|“||Allows Sniper to take multiple shots and attack 3x as fast.||”|
|~ BTD5 Description|
Semi-Automatic Rifle is the 3rd upgrade of the 2nd path for the Sniper Monkey in BTD5. This upgrade allows the monkey to fire three times as fast. It is most effective when combined with Point Five-Oh, popping up to 21 layers of bloons every three shots, thus damaging M.O.A.B. Class Bloons three times as fast too. In BTD5, it costs $2975 (Easy), $3500 (Medium), $3780 (Hard), $4200 (Impoppable).
In BTD6, this upgrade makes a return, but under the new name Semi-Automatic. However, it is now no longer possible to purchase both Full Metal Jacket/Large Calibre and Night Vision Goggles at the same time. Overall, compared to BTD5's Semi-Automatic Rifle, it shoots considerably faster; it shoots 3x faster than Even Faster Firing, equating to ~7.7x faster than a normal Sniper. See this link for further information.
Tips[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Although the upgrade name suggests that the sniper rifle becomes semi-automatic, the monkey still operates the bolt to re-chamber.
- With Point Five Oh, when this pops a Rainbow Bloon, it will become 8 Red Bloons, and when it pops a Ceramic Bloon it becomes 16 Yellow Bloons.
- Even with Point Five Oh, it does pop 21 layers in 3 seconds, while Deadly Precision pops 18 layers in 3 seconds, but Deadly Precision pops an entire Ceramic Bloon, while Semi-Automatic Rifle pops only 7 layers per seconds, spreading the 8 Yellow Bloons.
- This is because, the Semi-Automatic Rifle only triples its attack speed, and does not boost its layer damage, and cannot skip layers.
- On the Flash Version of BTD5, the upgrade can pop Frozen and Lead Bloons without the need of Full Metal Jacket.
- In BTD5, it attacks the same speed as the Mortar Monkey's Artillery Battery Upgrade.