|“||This next round coming up will separate the strong from the weak. Make sure you have good Camo detection by now and burst damage to deal with Regrowers too.||”|
|~ BTD5 Round 42|
Regrow Bloons (also known as Regen Bloons, Regrowth Bloons, Regrows, and Regrowers) are heart-shaped bloons that grow one extra layer every 3 seconds, up to their original form. The Regrowth status of bloons was first introduced in Bloons Tower Defense 5, and appearing in later Bloons Tower Defense games like Bloons Monkey City, Bloons TD Battles, and Bloons TD 6.
Regrow Bloons can be troublesome if not popped fast enough, and if the Regrowth Bloon can split into two other bloons, those bloons can regenerate back into their original parent, and would eventually cause a chain reaction of bloons being multiplied. This behavior can be exploited as a method to produce large amounts of Cash from popped Regrow Bloons. This method was known as Regen Farming. This exploit was soon fixed and regenerated layers no longer give cash, at least for Bloons TD 5 Flash, Bloons TD 6, and Bloons Adventure Time TD.
Regrow Bloons can also have Camo status at the same time, making them particularly dangerous (such bloons are called Camo Regrowth Bloons or Camgrow Bloons). Regrow Bloons can appear on any level of the bloons family line from Blue Bloon to Ceramic, although MOAB-Class Bloons can't be Regrow Bloons, nor their spawned children (With the D.D.T being the only exception, as they can spawn Camo Regrowth Ceramic Bloons). Regrow Bloons appear in Round 17, 19, 25, 29, 31, 36, 38, 39, 42, 48, 49, 51, 56, 59, 61, 62, 67, 69, 70, 72, 74, 76, 79, 82, 83, 90 and 95.
The Regrowth ability of bloons can also be paired up with the Fortified ability, along with the Camo property. Only Lead and Ceramic Bloons can have all three bloon properties in Bloons Tower Defense 6, as they are the only non MOAB-Class Bloons that can be Fortified.
In Bloons TD 6, the Grow Blocker upgrade for the Monkey Village and Ezili's Heartstopper ability both temporarily stops Regrow Bloons from regenerating layers. Grow Blocker blocks regrow properties within its range, while Ezili's Heartstopper stops regrow properties for a limited time across the whole screen. Both of these properties utilize Grow Blocked status effects to achieve this.
In Bloons Pop!, regrow bloons do not regenerate layers. Instead, they split into three bloons of their descent when they are popped, regardless of their bloon type.
- Players should avoid using slow attacking towers such as Bomb Shooter.
- Damage over time status effects such as Corrosive Glue or Burny Stuff are excellent to temporarily neutralize regrow property, popping bloons slightly faster than they can regrow.
- However DoT cannot pop regrow bloons effectively without support of other towers.
- Several Regrow stripping upgrades such as Cleansing Foam or Heart of Oak are excellent when dealing with bloons that split preventing them to multiply back to parent bloon and causing Regen farm.
- Main article: Regrow Bloon/Strategies
- The Regrow Bloons are described as cute, as the Regrow Bloons warning says. This might be the reason why the Regrow Bloons are heart shaped and why people think that heart shapes are cute, and they think that the heart is the symbol of love, and they give their loved ones heart shaped boxes of chocolate for Valentine's Day. But still take lives if leaked.
- In BTD 6, Alternate Bloon Rounds, Round 5, a regrow camo red will spawn, which was the result of a meme being popular of the camo regrow red being extremely powerful. But in reality (Camo) Regrow Reds arent any stronger than regular (camo) Red bloon, its actually weaker as its larger and easier to pop. They can still be spawned in Sandbox Mode.
- If a tower popped a Regrow Bloon that had just regrown its old layer, the player will NOT get money for popping that layer. The player will only get money for popping the layer(s) below the ones you popped. Example: a pink regen enters the map, you pop it and make it a yellow, giving you 1 money. If it regens up to a pink, you won't get any money for popping it back to a yellow. You will however, get money for popping the yellow into a green, then blue, etc. This only applies to Flash version.
