|“||Converts all Bloons partially into gold, getting more cash per pop from affected Bloons.||”|
|~ BTD6 description|
Rubber to Gold is the fourth upgrade of Path 3 for the Alchemist. It allows potions thrown by the Alchemist to partially turn bloons and MOAB-class bloons (except the BAD) partially to gold, adding +$2 the amount of money players get for that pop. Fully instakilling MOAB-class bloons (specifically via Monkey Pirates, Pirate Lord, or XXXL Trap) affected by the Rubber to Gold effect will triple income gain instead of adding +$2 per pop to only the outer layer.
It costs $2335 on Easy, $2750 on Medium, $2970 on Hard, and $3300 on Impoppable.
Rubber to Gold will add an extra attack that turns bloons partially into gold. Affected bloons will appear slightly golden; these bloons will earn +$2 income for all layers popped (except for MOAB-class, where only the outer layer is affected). Its special attack comes out every 5 seconds and can hit up to 15 bloons. The gold effect lasts for 5 seconds and soaks through bloons but not blimps. It is important to note that the cash modifier is additive.
Rubber to Gold also retains its Lead to Gold special capability, whereby popping lead bloons with this Alchemist in any way will give an instant $50. Leads can still be affected by Rubber to Gold; when they are affected by Rubber to Gold, popping them will earn triple the normal income but cannot triple the Lead to Gold bonus.
The Rubber to Gold Alchemist will now dress up as an early English alchemist. Additionally, his goggles and eyes both become golden in appearance. The artwork features that alchemist revealing a golden-looking liquid potion.
With the Path 1 crosspaths, Larger Potions adds a large backpack on the monkey's back, while Acidic Mixture Dip adds an bucket of acid on the right-hand side of the monkey's backpack. With Path 2 crosspaths, Stronger Acid changes the acid in the bottle to purple and gives the Alchemist white gloves, while the Perishing Potions upgrade gives it a black facemask and black gloves.
- Setting Alchemist to Strong will make them target the bloons who provide most cash since the effect soaks through all layers.
- The Acid Pools set up by the Alchemist will not apply gold.
- MOAB-class bloons that are affected by Rubber to Gold give triple the income when hooked in by Monkey Pirates or Pirate Lord. Likewise, trapping an affected MOAB-class bloon into an XXXL Trap will provide triple income once full and collected, on top of a 2x bonus if collected manually.
Rubber to Gold can also affect any MOAB-class bloon except the BAD.
Attack can now be thrown over obstacles.
- Despite the fact that Ceramic Bloons are made of clay, they can still be turned into gold.
- After update 3.0, this also applies to M.O.A.B. Class Bloons (except the BAD).
- Even though Version 19.0 added a separate money counter for almost all towers, it has not been yet implemented for Lead to Gold, Rubber to Gold, or Monkey Town.