragon has the highest overall DPS out of all Engineer Monkeys, excluding instakills from the XXXL Trap upgrade.
It costs $27,200 on Easy, $32,000 on Medium, $34,560 on Hard, and $38,400 on Impoppable.
The Paragon Sentry is purple and appears much larger than previous sentries, with a slightly more complex design. It shoots plasma at a very high speed and deals 2 damage per shot with a pierce of 5 per plasma blast. Plasma can pop frozen Bloons and Lead Bloons, however it cannot pop Camo Bloons (unless camo detection is granted) or Purple Bloons, unless supported with another nearby tower buff such as Monkey Intelligence Bureau.
Unlike other sentries, it explodes upon despawning, destroying any Bloons in the explosion radius and heavily damaging MOAB-class Bloons, resembling the Tech Terror's ability. Explosion radius very slightly larger than the sentry's own range, but it cannot pop Purples unlike Tech Terror's ability.
Paragon Sentries disable themselves after 25 seconds (30 with MK). Alternatively, a Paragon Sentry can be sold to produce an on-demand explosion. Upon automatic disabling, a Paragon Sentry requires a 2-second cooldown before it finally explodes. Manually exploded Paragon Sentries bypass the timed explosion cooldown.
- Pierce: 5
- Damage: 2
- Attack Speed: ~15 attacks/second
- Range: 45
- Pierce: 50
- Damage: 85
- Range: 50
- If the Sentry Paragon Engineer has any attack speed boosts active, it can produce more Sentries at a time and increasing its damage output.
- As Sentry Paragon's sentries are not affected by crosspaths, crosspathing the Sentry Paragon isn't vital for optimizing its performance. However, it is worth noting that 5-2-0 helps contribute to extra MOAB-class damage from the main Engineer, while 5-0-2 is useful for adding extra pierce and stun from the main Engineer, particularly during rounds with Purple Bloons. Additionally, a 5-0-0 will be slightly under $40,000 thus giving full uptime on an Overclock.
- Dark Castle is an especially good map for the Sentry Paragon. Placing him between two paths gives his exploding sentries a chance to hit densely-packed bloons on both sides.
- Sentry Paragon explosion damage increased from 70 → 85
- Manually sold Sentry Paragon's will explode with no animation delay
- Paragon Sentry pierce increased from 3 → 5
- The sentry's design is similar to Engineer's Workshop 4th tier Sentry from BTD5.
- The Paragon Sentry is the only tower that can be sold on C.H.I.M.P.S. mode. When sold, it automatically activates an on-demand explosion.