- Children of a Regrowth Bloon regrow back to their original parent, regardless of whether the corresponding parent has spawned one or two of them. Meaning for example, a White/Black Regen Bloon can pop into two Pinks, the latter of which can grow back to two whites/blacks.
- This sort of regrowth can add extra cash from the split bloons, which is, in this case, called Regen Farming.
- If a Rainbow Regrow (spawned from a Ceramic) regenerates, it will regenerate back its entire ceramic shell, requiring another ten hits (more in Freeplay Mode) to pop it back down to a rainbow. However, a damaged Regrow Ceramic does not regenerate its ceramic shell.
- Corrosive Glue acts faster than regeneration. However, it will take a while before the bloon is totally popped and it will take much longer for corrosive glue to pop regrow bloons than regular Bloons.
- In the Covert Pops Special Mission, bloons that are normally Camo become Regrowth instead.
- Beekeepers are good for popping Regrow Bloons that do not have multiple children. This is mentioned in the Beekeeper's description, saying "Regrow bloons, beware!". This is because regrow bloons do not regrow with a bee on it.
- Cleansing Foam can remove the regeneration properties of a Regrow Bloon and is one of only four towers to be able to do so (the other being the Mortar with a level 3+, 8+, and 13+ Monkey Knowledge Level, the Wizard with a level 4+ Monkey Knowledge Level, and a Monkey Sub with a level 4 Specialty Building)
- Regrowth Lead Bloons can be very hard to beat with only Road Spikes and Pineapples because you would have to use a Pineapple to pop the Lead layer. However, by the time you place Road Spikes, the bloons may have regenerated into lead again, and so on.
- Any sort of Spike Factory would remove the threat of Regrow Bloons in general because by the time the Bloons get to the spikes, the bloon will have very little time to regrow once it starts to pop. This is not the case if there are too many Regrow Bloons for the Spike Factory to handle, however.
- Bloon Liquefiers are the best type of corrosive glue against Regrow Bloons (and all bloons).
- Regrowth Reds can appear in Bloons Monkey City, particularly on MOAB-Class Camo Assault tiles.
- They can be also sent on Bloons TD Battles by players.
- Regrow Bloons can't regenerate while frozen by Ice Monkeys.
- Technically, they regrow one layer per 25 frames, which actually works out to 1.2 layers a second
- Regrow Bloons DO NOT regenerate any layer whilst in a Bloonchipper, even if the Bloonchipper has no upgrades.
- In Bloons TD Battles, there was an annoying bug where Regrow Bloons instantly regrow right after it was popped, and caused a lot of issues.
- This bug might also happen in Bloons Monkey City.
- There used to be a strategy in BTD5 called Regen Farming, where the player could earn ridiculously huge amounts of cash by popping regenerated layers and keeping them from leaking with 4/2 Ninja Monkeys or 4/x Apprentices. However, the Flash Version was updated to where cash cannot be earned from regrown layers, not even from split bloons. However, if the player uses enough Ice Towers to keep a bloon frozen along with Supply Drop Snipers, the frozen bloons will stall the round and allow the player to keep Supply Dropping again and again. The new strategy that goes complementary with Regen Farming is called Supply Drop Farming. You can also do that by starting what would be a normal regen farm, and use the supply drops.
- In Bloons TD 5, the player never gets to see a Regrow Lead Bloon in the main game or Mastery Mode . However, they can see it in Sandbox mode, some Daily Challenges, Bloons Tower Defense Battles and Bloons Monkey City.
- In Bloons Monkey City, Regrow Bloons can appear in assaults.
- In Bloons TD5 Mobile, Regrow Bloons do change their size which may make them harder to pop than their flash counterparts, due to some Regrow Bloons being smaller than those in flash.
- In BTD6, Regrow Black Bloons and White Bloons are just as small as their original size.