|This page is currently under construction. Please bear with us while our editors improve the page.|
|“||Shoots a deadly ring of flame instead of tacks.||”|
|~ BTD6 Description|
Ring of Fire is the fourth upgrade of Path 1 for the Tack Shooter in Bloons TD 6. It exchanges the hot tacks from Hot Shots (rather than from Tack Sprayer like in BTD5) with deadly flame rings. These rings shoot at a much faster rate (every 0.54s) and deal 3 damage each (+1 per Path 3 crosspath) to up to 60 bloons per fire blast (+10 per Path 2 crosspath). Although much weaker against MOAB-class bloons compared to the previous upgrade, it is extremely powerful versus regular grouped bloons prior to the rise of Super Ceramics. It cannot pop Purple Bloons, which is a weakness no other Primary Monkey possesses (except its further upgrade Inferno Ring).
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Summary[edit | edit source]
Sacrificing its high MOAB-class damage for much stronger grouped damage, the Ring of Fire is an effective method for countering grouped bloons. It is highly effective against mid-game grouped bloons, but it falls off greatly in late-game, where a majority of regular bloons are Super Ceramics. Like most Tack Shooter upgrades, placing a Ring of Fire along a bend will greatly optimize its potential overall.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Use the 4-0-2 crosspath for wiping out stronger groups of bloons, but use the 4-2-0 crosspath for greater coverage and popping of weaker groups of bloons. Because Ring of Fire has poor base range, in most situations 4-2-0 is usually the better option.
- Like all Tack Shooters, place a Ring of Fire along a corner or bend to optimize its attacks.
- Ring of Fire is rather poor against Super Ceramics, but it is not at all completely useless against them. Paired with Ice Monkeys with Re-Freeze and Enhanced Freeze, Ring of Fire can deal with larger groups of Super Ceramics pretty effectively, just not very efficiently.
Version History[edit | edit source]
- Ring of Fire deals more damage (2 → 3)
- 410 and 420 Ring of Fire now adds +10 pierce with each Path 2 upgrade
- 402 Ring of Fire now adds +1 damage (3 → 4)
- 401 and 402 Ring of Fire now no longer grants bonus pierce
- All Path 3 upgrades now add +1 damage to the flame ring per upgrade
- Ring of Fire cost decreased ($4500 --> $3500)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Unlike BTD5, the Tack Sprayer upgrade is now on a separate path, Path 3, which mostly centres around gaining extra projectiles.
- With the new price as of Version 22.0, the cost of the Ring of Fire is now the same cost as it is in Bloons Monkey City Mobile, which apparently costs $3500 to compensate a possible projectile duplication bug from Monkey Fort.
- The Tier 3 upgrades Blade Shooter and Tack Sprayer were precursors to Ring of Fire in earlier generations of the Bloons TD series, before BTD5 and during the BTD5 generation, respectively.